Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Highlander Cargo Carrier

derekgaddyderekgaddy Posts: 32
edited March 2014 in Toyota
Does anyone have a hard cover cargo carrier? I'm researching carriers and would appreciate any input -- thx. I own a 2003 AWD Limited.

• webgoodwebgood Posts: 95
    I've used a Thule on our '04 V6 AWD. It does noticeably reduce your highway fuel mileage, can't give you an exact figure but from what I recall it was one or two MPG. It's been a great alternative for extra storage, particularly of light-weight bulky 'stuff'.
  • derekgaddyderekgaddy Posts: 32
    Thx for the reply. Can you tell me what Thule model you have and is there much noise from the carrier while driving?
  • webgoodwebgood Posts: 95
    Sorry, just saw your message and had to do some digging. We have a Cascade 1500. The size and dimensions were just right...69" long, 32 wide and 16.5 tall. The other Cascades were too long in my view at around 90". I do not recall there being any problem with increased noise; it might be that I'm too excited when going on vacation to really notice. I mount it as far back as I can on the roof racks so that it doesn't interfere with the lift gate when open. It looks good on the HL, too.
This discussion has been closed.
Toyota Highlander Cargo Carrier - Car Forums at