Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Colorado and GMC Canyon - V8 for 2008

Comments

• poncho167poncho167 Posts: 1,178
    "you seem to know a lot I love chevy colorado but dont have a clue!!!"

I don't see myself getting huffy as you say, I put it quite simple.

Well if you think this is a normal response to someone's simple reply, you obviously either missed this, or you fall into the same catagory and need to re-evaluate general rules and policies of internet posting.
  • dmathews3dmathews3 Posts: 1,739
    I also don't get it. "You seem to know a lot." Sounds like he is giving you a big pat on the back. Then he goes on to say he loves the Colorado but doesn't have a clue when the next big change is. I don't see what he did to get you all wound up. If anything you are the one in the wrong.
  • Thanx for the offer.I'll wait for my local dealer to get them in stock.That will probably be in late 08,or early 09.The two different diesel options you mentioned might not even be available here in the states,at all.Ideally,I would love a big 4 (3.0L)or a v-6 option.5 speed auto would be great too,a 6 speed auto would be mo betta!! I really like the Colorado.The size is right,the G-80 locker is awesome,and I like the styling.A diesel option,and a better interior would go a long way to improve it.
  • lglezlglez Posts: 5
    I AM SORRY!!! :( YOU GOT ME ALL WRONG...WHAT I TRIED TO SAY ITS THAT I LOVE THE COLORADO AND I WANT TO GET ONE BUT PEOPLE TELL THAT EVERY 5 YEARS THE MODEL OR STYLE CHANGES SO IN 2009 WILL BE 5 YEARS WITH THE SAME STYLE...AND SINCE I WAS PLANNING TO BUY A 2008 COLORADO I DONT WANT TO HAVE TO CHANGE IT IN 2009...MY QUESTION WAS THAT IF YOU KNOW WHEN IS THE STYLE OR MODEL CHANGING?...BECAUSE I DONT HAVE A CLUE OR I DONT KNOW WHERE TO LOOK FOR THE ANSWER TO MY QUESTION!!! I DIDNT WANT TO OFFEND ANY ONE!!! :D
  • Takes all kinds doesn't it poncho167?
    There is aways a sore a$$ in every crowd.
    Sorry Iglez, I just read it wrong. I haven't looked recently but there is probably other information on google or elsewhere. I got my info. on autob--g.com.
    helloo!!!!.............who knows when the chevy colorado will be restyle????....please if someone has this info i will apreciate it :shades: thanks!!!!!
    and the colorado v8??.........in the chevrolet.com site worldwide venezuela and colombia theres a LUV D-max...is this the future colorado???? :confuse:
    I just saw on an auto news website that the V8 model is going to be delayed one year until 2009. I don't know if it will be a 2009 model or come out in 2009.
  • I wonder what the delay could be.The engine has been around for years.The computer management system too.Did they say anything about the diesel thats supposed to be coming in 09?
    No the article was just about the V8. The 5.3L engine is used in a lot of vehicles so my thoughts were of a manufacturing shortage because its also used by Isuzu and some other foreign companies as well. GM outsources Honda's 3.5L V6 for the Vue until they had enough of their own 3.6L engines to replace it.

I am not aware of a Colorado diesel other than in other countries. GM's new Duratec 4.6L or whatever size diesel it is is for the full-sized trucks and utilities as far as I know.
    OOHH OK THANKS FOR THE INFO... ON THE V8 ..... BUT THERES NO NEWS ABOUT WHEN THE COLORADO IS GETTING RESTYLE...... I HAVE LOOKED EVERYWHERE POSSIBLE AND NOTHING...... :confuse: ... SOME SAY IT WILL BE IN 2010 ... !!!
  • Oh well,they will get it together eventually.GM will be coming out with a diesel version of the Colorado for the USA,just don't know when.Whoever comes out with a small diesel truck will basicly own the truck sales here,for years.I get a big discount with Ford(X-Plan),but I really like the Colorado better then the Ranger,so I bought one.My next truck,I would like it to be the diesel version of the Colorado,but whoever comes out with a small 4X4 diesel,will have my bidness.Happy Thanksgiving everyone
  • If you guys read my posts from day one, you will see that propane is a much beter option as any of the existing gasoline engines can be converted aftermarket.
    There are no savings for diesel fuel when compared to the pump price of propane, performance and government tax breaks bot federal and state or province.
    Diesel fuel 20 years ago was half the price of gasoline but now it cost more. A LPG fueld engine will last longer than a diesel with less wear, cleaner emissions, less maintence and significantly less cost per mile to operate.
    Any person who thinks diesel is better is blowing smoke and when you have driven commercial cars and trucks on both fuels totaling 1/1/2 million miles, then you are qualified to disagree with me. I have used LPG for 26 years as of 2008 in cars and trucks and fleet discounts off pump prices are significant. Most trucking compnaies used to get significant diesel fuel discounts from the majors but that was then and this is 2008. The old is dead, desisted, gone, expired, DOA, and non existant, just like that damm MP parrot. Wake up guys and smell the coffee, OPEC does not control LPG but they do control gasoline and diesel fuel prices. How do we let Mexico stay part of NAFTA when they are full members of OPEC?
    LPG is supplied by more than the majors and therefore thy lost control of it 35 years ago. They used to give it away free in Alberta 30 years ago because it costs money to store it for long periods.
    Propane is 105 octane and we all know how well the engines run today with high octane gasoline and the computer knock sensors. They produce 2% more power than gasoline with the latest port fuel injection systems and loose about 10% MPG due to the much lower BTU of propane. Trust me, when you you see the engine oil stay clean for 3,000 miles on LPG, theyyou cnnot compae diesel oil which turns dark within about 100 miles.
    Diesel fumes cause brain cancer which causes dementia so i expect you all to yell at me....lol Go ahead and yell, you may wake yourselves up...lol
  • I have experience in diesels pal.I drove long haul for years pulling double tankers.In short,it ain't my first rodeo.I also have a diesel tractor weighing in at a bit over 2 1/2 tons that I need to haul to jobs locally.In the long run,I doubt the engine running on propane would last.It is still a frail GAS engine despite the conversion.Gas engines just aren't built with strong enough parts to haul heavy loads on a daily basis.Yes,propane is cheaper,but not by much here.I would rather run b-50 or higher biodiesel.
  • I agree that Propane would be a better way for us to go for the the vehicles that most consumers drive.
    Let the big rigs stay with diesel where it belongs and or other heavy duty uses.
  • KCRam@EdmundsKCRam@Edmunds Mt. Arlington NJPosts: 3,496
    this discussion is about V8s in the Colorado and Canyon. Thanks!

kcram - Pickups Host

KCRam - Pickups/Wagons/Vans+Minivans Moderator

• jsouthjsouth Posts: 13
    I heard that the V8 would be in the 2008 in March but now someone said it would be 2009, I guess you can hear anything. We will just have to wait and see or if anyone else knows out there please tell us.
    Hank Hill will definately support you on that propane fuel.
  • Has anyone even seen the V-8 Colorado yet? Last I checked,the I-5 is still the biggest engine option.
    -greenjeans
This discussion has been closed.