Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy S10 - GMC S15 and Sonoma Fuel Pump and Fuel System

124»

Comments

• duestyduesty Posts: 1
    To get started I have a 2000 GMC Sonoma, 4.3L V6. There are numerous issues with it.

1. It has a hard time starting, have to jump it often. It turns over just fine but it seems that when I get it hooked up to another vehicle it's like magic and all of a sudden it wants to start. To me it seems that the fuel is having a hard time getting to the engine. I was told most likely the fuel pressure regulator.

2. When it does get started it seems to chug along for the first couple of minutes, like it's not getting enough fuel. Would this be the fuel pressure regulator as well? I was told that when the fuel pump is junk that there is no in between with it, either it works or it doesn't. This is why I'm thinking fuel pressure regulator. Any thoughts?

3. Also I've been driving along and come to a hill and all of a sudden I lose all power. I then can only go 10 mph or it will chug and bog down. To me I would guess fuel issues yet again.

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions or similar problems with this vehicle?
    Thanks for any help!
  • holclintholclint Posts: 1
    I have a 2000 chevy s10 2.2L. When I went to star it ,it started and then shut down. I found the ECM B fuse blown. I replaced the fuse, strted it again and it blew the fusse and shut down. Where could the short be other than the fuel pump. WHEN i replace the fuse and turn the ign. on the fuel pump runs for 2-3 seconds to prime. THE FUSE DOES NOT BLOW UNTIL i START THE ENGINE.
  • I nedd help on why the ECM B keeps blowing. what circuit is that connected to?
    I have a GMC Sonoma 2001 4 cyclinder.
124»