Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Azera 2008

Comments

• allmet33allmet33 Posts: 3,557
    I guess if you really must do it by siphoning...more power to you. To answer your question...getting the cannister to unscrew is rather simple. In some cases, you can use your bare hands to remove the top, but in the event it's a little tougher...an adjustable oil filter wrench will do just nicely. To access the cannister, raise the hood and you'll have to remove 6 10mm nuts/bolts from the engine shroud and lift the shroud up. the cannister is located top right on the engine.

Oil capacity for the Azera is officially listed at 5.7 qts.
  • wobbly_earswobbly_ears Posts: 160
    I don't change oil on my cars anymore as I don't have much time these days & also the city's oil disposal place is a little too far. But of what I have seen, Azera is probably one of the easiest of cars to change oil unlike the over-engineered German sedans. You should be done in 30min max.

I would still advice you to not do the siphoning method. Why go through that??
    Not sure if Pep Boys exist where you're located, but if so...see if they accept used oil. The ones in my area do.
  • brf8844brf8844 Posts: 1
    I have been shopping for an Azera for a while and finally found the one I wanted $18,900 with 7900 miles. Black with gray interior and Ultimate package. On the test drive I noticed the dash panels on the right side had a slightly different color and then there was an annoying squeek coming from that side. After haggling I opted to take care of the squeek at my local Hyundai dealer (a friend). On the ride home I noticed the plastic panel under the dash by the accellerator pedal was broken like someone had tried to take it out and got frustrated.I hope this isn't a bad sign but has anyone had a similar problem with the dash?
    The dash color variation could have come from getting that replaced as some Azeras had an issue with the dash cracking where the air bag is located. The annoying squeak could just be that it wasn't installed properly. Maybe you can have them pull it out and re-install it.

As far as the panel down by the accelerator...I pulled mine out (on the passenger side though) and broke the tab. It still stays in place, but the reason I did it was some change had slipped down behind where the ashtray is, so I was fishing for the change and pulled the panel a little too hard.
  • brf8845brf8845 Posts: 8
    I just bought a 2008 Azera with 7900 miles on it from a used car dealer. He gave me three remotes none of which worked. I took it to my local Hyundai dealer and they were all stumped. All the normal things were done,(reprogram, new remotes etc.). At first thought it was ECM but even that is responding, just not to the remotes. They have a call into Hyundai Tech services but have yet to get an answer. Anyone got any suggestions?
    My first question...why 3 remotes? The cars come with 2 when bought new. This may be a dumb question, but were they Azera remotes? You should be able to go through a Hyundai dealer and get them replaced via the warranty. Never hurts to try.
    I think the salesman just reached in a box and gave whatever he found. The dealer said one of them is an Azera remote that should work in that car, but like I said they were all stumped.
    The operative word..."SHOULD". If one of them is an Azera remote, you should be able to take it to a Hyundai dealer and have them re-program it for your car and then you'll probably have to order a new one, maybe you could get the dealer you bought it from pay for it since they gave you some BS remotes.
    As other have said, Azera comes with only 2 remotes. So, your salesman just grabbed remotes which looked similar & gave it to you.

You'd need OEM Azera remotes to work. They need to be programmed specifically for your car. They may have to order new OEM set for you.

As an advice, don't let them try too many times without first hearing from Hyundai Tech support or without NEW OEM remote set. The ECU might think that somebody is trying to steal the car & may shut down or go into Limp-Home mode & you'd have another mess on your hand.

You may need to go to a more competent dealer.
    Thanks--I went back to the dealer today and they still haven't heard back from Hyundai Techs but said the best "electronic technician in the shop" wants to get it in for a full day to work on it. They have to replace the dash because of the airbag crack so when that comes in they are going to work on both the same day or two. Other than not having a working remote and the dash I really like the car and it's amenities. I hope I can get this straightened out soon---Thanks for the advice!
  • I got one, 2008 ultimate package, 20K miles, for about 20K in CA. I might have paid too much, but it looks great, and has a warranty. The dealer tried to sell me coatings, etc. I declined. Dealer said suspension in 2008 was fixed, 2009 did not have improvements - perhaps he was bending the truth?
  • rick2456rick2456 Posts: 320
    I just bought an 09 Azera GLS and one improvement I am aware of is the Ipod & USB connection for the stero. Other than than and some subtle body changes (more chrome on the grill), I am not aware of any other improvements.
  • Arghh, the super duper audio package won't play CDs right - every 20 seconds or so, the volume of the CD goes to 25% for about half
    a second, then comes right back - on CDs that play right on any other car stereo or computer. Arghh.
    Sounds like an issue with the head unit and the automatic volume control. Take it to the dealer and explain the problem. Should be as simple as replacing the head unit with a new one.
    @allmet,

Do the 09s have Automatic volume controls? (As in, changes the volume depending on the speed?)
    Hey Wobbly...to be honest, I don't know 100%, but it's really the only thing that would make sense. Honestly, the '06's were supposed to have it, but I don't think it worked very well if they did. I never noticed a difference in volume when driving at highway speeds and then slowing down. At any rate, it would seem to be an issue with head unit, but there's a slight possibility it could be the OEM amplifier as well, maybe receiving a spike in voltage, but then that same spike would affect other electrical components as well. That's why I am led to believe it's an issue with the head unit alone.
  • 101649101649 Posts: 192
    remember...CD/Radio head unit is only warranted for 3/36....
    Well...he said he bought an '08 with about 20k miles on it, so it should be covered.
  • 101649101649 Posts: 192
    does that part of the warranty transfer or just the powertrain??