Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2010 Toyota 4Runner redesign

Comments

• The 2010 4Runner owner's manual specifies a 2000lb. towing limit without adding a sway bar(WDH). Would towing a 4000lb bass boat without the added sway bar void the warranty?
  • It's the tongue weight as well as the total weight?. What is the tongue weight (i.e.) the force on the front of the trailer hitch puts on the ball of the tow vehicle?

This has to be specified somewhere as well.

BTW-if you can afford the boat you can almost certainly afford the hitch. Do a search on google for an "Equalizer Brand" WDH.
  • Any one seen the Trail edition available at the dealer?
    Non in CA seems to have one.
  • agnostoagnosto Posts: 205
    Does anyone know if the 2010 Toyota 4Runner SR5 has an oil filter or a canister with element for oil change(s)? Thanks.
  • tangmantangman Posts: 127
    This is coming from a 2004 Sport V8 owner, so keep that in mind. Drove a Limited today. The exterior looked better than expected, actually slightly larger, the interior slightly less so. I thought it was actually noiser than my 2004 sport v8, and clearly did not have the same power. Lots of very nice gadgets. Did not like the slide out tray in back since it probably takes away at least a cubic foot of space. Could not find the oil filter. The dealer told me you now need a special oil filter wrench. Yes, the new announced Lexus GX has all the goodies V8 and 6 spd trans for another $20K. It misses the mark for me, and when you look at all the items deleted from the 2009, you will realize that is trinket driven (tailgate speaker switch) and misses on the core items (V8, 6spd).
  • agnostoagnosto Posts: 205
    I agree with you as I used to have a 2006 V8 4Runner 4WD and definitely when I drove the new 2010 V6 4Runner 4X2 it has less power/torque compared to the V8 (was not even a 4X4 the 2010 4Runner I drove). Also, I called Toyota customer service and found out that the 2010 4Runner has indeed a canister with an element for oil filter change. Although the canister it might be a better oil filtration for the engine it is more complicated than a normal oil filter to change and that makes it easier for me to start looking for the 2010 Subaru Outback which I plan to purchase one in the near future.
  • Just joining this forum.
    very interesting comments . I went through all of them because I'm really interested to buy the new 4runner. Live in Montreal,Canada and the 5th gen is not yet avail. here but should be soon . Driving SUV since many years and want to trade my 05-Pathfinder. Will be my first toyota experience . technically speaking I believe it is a good pick despite some minor irritants. My Path has almost the same HP and torque(V6) and never had problems towing my 3000pound boat however it is consuming much more than what toyota said about the 4runner. any real life experience from new owners about driving experience, torque and MPG ?
    don't want to hear that you are missing the V8..it is not and will not be there ..
  • embryoembryo Posts: 22
    i purchased an sr5 a couple of weeks ago and though i havent calculated mpg so far it seems the same as my previous 06 4runner with v6. As far as torque goes, the engine feels the same as the old one. i did not have any issues with power in my previous 06. the only difference i have noticed is this one feels a little bigger than the last one when driving and in fact i believe it is a little bigger. i loved my 06 runner and so far feel the same way about my 2010. i will post mpg the next time i fill my tank...sorry i just filled it yesterday and did not record mileage.
  • yassyyassy Posts: 70
    actually there are several toyota vehicles using this oil canister , including highlander. I actually think its the same number of steps and better. Eliminates the oil pan and makes draining easier, and one less point of leakage that may happen. Not to mention less waste (no metal to throw away).
  • Getting 21mpg overall 50/50 by computer.
    My computer is showing 19.8 and I am mostly city 70/30. And the 30 highway is rush hour in Atlanta so it's stop and go. Impressive if it's accurate.
  • I just received a message from a local dealership that the 2010 4Runner will be here in the Vancouver, BC area on December 12th. I'm looking forward to seeing it in person.
  • this is clearly a toyota corporate troll… if you're going to pollute the thread, at least keep from making it so flipping OBVIOUS!! *rolls eyes*
  • yassyyassy Posts: 70
    so far the 2 reviews on edmunds by consumers pretty useless imho.

http://www.edmunds.com/toyota/4runner/2010/consumerreview.html
  • tangmantangman Posts: 127
    Based on the lack of traffic on this board, I assume that the interest or satisfaction is weak. Current feedback is subjective. I too would like to see real gas milage numbers (calculated by miles driven divided by gallons), not just the computer number. There appears to be quite a few of them out there (some dealers have 5 or more), yet feedback appears lacking from the new buyers whom I would think would be excited to share their experience with their new toy.
  • Those of us with previous generation w/the V8 are beyond disappointed! This things are 41K and you can't get one with the V8. The styling, while better in person than pictures, is not the greatest!
    2009 v6 limiteds were 41k as well
  • I picked up my 4Runner Limited yesterday. It is freezing here this week. I pointed the remote starter out the office window at the car and followed the starting sequence -- nothing! The dealer tells me that the system is good to 100 feet -- useless. An aftermarket replacement of the unit is over $700.

What a POS! The aftermarket system on my old car was good to 600 feet.
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    my old car was good to 600 feet.

I'm just curious but why would you want to start your car from 200 yards away?

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Calculated 20.8 vs. 21.4 computer 50/50 on my second tank. Based on 422 miles driven.