Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler Concorde Electrical Issues

Comments

• bluelisabluelisa Posts: 1
    Help, My 2001 chrysler concorde gas gauge flashes empty to full, empty to full as I am driving. Sent it to the shop, and they could not reproduce it, Then the car started to jerk, it cost me 500$ for some kind of "timing device" and the car still flashes empty full while I am driving with a full tank... HELP can't afford more repairs, but want to know, is this safe? Can I fix this myself with some sort of fuse? Desperately seeking answers
  • long story short, no fuel pressure, found half of fuses without voltage until I wiggle the steering wheel. Then the gages, blower motor, fuel pump start working until the steering wheel (column) is moved again and looses voltage. what could be causing this?
  • jacek3jacek3 Posts: 2
    I have a second hand 96 Concorde LXi - bought 3.5 years ago from retired couple at 46 000 km, right now it has 78 000 km - mechanically sound but electrically rather a lemon.

To make the story not too long - right now the overhead console temperature display behaves not very well. Most of the time it takes about 10 min. of driving before it "catches up" to the outside temperature. But some time it's even more weird - today in the underground garage it was showing 17 C, almost immediately after leaving garage jumped to 20 C though I felt that it still was NOT right (it felt more like around 25 C). Than after about another 10 min. of driving it jumped to 24 C (which is about right). The Automatic Temperature Control was OFF all the time.

I have observed this strange behavior for about 6 past months. What worries me most is that ATS sensor also probably "talks" to the main computer (via Body Control Module, BCM) that controls A/C and once A/C gets turned on the things may really get out of hand.

Any clues what causes the problem ? Is it the ATM or BCM ? I have replaced the main computer (Power Control Module) about 3 years ago.
  • jacek3jacek3 Posts: 2
    Just to continue on my previous message - the Automatic Temperature Control unit does NOT show any error codes (after setting temperature to 75 F and pushing and holding pressed 3 control buttons till the display flashes)
  • descottdescott Posts: 1
    Hi I am having the same exact problem. It started two day ago. Did you find
    our what is causing the problem? What did you do to fix it?
  • I am having gremlins as well on my 1998 concorde. Three months ago my lights would not go off exterior and interior, ran the battery down. Recharged it..then my door locks pop up and down the entire time motor is running. Now battery light comes on and dings. I have no idea whats up. I am changing battery today. Any thoughts?
  • r2d8r2d8 Posts: 2
    I finally traded my 1998 Chrysler Concorde in on another vehicle. All the gauges began to mal function, I had no reading on temp, speedometer, odometer, gas, or RPM. I tried to get the problem fixed but the problem could not be found without putting the car in the shop for several days so the tech could try to locate the problem, which, as you know, could amount to several hundreds of dollars, and I was told there was no guarantee they could find the problem.
    In the odometer window the code noBus was visible. I was told all that meant was there was a loose connection between the two computers. Grimlins? you bet because when the gauges were working the check engine light would stay on, when they were not working, all the dash lights would be on as well.
    I dumped that grimlin infested car for good.
  • Well I had my battery changed..door locks stopped popping FOR NOW. but in the past they periodically stopped for a few days only to return later.. Wish me luck.
  • I am having the sane problem as a couple others...I have a 2002 Concorde & the airbag light comes on sometimes, when it does the turn signals don't work, the windows won't roll up or down & the heater blower won't run. I haven't read anyone that actually posted a fix for this. I can move or wiggle the key & it stops for a while, but returns unexpectidly. I replaced the ignition tumbler & that didn't fix it!

Anyone ever fix this problem?????

Please someone HELP?
    This is driving me nuts!

thanx - Bob
  • palhal1palhal1 Posts: 2
    I have a '99 Concorde LXi I bought new. It now has only 54,000 miles on it. About a month ago the engine stalled. Restarted and stalled again. Towed to local garage. Diagnosed as Crankshaft Positoning Sensor and replaced. 5 days later it stalled again. Local garage couldn't solve problem. Hat it towed to a dealer. It has been there for 2 weeks. They say a short is causing the ASD Relay to trip which can cause the engine to stall. They opened the wiring harness but said the short was not pulling enough ohms to cause the relay to trip. A couple of days age they mentioned a 'Intake Plenum', whatever that is. I am pulling my hair.
  • Yes I ran across this also, I found the electrical connection at the ignition switch was loose. All I did was tighten each connector & problem fixed. Very easy.
    Ken
  • palhal1palhal1 Posts: 2
    Ken,
    My goodness. If this turns out to fix my problem, you will be designated as a bona-fide saint. I will take this to the dealer first thing Monday morning. I was ready to start car shopping for another car (not my first choise to do).
    Thank you for your input.
    Hal
  • darnetta1darnetta1 Posts: 2
    Hal, did what Ken said work?
    I have a 98 Concorde, my ABS light came on Monday, with that my windows became stuck in the up position, turn signals won't work and my AC/heat won't come on. It's well in the 90's here and this is my only vehicle. It takes me 7 minutes to get to work and I feel like I'm going to pass out everyday while on my way in since the internal temp is so high. I've been walking everywhere else. I've heard it could also be the fuse board, whatever that is. Please answer, thanks
    D
  • the problem, for a few weeks I was having my car not turn over when I would turn the ignition but when that would happen I would just turn the key over and over and after a few turns it would start but this was intermittent.
    Recently I was driving and had the ABS light TRAK OFF light and sortly after the battery light came on also and I noticed that when to much power was being drawn it was having an affect on the other electrical stuff. the dash lights flicked and the radio would turn off and on the computer display by the rear view mirror would light up like at car starts and then turn to its display and this would happen about the same time as the radio would I later just turned off the radio.
    I removed the alternator and had it checked and was told it was good, battery tested out good also.
    was told that the problem could be my alternator relay because it is not located on my alternator or maybe my ECU
    jumped car to move car then jumped car again and drive to town, no change same as before. but also had car try and have power cut out on me twice, then a few miles later power cut out. battery acted dead anuff that it didn't want to charge or I just did not give it time anuff for it to charge. car now has all lights in dash light up and flicker then go normal after after a few seconds, when key is turned lights flicker off will not start also.
    would appreciate any help anyone can give,
    John
  • I'm having the same problem and just starting to look in to it. I was wondering if you had it fixed or did you get a new car, But it looks like I will be spending the day...week...or year looking for the issue wish me luck.
  • cgreenficgreenfi Posts: 1
    I recently started having the same issue with my '01 Concorde, but it only happens when the car's sitting out in the heat for a very long time (6-9 hrs). Airbag light goes on, directionals won't work, windows won't roll up or down, and the AC blower won't run! Impossible to drive when it's 95 outside and about 120 in the car! Normally, I can drive about 15 feet, turn key to off, restart and it will then work. Some days it takes a few tries, but today, after about 15 minutes of driving in the parking lot, I gave up. Luckily I left each window down about an inch, so I survived. Drove about 10 miles, when I came to a red light, I turned the car off and back on, and it worked! Wasn't happening when I got oil change, so mechanic couldn't check it out! Hoping to replace this car soon (157k miles), but not today! Any ideas other than waiting for a cool front?
  • darnetta1darnetta1 Posts: 2
    What the problem for me ended up being was the ignition switch. Initially my brother went to the junk yard and found a car like mine and changed the part where the key goes in to start the car. (making me need a key for my doors, another to start) It seemed to work but only for a short time. I finally took it to Midas and it was the actual switch, which had that been done first I wouldn't have needed the extra key. Weird, something like that would disable windows and ac. That car caught fire, (diff issue) and I now have a new one
  • tonya9tonya9 Posts: 2
    We are having the same problem with our 98'concorde. Anything and everything that could be replaced on this car, has been replaced. Now recently.. The battery light came on, then went off, and now is back on. As my husband was driving down the hi-way, the darn thing dropped down 3 gears and shut off on him.I know this dumb car has electrical problems, but we are really hoping it is just the alternator. We have a extra battery inside for back up. been having starting problems for a while now. It would run great, then you stop and turn off car and then nothing. wont start. so sick of this car.. :mad: never again will I buy a chrysler!!! So many problems all the time, and this is just to name one of the MANY problems we have had with this car since day one.. husband got so fed up, he went out and bought a new car that day... :)
  • tonya9tonya9 Posts: 2
    :lemon: :lemon: :lemon: :lemon: :lemon: 98' CHRYSLER CONCORDE 2.7 L engine
  • jsigjsig Posts: 1
    1999 Chrysler Concorde draw on the battery from fuse 7 and 19. what can i do to fix this. the fuses are for (fuse#7) illum lamps/part lamps.and (fuse#19) lnterior lamps. i have gone thru everthing in side for the car and unhooked all for lights but its still there