Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Azera 2008

oskidunker1oskidunker1 Posts: 213
As to when the y will be out. No one will give me a straight answer. With 07 inventory low, you would think soon.

Comments

• floridabob1floridabob1 Posts: 1,190
    RE; 1
    07 was released at different times into US market.
    Florida received 07's almost 3 months later than western and mid west states.
  • gamlegedgamleged Posts: 442
    Who gets 'em first will then likely depend on the still unsold number of 2007s in a given area, with the 2008s going where there are few 2007s left over...
  • dborthdborth Posts: 474
    I would be amazed if there IS an '08 Azera. US sales of '06 & '07's were / are pathetic. What a shame too for such an outstanding value vehicle.

Hyundai marketing did a lousy job, and the dealers in large part couldn't figure out what the car was / is in the lineup.
  • crazymacrazyma Posts: 20
    I was at my dealer this weekend. They only had one Azera on the lot and it was reduced because it was an '07. Salesman said the '08s would be in this week and to come back this weekend to test drive one. I don't know if that is true, but I don't have any reason to think it isn't. I was suprised because I had not heard anything about it.
  • jaymagicjaymagic Posts: 309
    Don't know what you are smoking dborth, but I have never seen more than three new Azeras on my dealer's lot at any one time and usually it is less. My dealer, Araphoe Hyundai in Denver, sells more Hyundais than another Colorado dealership and they are Hyundai only. The sales manager would be thrilled to have more to sell above their allocation. Remember the Azera in Korea is a Grandeur and there are frankly not that many available, built for the USA.
    RE: 5
    I can't believe that your dealer is getting 08 Azeras next week.
    I haven't heard that they are even in production yet.
    Has anyone heard anything different?
    To jaymagic: In response to your question, Basic 100's in the flip top box. Beyond that, you obviously didn't read my post. I said "dealers in large part". I'll go over that real slow for you. Large part means "many", not "all". If Araphoe is an exception, bully for them and you. Additionally, we all know Azera here is a Grandeur there. "Lousy Hyundai Marketing" means there was a total failure to properly launch the US version to capture available market share. My post was associated with "2008 Azera", and using the '07 & '07 as examples, why would Korea bother with an '08? Have Arapahoe contact Ladin Linc/Merc/Hyundai in Thousand Oaks, CA. They had 9 on the lot 2 weeks ago.
    Speaking of basic, since when does one equal many??? Get a source for how many Azera's are produced versus number sold and then get back to us when you have any facts to share versus unsupported opinions. ;)
    Some info on the upcoming Genesis and the addition of the LG navigation option for the Veracruz, may foreshadow what is coming for the 08 Azera. Very little has been released on anything about the 08 Azera by Hyundai, including when. There have been no auto show announcements or showings yet, which says to me that its release is not imminent. I would expect something like a late October release.

I have read info that says that the 3.8L engine for the coming Genesis (Spring 2008) will be 290 hp. My guess is that Hyundai will want to keep the Azera on regular versus premium fuel, so I am guessing that the current Azera hp will be bumped to only around 275 hp.

With the addition of the LG Nav system, Bluetooth will be offered shortly on the Veracruz, so it makes sense that this will also be an option on the Azera for 08.
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Besides becoming unnecessarily confrontational, this is getting off-topic, so let's drop it please.
    Then I (we) can continue to post personal opinions?
    Well of course! That's what these discussions are about. But please keep those personal opinions on topic! :P
    Thanks, Pat. I will do so, and encourage other psrticipants to do likewise, with or without "supporting documentation."
  • grayfoxgrayfox Posts: 166
    Pat, is it possible for me to delete certain subjects in the list in which I am not at all interested?
    Thanks, Grayfox
    Probably, but I guess I'm not sure what list you mean. Have a look at the Help file linked at the bottom of the page and see if that helps. If it doesn't, email me with more details about what you want to do and I'll be glad to help you figure it out.
  • grayfoxgrayfox Posts: 166
    Pat, I was referring to the list of Discussion Titles. There are certain subjects that are absolutely of no interest to me and come up with new entries daily. I'd simply like to trim the list to eliminate those superfluous titles.
    The thing is I don't know where you are looking. There are lots of places you could be seeing this.

The best thing to do is use the Tracking options to keep track of what you want to read and ignore what you don't. Again, the help files will explain this.

Email me if we need to continue. I want to help, but we need to work on this off-line so we don't derail this discussion. :)
  • oskidunker1oskidunker1 Posts: 213
    Maybe the front end clunk will be gone with the 08's? I am hesitant to buy an 07 after reading about this. Is there an 07 build date I go go with if I get a good deal?