Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Impala Coolant System

2»

Comments

• My 2004 Impala began overheating and blowing cold air through the heater on January 2, 2013.
    I had the auto shop drain and flush the system and replace the thermostat. The system will reach the red zone after a few minutes of operation and blow cold air, then it will cool itself off to normal range. Sometimes it will blow cold air and sometimes it will blow hot air. It seems to lose power when it passes the red zone, but the power comes back when it cools off a little. Drove it for two hours last night with heat in the cab, but it blew cold air and overheated when I entered town. The mechanic wants to replace the head gasket at a $1000. I am not losing any coolant so I'm not sure it is a head gasket. The system has been bled by the mechanic and the dealership at least a dozen times and the problem still persits. Any thoughts?
  • timboyoutimboyou Posts: 1
    Have you made sure your cooling fan is coming on, try taking the thermostat out to see if that helps,it could also be a bad cap.
  • I have a 2000 Impala with 117,000 miles...it began to overheat so have replaced the radiator and the thermostat. It still seems to run warmer than I think it should but have been told that the new thermostat is probably a higher temp than what was originally in there. Now there is a loud roaring noise that sounds like it is coming from the front of the engine. It is not constant but when it is there, it is sometimes very loud and other times just annoyingly loud. Both of the fans are coming on. Any ideas?
2»