Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda3 Dashboard and Instrumentation Questions

Comments

• roadburnerroadburner Posts: 6,688
    We had a similar problem with my wife's BMW X3. In that case the problem was a defective occupant sensor mat, which is located in the bottom seat cushion. Your Mazda dealer should have an SRS diagnostic tool which will be able to pinpoint the problem.

2009 328i / 2004 X3 2.5/ 1995 318ti Club Sport/ 1975 2002A/ 2007 Mazdaspeed 3/ 1999 Wrangler/ 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica

• jfh57jfh57 Posts: 1
    sorry, I'm new to this, but why would I want to unlock the DIS?
    thanks
  • Please forgive the cross posting of this message. This subject has been mentioned on all 6 of the forums on which I lurk.

I purchased a 2008 MS3 Sport with a single CD player. I was unable to do the 2 button trick to get DIS ON as others have reported. I got on eBay and purchased what was advertised as a '04-'06 single CD Mazda 3 radio from Discount OEM Radios. I knew from the forums that '04-'05 was not going to work. The picture looked like my radio except black faced instead of the metallic color. I risked the purchase because it was only $19.99 plus $16.00 shipping. I received the radio and noted it had a December '05 build date, making it from an '06 model. It was also a 6 CD changer instead of a single CD as advertised and marked on the paperwork. The faceplate was badly scratched as was the display. I removed the damaged faceplate and display, literally a 4 minute job. I removed the original radio from my 2008 MS3 and swapped in the eBay 2006 radio, re-using the 2008 display and faceplate. I powered it up, did the 2 button trick, DIS ON, power down, power up, push :00 (no "SET" button) and now I have a 6 CD changer with the trip computer in my 2008 non-GT MS3 for a $36 investment. This radio seems to have more power than the single CD and the changer works well. So, from this comes another datapoint, the computer that provides the trip computer function resides in the radio and 2006-2008 faceplates and displays are interchangeable. I hope this helps someone else.
    -enganear
  • It worked! Thank you very much. I just bought a 2007 Mazdaspeed 3 and my fiance has a 2007 Mazda 3 s touring. I had no idea that this could be done. :)
  • m3fan3m3fan3 Posts: 27
    Yes i had this problem a couple of times, except it didnt go ahead, but behind 30 minuutes. To fix it: well i just switched it back to the correct time. it only happened once or twice and i thought there was no need to try and fix it cause i read many people got the same issue.
    the passenger airbag's light should turn on if and only if it senses that there is 30 pounds or less on the seat. for instance if i put one of my knees on the seat itll turn on. i read this in the manual. mine is an '06. so i would have that checked by the dealer, since it is a safety issue and is very important.
  • My Car is Living Proof that you Can Absolutely unlock the Trip Computer for the 2008 Mazda 3 s Sport.

I just unlocked my 2008 Mazda 3 s Sport Model Trip Computer. It displays in place of the clock.

Follow the directions for the 2007.

When you get Dis On displayed, hold the :00 for 2-5 seconds and check to see if the display changes. If not (mine didn't) Follow the next directions.

Disconnect the negative to the battery.

Wait a minute or 2.

Reconnect the battery.

Turn the car to acc and turn on the radio.

You should have lost your presets and your clock is now wrong.

You will need to do 2 things here.

First of all, so you don't forget, roll your driver side window down all the way and then roll it back up and hold the switch in the up position for at least 2 seconds after. (This turns on the one touch all the way down feature)

Second, hold your :00 button for 2-5seconds and release. When you release, your trip computer should display. To toggle through each option just hit the :00 button. This should stay on for good.

Good Luck, I have been working on getting this working for weeks and only just got it figured out while I was installing my iPod Integration Kit. Enjoy!
    I just looked in the manual and its actually 66lbs/30kg or less for the "airbag is off" light to come on.so since your child was 88 lbs it is still not working properly. the light should not be on if the person is over 66lbs.
  • The dealer says its less than 70ish pounds is what they calibrate it at. They told me its safe and the airbags work. WHO KNOWS! They also buffed my brand new car and I have swirl marks in too. Who the heck does that crap to BRAND NEW PAINT????? Can ya tell I'm peeved??????? They think I don't know any better becuz I'm a girl. Little do they know I am a stickler when it comes to my cars and I notice EVERYTHING!...sorry for the venting...carry on...lol
  • ahightowerahightower TXPosts: 503
    I never get the "Dis On" message. 2008 3i Touring. Maybe I'll try again.
  • Anybody know if this would work on a 2008 Mazda3 S Touring with the 6 disc changer (non Bose)?

I am debating hard whether to get the S Touring with leather/moon or the Grand Touring w/ bose/moon (it's a $1,300 difference and I want to save every penny I can).
  • I have an 08 3i Touring with a six disc changer. I got this hack to work in about 2 minutes. Very easy simply follow the steps and the DIS ON will show...then unhook the negative on your battery and hold the :00 button down for 3 seconds and let off and it will work...dont forget to reset your one touch window.....but I can say that it for sure without a doubt works on the 08 Mazda3 i Touring with a six disc
  • I have a 2006 Mazda 3 and had new tires put on today and got some gas and when I got home the security light won't go out. I have checked the doors and the trunk and the gas cap all appear to be ok.

Any ideas?
  • javeejavee Posts: 2
    I also have a 08 i touring, do you have a 6 cd in dash, I have the single, and cant seem to get it to work. If you have a single it means I am doing something wrong, and therefore might be able to get it done.

Please drop me a line if you get the chance and let me know how you go this to work.

Thanks,
    J
  • javeejavee Posts: 2
    I also have a 3i touring, but for whatever reason cannot get the trip hack to work.
    Do you have a 6 cd in-dash? Im starting to think the hack only works for 6 cd in dash units, I have a single.

Let me know if you figured something out,

Thanks,

J
  • I got mine to work, but I do have the 6 cd in dash.

It didnt work the first time, because I didn't leave the negative disconnected long enough. I gave it a minute instead of a few seconds on the 2nd try and it worked. :)
  • duanecduanec Posts: 2
    I have a 2004 and about 18 months ago, my security light turned on and kept blinking. It just blinks when the engine is turned off. I have no idea why, but it doens't seem to be causing a problem.
  • I have been having some recent problems with my Mazda 3. About one month ago I took it to be serviced and also the emmission light was on. When I went to pick it up, the light was turned off and according to the mechanics, the gas lid wasn't on securly....Not even a week later the light came back on, it wasn't the gas lid then, however, it won't shut-off...Any suggestions? It is a 2005 with 52k miles on it and all through the summer it didn't do this, until winter hit. :cry:
  • I bought a Mazda3 High Option in Feb 2008. There is no trip computer display. Can I add this option now? what do they mean by unlocking trip computer and displaying on central display
  • acdacd Posts: 11
    All the information you need should be in the discussion group titled "How to Unlock Your Mazda 3's Trip Computer"

ACD
  • cin1982cin1982 Posts: 2
    Hey, noob here, and I wanna say THANK YOU for this post! :) I have an 07 3i touring and this worked perfectly on my first try. I'll definitely be checking out this forum in the future for ideas on my car.
  • stonejkstonejk Posts: 1
    OK, I just bought an '08 Mazda3 i Touring. It has the 6 disc changer. Has anyone actually gotten the DIS unlock to work on an '08? If so, please send me the steps
    josey_stone@hotmail.com
  • jjp72jjp72 Posts: 2
    Please forgive the extreme newbie-osity of this question, but how do I disconnect the negative to the battery? Can someone walk me through it or point me toward some directions/a walk through somewhere?

I'd love to do this hack but need to know how to do that part of it first.

Also, does doing the hack run any risk of voiding the warranty or anything?

Much appreciated - thanks!
  • jjp72jjp72 Posts: 2
    Ok, so after further research it seems that apparently this won't work on '08s with the single disc cd player. Is that correct? Has anyone gotten it to work with that setup?

Thanks.
  • ron92ron92 Posts: 1
    The information screen on my 2006 Mazda 3 just went blank. Thought it might be a fuse but I can't find any fuse location for that function in the manual. Called Mazda but they want me to make an appointment with the dealer. I'd rather not spend $100 to have them change a fuse if I can help it. Does anyone know where this fuse is located? Thanks for any help.
  • cin1982cin1982 Posts: 2
    Hey Stone, my cousin bought an 08 3i w/ just the single disc system and I couldn't get hers to work. I've looked at several different forums to find out if it can be done on the 08 and haven't had any luck. Hope you're able to find something!
  • mizzoumazdamizzoumazda Posts: 17
    Hi. I just got an '08 Touring sedan. If I turn the temp control to the blue setting, which I often do driving home when in the morning the weather has been cold, the AC and Recirc lights are activated. Nothing about this in the manual. Is this normal?
  • ahightowerahightower TXPosts: 503
    Yup, it is normal. You can push the AC and recirculate buttons again to disable those functions. I suppose the designers assumed that if you crank it all the way to the right, you want it as cold as possible ASAP. You learn to live with it.
  • gneffgneff Posts: 3
    I have a 2004 with 68000 miles and the dash cracked last week for no reason. Its in the middle right by the windshield. The dealer said they've seen a lot of this. Anyone else have a problem?
  • roadburnerroadburner Posts: 6,688
    Did it crack where the light sensor fits?

problem for good.

2009 328i / 2004 X3 2.5/ 1995 318ti Club Sport/ 1975 2002A/ 2007 Mazdaspeed 3/ 1999 Wrangler/ 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica

This discussion has been closed.