Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti G35 Lighting

sarzsarz Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in INFINITI
i recently bought 8000k bulbs for my car i was excited about them and put them in they worked great the next day they didn't even turn on i thought the ballast burnt out, i ordered two new ballast, i put in the right ballast and it worked great and than did the same for the left i changed the ballast but it still did not work can some one help me with this? and also is there a fuse for them because i could not find a fuse for the headlights...thanks

Comments

• kb124kb124 Member Posts: 60
    Here in Illinois they have the law that requires your headlights to be on when it rains. On my former Jeep Grand Cherokee, there was a service tech option that when set would automatically turn on the headlights when the windshield wipers were turned on. I did not find anything in the owners manaul that allows such an option on the G35. Anybody know if this an option or not?
  • scottm123scottm123 Member Posts: 1,501
    I also had a 99 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited and it had an option in the settings menu to set the headlights to turn on if the wipers were turned on as well.

I have NOT found this option to be available on the G.

There are, however, very inexpensive kits available from your local auto parts stores which install easily and will automatically turn your lights on when the wipers are set to On.
    This may be your only option.
  • kb124kb124 Member Posts: 60
    Oh well. Its too bad that with all the other neat stuff on the G35, that an option like this apparently doesn't exist. I guess it is because not all states have this law.
  • zekeman1zekeman1 Member Posts: 422
    A more obvious question is why doesn't Infiniti offer daylight running lights, even as an option, which are standard on the Lexus. If you had DRL and the rain sensing windshield wipers that you get on the Lexus, you'd be set (and you'd probably get an insurance discount because the car had DRL)!
    Z
    DRL's are a personal preference.
    I don't like them, don't have a need for them, and I'm happy the G doesn't have them.
    Go into the various forums and read the numerous threads from people asking how to dismantle them.

Rain sensing wipers are another option that can be hit or miss.
    I have them in my 06 MDX and yes, I do enjoy them, but there are times where I wish I could just set them to intermittent and choose my speed.
    This is not an option.
    In the right conditions, like dusk with a light drizzle rain, rain sensing wipers are crap.
    They don't work well and you end up manually sweeping them from time to time.

I like the G the way it is.
    This is why car makers like Infiniti have to make decisions on what to include.
    The problem is, for those who wanted something and didn't get it, they just assume the manufacturer is cutting corners to save money.

Bottom line is, you can't please everyone. ;)
    If DRLs had been standard on the G, would you have still bought it?
    Z
    Of course...
    It certainly was not a buying point for me at all.

I suppose some people may consider that a buying point, and everyone has their own opinions, wants and needs.

I bought the G for it's balance of Luxury/Power/Fun Factor.
    If the Lexus IS was available in AWD without the IS250's pathetic power output, I would have bought one in April of 06.... DRLs and all.
    The G came along and offered me what the IS and Acura TL did not.

I love it. :blush:
  • richardl62richardl62 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know how to turn on the running lights? All GM vehicles and many others have them as a safety device.

On most cars it is a simple adjustment that is on all cars so they can be sold in Canada. When I had a Lexus the service department asked me if I wanted them on or off. I went with on.

I asked at my Inifinti dealer if they could turn them on for my G35 Sedan and they did not know how.

I have thought of calling a Canadian Infiniti dealer to see if they have knowledge of what to do.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Richard
    DRLs are installed on the Lexus models, so the option to enable/disable them is available.

As far as I know, and from what I have read, DRLs are not available on the Infiniti G35.

Please keep us posted if you happen to find this to be incorrect.
    You are correct, DRL's are NOT available on any Infiniti, according to my salesman.
    Z
  • billyperks1billyperks1 Member Posts: 151
    I like them, if I get the GS350 I would switch the bulbs on the DRL'S to a bright white.The ones they have now are the old yellow lights,I dont understand why lexus didnt go all out and made that XENON.
    Xenon improves driver visibility and that's not the intent of DRLs.
    DRLs keep you more visible to other people on the road.

Maybe they were thinking it was unnecessary... an additional cost, and more out of the owner's pocket when it came time to replace them. :confuse:
  • billyperks1billyperks1 Member Posts: 151
    Then the xenons would make you a bulls eye target, I have seen a few Lexus owners making the switch to the bright whites and it looks really clean and modern.
  • treggytreggy Member Posts: 1
    I just imported an Infiniti G35 from US to Canada. In order to pass inspection, I need Daytime running lights. Does anyone know how to do this while not voiding the warranty?
  • rcw1202rcw1202 Member Posts: 1
    Is anyone else having a problem with their third brake light? Mine would dim (I have a 2003), then work fine, but now just stays dim.
    Second question... does anyone know how I can find the steps to replace the LED assembly myself? I understand the sedan is difficult compared to the coupe. It would be an expensive fix if I take it to the dealer. Someone mentioned the rear seat needs to come out, but I'd need direction to do that as well. I'm pretty handy and can do just about any repair with good directions.

Thanks.
    Rob
  • cheerioboy26cheerioboy26 Member Posts: 412
    My 3rd brake light was replaced by my dealer under warranty, but it was some time ago - maybe 2004. I've owned by 2003 sedan since 6/02.
    Most auto stores here in the US sell aftermarket systems that turn the headlights on with the ignition... and they are not known for voiding any warranties.
    That may be your best bet.
  • 7211232772112327 Member Posts: 3
    I have asked the same question regarding the DRL as I am soon about to purchase a G35X to import a G35 back to Canada. Apparently, there is a kit for $380 Cdn available at the dealerships in Canada. This info came from the Infiniti dealership in Richmond, VA
  • 7211232772112327 Member Posts: 3
    Treggy,
    A bit off topic but can you tell me if you paid duty charges based on the price you paid for the car in US Dollars or the Canadian value of the car? Thanks,

Ron
  • blackcat11blackcat11 Member Posts: 1
    Hey Treggy,

I just bought a 2008 G35 and am bringing it to Vancouver this week, did you have any luck with the DRL's? I was quoted $700 by Infiniti in Seattle. That seems a little steep.
    I believe the Canadian models are nothing more than models with fog lights that are on when the headlights are off.
    Why not just have a switch installed to run the fogs when the headlights are off?
    That's gotta be way cheaper than $700.
    In fact, it sounds like a fairly easy Sunday morning project at home.
  • larrycatlarrycat Member Posts: 1
    Hi Blackcat11,

Could you please let me know the details of how you brought back your G35 back to Vancouver. I am planning to do the same. Appreciate if you could tell me approximate savings, thanks.
  • george113george113 Member Posts: 2
    Just bought a G35x from the States to Calgary and Cdn Tire does not do DRL's Does anyone know who does....ALSO FYI i had to pay duty at the border after I was told that it was Manufactured in the US.....This was not true and the savings and headaches is not worth importing this vehicle......
    Please help!
  • rungymrungym Member Posts: 1
    yes there is available at canadian tire but installation is hard does anyone have any input
  • norel1norel1 Member Posts: 1
    I recently noticed that the LED center stop light had stopped working. I determined that power was reaching it and even attempted to remove it, but gave up because of having to remove so many hard to reach things behind the rear seatback, including seatbelts and package shelf covering, etc. I used my shop manual but I still ran into problems. There seemed to be a discrepancy in the instructions.
    I checked with my dealer about a replacement lite unit and they said it was close to $300. The dealer will do the whole job for around $550.
    Has anyone else had to deal with this problem?
    No way will I spend $550 hard earned dollars for this item. I may try to fit some other kind of unit into it and see how that works.
  • cheerioboy26cheerioboy26 Member Posts: 412
    I had the same problem, mine was replaced under warranty, probably in 2004.
  • smarty666smarty666 Member Posts: 1,503
    I was hoping someone with a G37 sedan or coupe could tell me, are the homelink buttons on the rearview mirror or the moonroof switches on the ceiling lit in blue at night when the headlights come on? I'm just curious because my 2010 Maxima doesn't have any of the buttons lit at night when the xenon's come on and I would of figured by now that Infiniti and Nissan would have them lit up because the homelink is a pain in the butt to find at night; the only thing that helps is the green light from the auto-dimming feature in the rear-view mirror so that I know a home-link button is on each side of the green light; I hope Nissan/Infiniti will get these illuminated, especially the homelink buttons because Honda, Acura, Audi, and Lexus all have it
This discussion has been closed.