Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2010 Toyota 4Runner redesign

Comments

• embryoembryo Posts: 22
    i 2nd that. I am in a suburb of atlanta and love my 10 sr5. traded in my 06 on one back in november. they are moving well here too. i have paid attention to the stock at several of the toyota dealers and they are not stale by any means.
    i'm not sure this is legal but those that think there is a lack of interest need to check out http://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs-its-finally-here/ and hear from those that have purchased the new model. you may be surprised if all you have seen is a lot of the negativity on this board.
  • to be fair it's not universally positive on that forum, either.
  • kennynmdkennynmd Posts: 424
    I'm in the same boat here.I don't go off road or tow so the V6 is plenty but I can't seem to find a reason to why this doesn't have running boards? I don't need them for myself but having 2 kids ages 4 and 6, the running boards are a must. Maybe some aftermaket company is designing them now. Also. 3rd. row seat is a special order. I've never done a special order on any car, but I want to see what I am getting right away. I'm currently waiting on what Nissan will do with their Pathfinder.
  • I have ordered a new black limited 4runner with everything on it two weeks ago. I have checked several auto body stores in my area to install a brush guard and window/rain guards on the vehicle when it arrives and was told it will be 2-3 months before they have the new designs are in fabrication. It was Aries and Westin. So you will be looking at late Feb. or March before anything comes for sale.

As far as considering other vehicles, I have test driven everything from x5, ml 350, MDX's, new and used and this vehicle is right up there with them. Not quite as refined, but just as capable and 15-25K less. The only way this vehicle gets beat is when someone finally comes out with a fuel efficient diesel, like the ML 350CDI or VW TDI. Even then it takes a lot of fuel to make up for the additional cost.
    you are correct, but most of the negative comments are from those that have not purchased and driven one. a lot are discouraged about the lack of a v8 and rear locking diff change, which is understandable. i'm one of the suburbanite dads that occasionally goes off road for camping and fishing etc. so its not an issue for me. i just wanted to let those that are interested in comments from current owners of the 2010 4runner know about the other forum.
  • Is there anything that is "universally positive"? Not likely. :shades:

I thought this consumer review on Edmunds for the '10 4Runner was rather definitive for many long-term 4Runner fans: "...Don't think any vehicle will ever look as good as 3rd gen 4Runner, but this one is pretty close...."

For me... the 2010 4 Runner is frickin excellent - inside and out.

Replying to: embryo (Jan 07, 2010 11:43 am)
    to be fair it's not universally positive on that forum, either.
  • warrebwarreb Posts: 20
    Surprise! I got a call yesterday that the running boards are in and ready to install. The dealer is Scott Clark Toyota of Matthews, NC.
  • kennynmdkennynmd Posts: 424
    Are these from an aftermarket company? I thought Toyota didn't make them for this vehicle.
    Dealer claims "they match the 4Runner trim" and implies they are a Toyota dealer installed option, like the roof rack cross bars. Haven't seen them yet.
    i hear they make minivans and crossovers for the faint hearted.
  • pjc1pjc1 Posts: 72
    Toyota will not be making running boards for this vehicle according to their customer service group. I do believe that aftermarket will be ready in about 2 to 3 months per my chats with a couple after market companies.

No mud flaps either..dang

Cant wait. Front wheeels kick up a lot of mud and slush on the rocker panels and dirty my dress and hunting trousers when I get in and out!!!!
  • pjc1pjc1 Posts: 72
    hey thanks... this thing needs them badly and quick
  • Hry Guys:

All Canadian version of 2010 4Runners come with running board. They look identical to FJ running boards (my brother has one). I think they are installing the same one. After all they share the same platform. If not, call Toyota canada toll free.
  • c120c120 Posts: 1
    I bought a 2010 4Runner Limited last week in Mississippi. They could not get running boards for me (Mississippi Toyota dealers order their car and parts inventory from Gulf States Toyota, one of the two remaining Toyota Distributors). I checked locally here in Mobile, AL (Alabama Toyota dealers order their car and parts inventory from Southeast Toyota, the other remaining Toyota distributor). One local dealer had running boards in stock and the other local dealer order a set for me on Monday. They arrived Friday and I had them installed on Saturday morning. They look fantastic, with chrome trim that matches nicely with the chrome trim of the Limited edition 4Runner. Any Toyota dealer in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina or North Caroline should be able to get these for you. The part number is 00016-89035. I paid $345 for them plus installation. Hope this helps everyone.
  • Actually, that is a very good rating for a vehicle in this class. It is about midpack for SUVs overall, which is impressive given that the 4Runner is an offroad capable truck-based model, as opposed to a pavement-only unibody (now the majority of the SUIV class). If you don't need offroad capability, then there are some (but not all) crossovers and many wagons that would be a better choice.
  • nets46nets46 Posts: 6
    Great.
    I understand that the Navi is a must if you get the KDSS.
    What price did you get it for?
    There are non in CA; still waiting.
  • Can someone please give their opinion on the third row of the 2010 4Runner, for instance, its too tight, impossible to get to, pointless?

For instance, on the 2010 RAV4 third row it looks like Toyota moves the second row up, making all back rows miserable.

Looks like Chicagoland won't get 4Runners with third row.

Looking at Pilot, Outback, HL, Venza or 4Runner to replace the 2002 Forester because its getting tight with three kids. The other vehicle is a 2009 Sienna.
    We just traded a 2004 4Runner with the third row seats and 147,000 mi. They were used twice during that time! Quite uncomfortable, ill-suited for long trips and a hassle to get in and out of. Before purchasing our 2010 4Runner, we checked out the 3rd row seats; they are a bit better designed but still not great; so we elected to forego them this time. While looking, we also examined the third row in the Highlander. There, the seat comfort and entry is better yet, but still nowhere near the pleasantness of the big-three American vans of the 1980s.