Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Yaris Accessories & Modifications

Comments

• rodnreelrodnreel Posts: 13
    Oh, and I forgot to mention I've been driving 75-80 mph on the HWY with the AC on. I could get better MPG if I were to slow down. :shades:
  • aladdinsanealaddinsane Posts: 182
    There's one thing the Yaris lacks, especially the Liftback model (which is the version I'm VERY much interested in :D ):
    a power sunroof. I wonder why Toyota doesn't offer a sunroof option with the Yaris. Excuse my ignorance, but is it possible to have a power sunroof installed, either through dealer or aftermarket, WITHOUT voiding the warranty? Can someone please inform? I sure would appreciate it.

Many thanx. . .

Peace! :)
  • I am sure you can get a sunroof installed. Just google to find someone in your area. The Yaris is an economy car and made to have a low price. Toyota did not put many accessories on this car in order to keep the price down.

Kevin

PS. We are lucky they made an automatice for the Yaris. HA
  • nippononlynippononly SF Bay AreaPosts: 12,695
    Most dealers will have someone they use to put in sunroofs that won't void the car's warranty. In fact, if you are financing you can usually get them to include it in the financing, and to have the sunroof put in before you take delivery.

2013 Civic SI, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (stick)

• violinviolin Posts: 20
    Most dealers work with Classic Soft Trim for leather seats and sunroofs. They have installers all over.
    http://www.classicsofttrim.com/sunroofs.html
  • lhansonlhanson Posts: 268
    I have seen this on Ebay and was wondering about it. It appears to be an aftermarket item rather than the Toyota Factory Model (TFM). Does it fit into the cup holder or does it have to be installed with screws, etc? How much trouble would it be to take it in and out once it is installed? Does this come with the two cup holders for back seat riders like the TFM?
  • lucynethellucynethel Posts: 81
    Seems to have 3 screws and "covers" that rear cupholder. Since it offers FAR more storage of the type I need, losing the cupholder didn't matter. It's also wider and more supportive. It will ship to me tomorrow and I imagine will take a week from Canada to California?
    Has NO cupholder options you refer to that I know of?
  • lhansonlhanson Posts: 268
    I will expect a follow up report after you install it. Thanks.
    WHAT a differance! NOW this chap stero is ALIVE when I turn it on. Just so happy with the improvement. Total of $124.00 INSTALLED at my local shop. Bought from my shop but info on what I got at:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-5lkllhDnHTz/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=430&tab=review&i- =113KFCT207#Tab

Mike (armrest enroute!)
    WHAT a differance! NOW this chap stero is ALIVE when I turn it on. Just so happy with the improvement. Came complete with crossover. Total of $124.00 INSTALLED at my local shop. Bought from my shop but info on what I got at:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-0TWpXMy5Hfl/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?i=113KFCT207

Mike (armrest enroute!)
  • canuck785canuck785 Posts: 160
    my toyota dealer said (when i test drove to scion xB,) that a power sunroof could be installed for around 1000$, depending which kind you like, the sliding " indide" the roof or the one that kinda lift at an angle
    (french is my 1st language so not sure how you guys call it!! LOL :confuse:
    personally, it is not worth that much...as long as i have A/C (i am in kansas) it is all good! and i am in the group that couldn't care less about cruise control. my husband wouldn't buy a car without it though!!! ;)
  • SylviaSylvia Posts: 1,636
    Aftermarket Sunroof for Toyota Yaris
    Great info! (great profile too! I hope you click on the My CarSpace link and get a photo album going to).

Back to the topic... :D
  • eric5899eric5899 Posts: 2
    I have a hatchback and sent an email to both LeBra and Covercraft. Nothing from LeBra but Covercraft says they are working on the pattern now. Maybe next month? So many bugs until then!
  • violinviolin Posts: 20
    I finally got time to install my speakers yesterday. The MB Quarts sound great with the factory head unit. (MB Quart RCE-216s in front, RCE-213s in the rear.)

The factory speakers are different than I've seen before. The mounting bracket is actually the speaker cage. The rear speakers are a little larger than 5 1/4" - more like 5 1/2" or 5 3/4".

To install the woofers, I just cut the speaker cone and the rear basket off the factory speaker and used it as a mounting bracket. The front was easy. I just used longer screws to attach the woofer to the factory bracket. For the rear I used construction adhesive and glued the MB Quart mounting bracket upside down on the factory bracket and screwed the new speakers to it.

The rear speakers I set up as coaxials and installed the front as components (photos below).

It looks and sounds great.

I also added Dynamat XTREME sound damping in the doors and hatch lid and some closed cell foam as well. This not only makes the speakers sound better, it cuts down road noise a lot and eliminates the cheap *ting* sound when you close a door.
  • reuel3reuel3 Posts: 114
    Well done...it looks like your installation came out nicely.
  • spoolinqspoolinq Posts: 2
    anyone know where i can find jdm parts for the 2007 yaris?
    Hmmm. Have you checked out Boom Plus Toys? http://www.boomplustoys.net/jdm_yaris.shtml They appear to have quite a bit for the Yaris.
  • hals2hals2 Posts: 9
    I have the Yaris S sedan, red with power package. It has cruise, lockes, windows, but no keyless. I had the dealer install an aftermarket yeyless, as Toyota does not yey have one available for a dealer installed option. My keyless has so far been less than satisfactory. It always opens the drivers side, but you have to be very exact on getting the other doors to open with the second click of the switch. The passanger doors may or may not open if you don't have the timing exactly right.
    Has anyone else found an aftermarket keyless that works well?
    Thanks for any info. (by the way, the car is great: quite, smooth, good economy)
  • featherzfeatherz Posts: 26
    Have a 2007 Liftback (manual) and will need to purchase tire chains or equivalent (live in an area where they are required 4-5 days/year). Anyone have any recommendations for 'alternative' tire traction such as spikes Spiders so I don't get stuck putting on the cumbersome 'low clearance' cables? This is in California.
  • yaris46yaris46 Posts: 24
    NEVER install a vinyl bra on a car PERIOD. They do far more damage to the paint than no protection at all. Want to protect your paint? Install WWW.UTRASHIELDUSA.COM or WWW.ARMOURFENDUSA.COM are 2 quality companies. P/Protection is FAR MORE than a clear nose bra. It protects your fenders, wheel wells, door edges, door sills, rear quarter panels, windshield frames, 50 percent of your hood, rear bumper rear view mirrors. In other words you protect the paint. Vinyl Bras are not only expensive, they DAMAGE YOUR CAR!
  • bruyerebruyere Posts: 7
    I have the 185/60x15 alloy wheels on my 2007 4 door Yaris. My question is, will one of these wheels fit into the spare tire well in the trunk? I would like to replace the "donut" with a full-size tire. What are my options? Thanks.
  • YIKES! Some "shipping charge"!!!!!!! Have my armrest already but it is different. I may actually sell it as I have found I just never use it.
    Pictures of my aftetmarket unit at:
    http://autos.ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/YarisintheUSA/photos/view/1c2d?b=1&m=s&o=- 0
This discussion has been closed.