Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge Durango Electrical System Problems

1235»

Comments

• johnny717johnny717 Posts: 1
    Have a 2004 Durango Hemi, never had a problem with the radio...now, just changed alternator and radio now turns on, crackles, speakers play for about 15 seconds, then crackle again, and sound/speakers cut out. The radio appears to work perfectly, but without sound! I can shut it on and off but sound will not come out of speakers. BUT, this repeats every time I shut car off and restart it for another trip? I tried playing radio on just battery (without alternator running) and the same thing happens..Anyone have a clue?
    Thanks, J
  • verahverah Posts: 1
    This happened to my Durango. I took it in and they had to replace both side lift gate shocks. This solved the problem. It was under warranty so I have no clue of the charge - sorry.
  • how do you unplug the rear wiper motor??? having the same exact problems
  • My 2001 Durango acts like the battery is low when starting the truck and then starts. The battery, alternator and charging system check out good at the autoparts store. One time the vehical would not start at all and the solenoid just clicked...i.e. like a dead/low battery, then an hour later started and had trouble running. Went straight to the auto parts store for a new battery and all checked out fine. Could it be a weak starter?
  • THIS IS THE THIRD TIME THIS HAS HAPPENED WHILE I WAS DRIVING IN THE PAST 4 MONTHS. THE AIR BAG LIGHTS WILL COME ON & OFF WHILE DRIVING. (BOTH THE PASSENGER & DRIVER SIDES LIGHTS SEEM TO ALTERNATE.) THIS TIME ALSO THE 4 WHEEL LOCK LIGHT BLINKED ON & OFF DURING THE 50 MILE TRIP GOING 70 MPH. WHEN I TURNED ON MY WIPERS THERE WAS A CHIME/DING. ONCE WHEN I ROLLED DOWN THE WINDOW THE WIPERS CAME ONE. ANOTHER TRIP TWO MONTHS AGO WHEN THE AIRBAG LIGHT WAS ACTING UP & I TURNED ON MY BLINKER TO CHANGE LANES THE WIPERS CAME ON. I ALSO JUST REALIZED THAT THE DOOR LOCKS NO LONGER UNLOCK WHEN I TURN THE VEHICLE OFF. I HAVE TO MANUALLY DO IT NOW. ALSO IT USED TO AUTOMATICALLY LOCK THE DOORS WHEN I PUT THE VEHICLE IN DRIVE AND THAT HAS
    BEEN ACTING UP PERIODICALLY. THE ICING ON THE CAKE WAS YESTERDAY WHEN I WENT TO PULL INTO A PARKING SPOT AND THE VEHICLE COMPLETELY SHUT OFF AND ALL THE WARNING LIGHTS ON THE DASH ILLUMINATED, I JUST TOOK IT TO BRIGGS DODGE IN TOPEKA, KS AND THEY CANNOT DUPLICATE THESE ISSUES AND SHOW NOTHING WHEN THEY HOOKED IT UP. THEY TOLD ME THAT DODGE HAS A "STAR CASE" ON FILE AND THAT STATES THAT DRIVERS ARE CAUSING THESE PROBLEMS TO OCCUR. (i totally disagree& think this is a cop out) THEY ARE TELLING ME I GENERATE TOO MUCH STATIC ELECTRICITY! HUH? I FIND THIS VERY HARD TO BELIEVE. I AM VERY DISCOURAGED AND FRUSTRATED. I GUESS WHEN SOMEONE IS KILLED IN AN ACCIDENT FROM ONE OF THESE FAILING, THEN MAYBE THEY WILL OWN UP TO THE PROBLEMS AND FIX THEM. PLEASE HELP! WHAT DOES ANYBODY ON HERE THINK? THERE ARE MANY OTHER PEOPLE WHO ARE HAVING THESE ISSUES WHEN I SEARCHED THE WEB. WHAT SHOULD I DO? JUST START LOOKING FOR A NEW VEHICLE OR IS THERE A FIX OUT THERE?
  • I have a 2000 Dodge durango and for some reason the engine will not shift correctly pass 40 mph...it feels like it is always pulling. I got a code reading from Advance Auto and it said that I need a speed sensor but when I took the SUV to a couple of transmission mechanics they said I need a whole new transmission!! Also, here lately I have a hard time trying to start my vehicle. It clicks for about 10- 15 mins before it turns over...again Advance showed that there was nothing wrong with the solenoid, starter, alternator or battery. Anyone having the same problems...if so, what has been your remedy? I am trying to see if the problems that I am having are worth fixing or should I just trade the darn thing in for something else before I have to spend any more major money!
  • Ok, so I have a 2004 dodge Durango. I keep up with the maintenance but I keep having this issue where my battery dies. At first it was the alternator. So I got that replaced. So I started to notice that my radio would stay on once I pulled the key out and lock the door. At first I didn't pay it any mind until I go to start my truck and it wouldn't turn over. So after I got a jump I ran the car for 15 minutes and drove it around. So I started to take the face off the radio. That seemed to work for a while. Now I am having the same issue and I don't know what to do. Can someone please help me???? I am beyond frustrated and I have put well over 6000 dollars into this vehicle. But now it seems to be for nothing..... Help please!!!!!!!
  • When I had a similar problem with my 1998 Durango, it turned out to be my rear wiper- even though it was off, it never actually shut itself off. We had to take apart the interior panel of the hatch, and just disconnected the wiper. So we don't have a rear wiper now, but we haven't had a battery problem since.
    Hope that helps.
  • Did you figure out the issue nikki I am having the same problem
  • You have an electrical short somewhere in the vehicle. Bring it to a shop that is skilled in diagnosing electrical problems. It should not cost you more than $100 ti diagnose (not repair) the problem. If they try to charge you more than that to diagnose go to another shop. Good Luck!
1235»