Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jeep Liberty Heating Ventilation and A/C

Comments

• caribou1caribou1 Posts: 1,349
    Hi fishinsteve,
    I don't understand where the clogged drain is located.

I found lots of dirt accumulated between the decorative plastic liners and the body, right underneath the doors. This is where bottom panels join the chassis. To remove the residue where perforation can occur, we need to replace the 'one-shot' plastic fasteners or to paint this 'vertical' area in black.
  • This is the weirdest thing I was at a car wash & when I dropped off my car all the fan speeds worked with or without the AC on. I get in my car and #2 does not work at all, but 1, 3 & 4 are okay with or without the AC.. Has anyone had this same problem? Its still under the factory warranty until 100,000 miles and I only have 55K, Im wondering if this will be covered? II guess I could live without #2, but #3 is so loud, is this a big deal?
  • 2006 liberty diesel. some mornings the a/c gets cold within seconds. later in the day it stops working cold and blows warm air. other mornings it blows warm when started and will not get cold. it's iratic, cold, not cold.i'm headed to fl withing weeks and need help.
  • fideaufideau Posts: 1
    Had same problem with 02 Liberty. The AC drain is too short and gets easily clogged. Even wind will drive water back into the cab as you drive. Its on the firewall, passenger side.After several "clean outs" a mechanic at my dealership took a piece of hose and lengthend the drain, turned it down a little. Only about 5 inches of hose. Problem solved. It's just one more of those bad engineering problems on the Liberty.
  • Problem solved. It turns out that the sensor on the receiver/dryer went bad. when the plug was disconnected and the plug terminals jumped, the compressor started immediately. they do go bad.
  • My heater blower stopped working on the fourth setting and now it does not blow at all. any suggestions, I would love to be able to fix this myself if it is no too involved.
  • i'm not sure if they will cover it but you could try, and yes it is a problem i had the same kind of problem 1 went then 2 a while later and then 3 and then 4 worked for a while and then 3 went i talked to chrysler and they said 4 would never burn out well thats a lie i have no heat or a/c 1,2,3,4 dont work if you can get it fixed as soon as posible do it. (not sure if its covered though)
  • I heard that all you need to do is take off the panel right by the hood realse button and there will be a hole or something just get something to pook around with in there it's probly just a plugged drain to drain the water out hope this helps :)
  • i have an '05 with 76000 + miles. only recently had any issues. my a/c and heat only work on setting 4. sort of annoying! then just the other day i reached behind my passenger seat for something and it was soaked. i have the all weather heavy duty floor mats so i never noticed anything being wet. i was not sure if it was the intensity of my hvac these past few months or what. but now that i have read some posts it seems i am not alone. i am not terribly mechanical but i would like to try and fix it without taking it to a shop. can someone explain a little more in detail how i would add hose to the drain. would be much appreciated!
  • My jeep warms up in the morning but will not blow warm air into the cabin unless I am moving. The fan is working and I can still change the flow of air. Are there two blowers for this vehicle ro even two different fuses? Looking for a reasonable plan of action.
  • I have a crack in upper right hand corner of radiator.not in seam,no stone or other marks.what could cause this?
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    My first guess would be either defective material or quality control on the assembly line.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • I have a 2005 Liberty Renegade. The A/C compressor kicks in and out even when I have the controls on vent only. I have never had a vehicle to do this. Is this normal to the Liberty? If not, what would be the cause? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
  • ppradierppradier Posts: 1
    Hi,

My Liberty CRD 2005 ventilation fans doesn't work anymore when set on position 1, 2 or 3 but work normally when on position 4, I check all fuses and they all are ok, any idea where to look next?

Thank you!
  • drumskidrumski Posts: 1
    My compressor would come on and blow cold air but would cycle off like it was low on freon, the clutch would disengage. If I tapped on the compressor the clutch would engage and start working again. It started to happen more often, mechanic said I need a new compressor.
    THE FIX: Behind the clutch is a washer, removed it and replaced the clutch. Never had any problems since, I did it over a year ago.
  • vicvillevicville Posts: 19
    Does the 2008 have a in cabin air filter to replace. I thought i remember reading it in the jeep book, but no one sells the replacment.. or is it a dealer only service..
  • i have a 2003 jeep liberty i found a lot of water under rug i mean a puddle on passenger side . has anyone figured out what the water is coming from ? :confuse:
  • bblawmanbblawman Posts: 2
    HAD THE SAME PROBLEM IT WAS CAUSED BY LOW ANTI FREEZE WHEN I TOPED IT OFF IT WORKED FINE HOWERER EVERY FEW WEEKS IT WOULD HAPPEN AGAIN COULD NOT FIND WHERE I WAS LOOSING FLUID!1 WAS HOT HEAD GASKET , NO WATER IN OIL & PLUGS LOOKED FINE. PUT CARBORD BOX UNDER CAR AT NIGHT NEX MORING NO FLUID ON BOX IT TURNED OUT TO BE A SMALL HAIR LINE CRACK ( ABOUT 3/4 INCH LONG) IN RADIATOR AT TOP RIGHT CORNER ONLY WOULD GIVE OFF STEAM WHEN CAR WAS RUNNING AND A SMALL AMOUNT AT THAT IT WAS JUST BY CHANCE I FOUND IT WHEN I PUMPED AIR IN COLD RADIATOR ( WITH CAP PUMP A TOOL TO FIND COOLING LEAKS) IT DID NOT HISS OR LEAK
  • bblawmanbblawman Posts: 2
    HAVE A 2002 JEEP LIBERTY AC WORKS FINE AS WELL AS HEAT ALL FOUR BLOWER POS. WORK HOWEVER THE AC COLDEST SELECTION , THE ONE THAT RECIRCULATES AIR FROM INSIDE CAR ( FRIST POS, ON SELECTOR) AIR BLOWS OUT SLOW ALMOST LIKE SOMTHING IS BLOCKING IT ALL OTHER SELECTIONS THAT TAKE OUTSTDE AIR WORK FINE! ANYONE HAVE AN IDEA WHAT IT COULD BE? JEEP TELLS ME THIS YEAR DOES NOT HAVE A FILTER
  • Replaced AC compressor last fall and system worked fine then. No cold air now when I need it last week. AC compressor clutch does not engage. Ran jumper wire on low pressure switch and clutch still won't engage. Applied separate 12 volt source to AC clutch at pigtail on top of compressor and the clutch engaged ! Anyone have any ideas why system not supplying power to the compressor clutch on its own ? Thanks