Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Yaris Body Repair Questions

2»

Comments

• ttaittai Posts: 114
    I'm sure his insurance took some pictures. But I'm not going to bother. I'll let you enjoy your hyundai while in the back of your mind you're thinking you're driving a death trap. harrharrr . Yaris rules.
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,682
    Hardly. My little car was hit broadside by a semi going at 72 mph a few months ago. Not only did I walk away without a scratch, the car sustained only a few nicks on the plastic side molding. The side airbag inflated, but--and I could hardly believe this--it retracted and recharged all by itself, all ready to go again. So the repair costs on the car were less than $100 (new molding). Yes, quite a car. Nearly as impressive as your co-worker's Yaris, wouldn't you say?
  • dakedake Posts: 131
    This is my only fear with the Yaris, those acres of smooooooth, slightly curved door panels are just screaming for door dings - I know it's only a matter of time. :(
  • lhansonlhanson Posts: 268
    You are right about that, I have one on each side of my car. It's pretty shocking when it first happens, but you eventually learn to live with it.
  • Hello,
    So the airbag in the streering wheel of my 2007 yaris hatchback has been deployed so we bought a set consisting of an airbag, clockspring, seat belts and module. After replacing the module and clockspring, we tested the electrical current going through the steering wheel airbag connectors and found that there was still 4V of electricity going through them. Is it ok to reconnect the airbag or will it deploy due to this current? Should the seat belts be replaced aswell?
  • Anybody had trouble w/Yaris sedan trunks leaking? I looked at a used 2007 sedan on a lot and the spare tire well had cuppa water in it. Dealer figured it was cause they pressure wash the cars, but I've got a 99 Nissan Sentra w/a trunk leak that won't quit. They did give me a neat idea w/talcum powder to spot to path in that I hadn't thought of, so it wasn't a total waste. Otherwise the car was fine.
  • dakedake Posts: 131
    Well, there's a guy on the Echo forum that had a leaky trunk and traced it to a bad weld up by the bottom of the back window. He cleaned the area and caulked it and fixed the problem.

Try looking at the metal all around the trunk opening and see if you see any hairline cracks or rust that would be allowing water through.
  • yaris_1yaris_1 Posts: 1
    My 2007 hatchback was recently hit and I am anxious to find out the extent of the damage. I was hoping someone here could give their opinion.

The car was hit on the front right wheel, the top of which is now leaning towards the center of the car. I am assuming the frame has also been damaged from the impact, but this has not been confirmed and it will be a few more days before the insurance guy will come to look at it so no one is saying anything yet. Below are links to pictures of the damage.

Wheel damage
    close up

Thanks in advance!
  • Hi I was driving through the snowstorm Dec 7, 2009, and because of an accident ahead that completely stopped all traffic moving decided to take the backroads. A bad decision as the backroads were not ploughed. I ended up sliding sidewards at less than 5 mph and came to rest at an angle on the guard rail. The front passenger side bumper and fender got dented due to the weight of the car - no damage to wheel or mechanical parts. No damage to guard rail. No damage to engine or anything under the hood. I am looking for an economical way to get my car repaired. I am looking for any reliable and cheap body shops in Piscataway, Edison, New Brunswick area. Also, I am a handy person and am looking for where I can buy these parts - the bumper assembly including the upper and lower grilles, the front passenger side headlamp assembly, the front passenger side fender (quarter plate) and any associated parts. Thanks, Chris.
  • camry11camry11 Posts: 1
    My 1986 Camry has an air conditioner that works fine EXCEPT when it rains. When it rains the air conditioner button blinks and only hot air comes out of the vent. What is the problem
2»