Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Escape Paint

2»

Comments

• mtcarmelfoxmtcarmelfox Posts: 13
    The 2003 Escape was manufactured by Ford at their Kansas City Assembly Plant. Ford manufactured the Mazda Tribute in the same facility. I was personally in the facility many times. Numerous owners have been taking Ford to small claims court and winning on vehicles purchased new or pre-owned. The choice is up to the vehicle owner if they want to pursue their rights. Google: Ford/Mercury Paint Peeling Defects or Ford Factory Paint Defects. The information is out there.
  • nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    Interesting my neighbor has a 2007 Honda Civic SI, dark Blue. The roof is peeling like a snake already. I think that's way to early, but an 03 isn't, IMO. It's 8 years old! Paint doesn't last forever. This is another case of where some people think cars are warranteed forever, and they're not, nor were we promised that when we bought them. You agreed to a warranty period, and that's all the coverage you should get.
  • gorgegirlgorgegirl Posts: 5
    Most people like myself had the paint begin peeling long before now. In fact, the paint on the top of my 2003 is continuing to peel like a snakeskin. And, I'm going to have to get a new paint job. It started when it was 5 years old and that is too new to have paint peeling if it was painted correctly. It also appears that the paint problems begin in the same areas - around the rear door, the top between the sunroof and the windshield. Now, the entire top of my Escape is peeling. I can't afford a paint job, so I sprayed some undercoating on it to prevent it from rusting.
  • gorgegirlgorgegirl Posts: 5
    I would love to provide pictures of it. It keeps getting worse - particularly on top of my vehicle next to the sunroof as well as by the back hatch door.
    Where do I send (e-mail) them?
2»