Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Car Commercials, the good, the bad, and the annoying!

Comments

• fintailfintail Posts: 32,914
    edited December 2012
    The house prop thing is funny, as it is an obvious prop and not a real house. Maybe a hidden statement about the quality of tract McMansions so often pined for by "successful people" (who "built it" all alone, no doubt), even those who whine about politics while trying to get political themselves :shades:
    And a million optional toppings, some of them costing an obscene fortune, where a basic cheese pizza is 4 Euro, but a loaded one is 40 Euro. :shades:
    You should. To some of us, severe body rust is a weird and exotic thing. Could make a good commercial too, showing how far (most) cars have come in that area.
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,968
    edited December 2012
    Don't know how much interest there would be in a Rust Bucket discussion (maybe we could name it Why You Don't Want to Live in Michigan).

The few I already have barely qualify.

Maybe a "I can't believe this drives" thread. The structural rot hidden underneath those decaying body panels is most worrisome.
  • lemkolemko Posts: 15,071
    I suggest Lexus use this location for their commercials to reflect the REAL economic situation of most folks:

• xrunner2xrunner2 Posts: 3,062
    That location probably is deserving of an escalade commercial.
  • michaellmichaell Posts: 4,300
    Not sure if it's national or not, but a funny commercial has popped up here in Colorado.

Husband tells wife about gift while standing in the living room. Husband intimates that "I left the seat heaters on". Both excitedly leave the house to see the (presumably) new car in the drive.

All they see are tire tracks and the red bow.

Moral of the story? Don't leave your car running (it's calling "puffing" here in Colorado and you can get a ticket for it).
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Dibs on the Turkey leg, but not if I have to ride in one of those rust buckets to get there!

Let's be thankful for galvanized steel.
  • That location probably is deserving of an escalade commercial.

ROTFLMBO!

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

• roadburnerroadburner Posts: 6,019

2009 328i / 2004 X3 2.5/ 1995 318ti Club Sport/ 1975 2002A/ 2007 Mazdaspeed 3/ 1999 Wrangler/ 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica

Car is too douchey for me (based on who buys them new in my neighborhood), but the bike is beautiful.
    Didn't the GS just do the whole break-through-the-wall thing?

It gets attention, I guess, but does every commercial have to act like Top Gear and drift everything in sight?

Seems more like a muscle car commercial.
    Unpacking power - An incredibly dumb and irresponsible commercial. BMW has had other dumb, stupid commercials. Such as guy with an open sunroof in a BMW korean look-alike sedan getting a coffee refill from an air tanker flying overhead.
  • roadburnerroadburner Posts: 6,019
    Unpacking power - An incredibly dumb and irresponsible commercial.

That's what makes it so great...

2009 328i / 2004 X3 2.5/ 1995 318ti Club Sport/ 1975 2002A/ 2007 Mazdaspeed 3/ 1999 Wrangler/ 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica

• explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,451
    edited December 2012
    Don't worry, I'm sure it was done on a closed course with a professional driver.
    Just buckle your seat belt every time you get in your car, and I'm sure you will be ok.

That being said, I kind of like this Christmas Card video
    Christmas Card video. Ho hum. Yes. Very good driving in a commercial on a “paved safe course” in a BMW. Watch this onboard clip with a team in a WRC stage at Rally Italia this year to see real driving on a real road: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev2lYCUY-Vc or another longer clip of Rally Portugal, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGUlnLbS4TU

WRC events. Where “real” dust, gravel being thrown around by “top” drivers of the world. Not some stupid commercials we have seen of BMW’s, Mercedes and other cars sliding around in tv make-believe land.

Current R&T has an article of a top US performance rally driver, John Buffum.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,451
    I really don't see a big difference.
    Both have permission to drive however they see fit for their purposes.
    When it comes to WRC, you only need to know 2 words, Sebastian Loeb.
    I'm pretty sure he's been champ 9 of the last 10 years and won 9 of 13 events in 2012.
    Personally, I like Ken Block as a US driver.
    He cranks out some fun stuff.
    doing a little drifting
    The fake engine sounds coming from the radio actually sound pretty good. :D