Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2010 Toyota 4Runner redesign

Comments

• where did you here BWM was offering a $4,500 rebate for the 2010 X5?
  • nedzelnedzel Posts: 787
    Unfortunately, the rumor that I'm hearing is that the while the Limited version will have full-time 4WD with a Torsen center diff, it won't be lockable and there won't be a low-range. The other trim lines get a low range, but no Torsen center diff, and thus can't be used in 4WD on dry pavement.

Is anyone able to confirm that? If so, that would be a huge disappointment to me.
  • Enjoy...found this on-line about 10 min ago

I'm sold. I will be putting in an order for the shorline blue trail grade as soon as I can.

http://blogs.edmunds.com/straightline/2009/09/full-test-2010-toyota-4runner-trai- l-grade.html
  • tangmantangman Posts: 127
    The Edmund Link for the full review is bad. I guess we will find the full scoop today or tomorrow with the full release at the Texas State Fair. Hopefully, there will be alot more pictures beyond the limited for the interior. Some post referrence prices and gas milage. Where is that info posted?
  • http://www.trucktrend.com/roadtests/suv/163_0909_2010_toyota_4runner_trail_editi- on/index.html

have to admit this silver trail edition looks way better in pics than the royal blue and white limited photos!
  • More on the trail version. Looks great in silver too. Can't wait to test drive one in person.

http://www.trucktrend.com/roadtests/suv/163_0909_2010_toyota_4runner_trail_editi- on/engine_and_performace_specs.html
  • http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Content/Vehicles/2009/X5/xDrive35d/SpecialOffers.- aspx

5.9% Annual Percentage Rate Offer. Now for a limited time includes a $4,500 Eco Credit.
    Qualified customers only. Available at participating BMW centers through BMW Financial Services NA, LLC. Applies only to specific models and only for specific model years. 5.9% APR available through 11/02/2009. $19.29 per $1,000. Subject to credit approval. See participating BMW center for details and vehicle availability.

Eco Credit is a $4,500 credit against the MSRP of the final purchase of the 335d and X5 xDrive35d Advanced Diesel through 11/02/2009.
    Looking at the pictures of the Ltd edition that Toyota released today, the Ltd edition will still have a locking center diff and there will be a low range.
  • Edmunds just posted their 2010 review. Other than a limited slip differential, I see no improvement. There will be no V8, the I4 is standard on SR5 models which I'm forced to buy because Toyota is too stupid to sell higher end models without a sunroof, and the window and 4wd controls are poorly placed.

As a current generation 4Runner owner, I doubt I'd buy another.
  • HI:

I realy hate the Trail edition look and at the same time I really love the its off road capability. As hunter and currently owning a 1993 4runner sine brand new, I have gone places where others commanly don't dare.

I would have prfered a Trail edition with SR5 look or limited inside and outside look. The Limited is only offered as AWD,

Would AWD have a center Diff lock? If so, my gues would be that it would be off road capable as well. I do relaze that it would not be a rock climer but would it be good enogh for hunting adentyres (moose, dear, VERY muddy farms, etc). The limited also have a 20" wheels.

ALL comments and advise are appreciated.
  • tangmantangman Posts: 127
    Hopefully the trail will offer color keyed fender flares and bumper option for those who have a spouse as part of the decision. And has anyone seen the 2010 pricing.
    "Would AWD have a center Diff lock? If so, my gues would be that it would be off road capable as well. I do relaze that it would not be a rock climer but would it be good enogh for hunting adentyres (moose, dear, VERY muddy farms, etc). The limited also have a 20" wheels. "

Yes, the Limited comes with a center diff lock. Go here: http://pressroom.toyota.com/pr/tms/toyota/photo.aspx?ncid=11092

Select the album for the Limited Edition. Go to image 37, and you'll see this:

It has three modes -- 4 hi range, with the center diff unlocked (H4F), 4 hi range with the center diff locked (H4L), and 4 low range with the center diff locked (L4L).

For offroad use, you'll need to replace the wheels and tires. 20" wheels suck offroad. If you do that, it will probably be fine for your use offroad.

It won't come with the offroad goodies on the Trail Edition, including KDSS, craw control, and the modified settings for the ATRACS system. Of those, the only one that is particularly important in my opinion is KDSS. KDSS disconnects the sway bars at low speed, allowing the suspension to flex more.
  • Hi Nedzel:

Thanks for the info.

I really don’t know enough about the electronic 4x4 features with different setting of traction in compression with a locked 4L found in Limited.

The dislike on the Trail is not just the color. The rear bumper is nearly absent and looks out of place. Front under body spoiler of 2-3” does not reduce Clarence, but rather covering the guts. Also, deleted running board again exposes the under body for the advantage of couple of inches. I have hit my running board many times and rather have them there than hitting my door. The scoop is not functional and there only for the look. The roof rack does not add any extra functionality.

All and all, it is a personal taste and it is not for me.

Wrt tire, the walls are the issue. The 20” doesn’t appear to be very low but not high enough either. Could I simply swap them for a descent off road tire. I usually use Michelin LTX M/S?
  • It looks like they kept the same basic body style except gave it some broader fender bulges. That is how I assume they made it bigger. I was thinking about buying a GMC Acadia because I like the size, but I may hold off.
    I would like to stick to a Toyota but the current 4Runner just isn't big enough for me.
    I would probably go for the SR5 model. I currently have a 1997 with 136K and I still love it. I would probably keep it and buy a new one.

The current 4Runner is actually smaller in cargo space than my 97. And comparing the cargo size of the 97 to the 2010 it is finally making sence.

1997 4Runner
    Total Cago Volume = 79.8
    2nd row seats up = 44.6

2010 4Runner
    Total Volume = 89.7
    2nd row seats up = 47.2
  • I think Toyota deleted the running boards so that rock sliders could be installed, but didn't have production sliders ready for the Sept 24 introduction. Here are a few pics of the Trail grade T4R with sliders on the Rubicon Trail where the teaser photo was shot. I think they just slapped on the sliders from the FJ Cruiser since they look a little short on the 4Runner.

http://www.toyota-4runner.org/showpost.php?p=453521&postcount=15

Also, the Limited will not come with an electonic locker for the rear differential like the one available on the Trail grade. But if you're in Canada (since you posted the Canadian Ordering Guide PDF) you might be able to get some options on the Limited that aren't available in the states. For instance all Canadian 4Runners will get full-time 4WD, while only the Limited gets full-time 4WD in the USA.

http://www.toyota-4runner.org/showthread.php?t=55272
  • Thanks sevn007,

this very helpful. I will certainly not order one till I see it now.

The pick and features are somewhat different from US to Canadian version. Running board, AWD, engine and etc.

It appears I will be opting for the SR5 Upgarde or a Limited. I still whish I could have had the Trail with the regular look.

Thanks again,

r.
  • Hey everyone - I am new to this forum but I had to post this link. I just found videos from ToyotaUSA just added on youtube. They have a video for just about every feature of the new truck and the best thing about it is it is direct from Toyota and should clear up any rumors.

Have fun!!

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ToyotaUSA&view=videos