Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rondo accessories

ramblinramblin Posts: 29
I'm looking for window drip guards and also wondering if anyone has found a hitch that would work for the Rondo.

I don't think that Kia USA offers either at this point.
Tagged:

Comments

• conwelpicconwelpic Ontario, CanadaPosts: 600
    KIA Canada has these parts listed so KIA US should have them, check it out at
    link title
  • ramblinramblin Posts: 29
    You would have to remind me what a worthless web site that is. I hope the person that designed it paid Kia America instead of Kia America paying for that web site.
    you could be right, but couldn't get further as it required a vin number from your vehicle.

Still puzzled as to why you just don't order the parts from your local KIA dealer?????????

Try these
    link title
    link title
    link title
  • ramblinramblin Posts: 29
    Last time I looked, the dealer didn't carry them. Still couldn't tell from Kia parts USA.

Thanks for the other links, will give them a look.
  • Yesterday, we bought our Kia Rondo, with nearly ALL available options, including the third-row seats. One major reason we chose it was because it has much more "workable" third-row seats than any comparable vehicles (many are accessible only to contortionists), and it has ample leg room in the second row for our growing 12-year-old; she absolutely couldn't fit comfortably in the back seat of our Kia Rio.

However, we immediately realized a problem: there is no cover over the cargo area. If we'd bought the car without the third-row seats, we would have had a cover. While there are several "hidden" compartments, they are very tiny (not even enough room for our first-aid kit), and we're concerned about leaving anything visible in the cargo area.

We'd really like to find one or two after-market cargo-area covers that could be used in both situations: to cover the tiny cargo area that's available when the third-row seats are up, OR to cover the larger cargo area that's available when the third-row seats are folded down. If anyone finds such a product, let me know (mark welch at mark welch dot com). Thanks!
  • markwelchca, have you checked out this thread yet?
    Security Cover for 7 Seater Rondo
    As far as I know, there's no simple way of adding a cargo cover in the seven seater without doing this installation.
  • According to Kia USA, the 4 cyl is not available with either 3rd row seats or the sunroof. Both of these seem to be available in every other country. Anybody know the real scoop? I don't care whether it's EX or LX as long as it has these 2 options. I would prefer an EX as leather seats are easier to clean if you have grublets.
    Jess :confuse:
  • timtlmtimtlm Posts: 5
    I have the LX 4cyl with the 3rd row. According to the brochure and website, the EX 4cyl does not have the 3rd row option, but this may have changed since the brochure was published. Also, the sunroof is only an option with the EX version through the "premium package" (which also includes the infiniti sound system). You can always install leather aftermarket on the LX, but it wouldn't have the heated seats.
    I would hang on till the 2008 models are available in the US, here in Canada we've had 2008 models since mid-August and KIA Canada has expanded the line up over last year.

We have the EX available with a 4 cylinder with or without a 3rd row, and either with or without leather. Heated front seats would be standard in either case. The LX does not come with a 3rd row or many other options. Also new is black cloth or leather but only available with selected exterior colours.
  • I recently bought a Kia Rondo with a roof rail and am looking for some suggestions for an alternative to the dealer supplied cross Bars (suggested MSRP, $ 200). Also, if anyone has a suggestion for me for the Roof box, then that'll be helpful before I go out to buy these 2 things.
    Just purchased a 2008 Rondo EX with the 2.4 and got the following accessories with it:
    - window visors (4)
    - rear bumper protector
    - all weather floor mats (3 piece)
    - hood protector
  • bgwbgw Posts: 116
    That's good dealing on your part, conwelpic. When my wife and I bought our EX V6 in August, we got a set of 4 snow tires, studded and balanced, installed on steel winter rims, with a value near $900 Canadian.
    I hadn't thought of the window visors though.
    sorry I didn't make myself clear, they weren't thrown in with the deal I just meant that I purchased these accessories with my new vehicle. However, I was very pleased with my purchase and the salesman was excellent, couldn't have asked for a better purchasing process.
    ... a faux wood dash kit that could be applied to the dash with adhesive.

... seat covers that could be used with the seat-mounted side airbags.

... a cold air induction kit.

... body effects similar to those on the Rondo SX concept, especially the grille insert.

What would YOU like to see?
  • hopx4hopx4 Posts: 11
    I have the 5-seater and was going to get the cargo mat shown in the Rondo accessory brochure, but Kia says is not available (in the US) so I'm looking at the cargo tray. For those of you that have one, is it flexible enough that you are not fighting with it when you are using the under-floor storage spaces?
    Not sure what the difference is between the cargo mat and cargo tray?
    I have the 5-seater and have the cargo liner which is available from the KIA dealers here in Canada. However, I got mine direct from Weather Tech (I believe they make them for KIA) because they offered them in three colours (gray, black, tan) where the dealer only has them available in black and I have a gray interior.
    It is very flexible and actually quite light, we find that when we put in a carpet liner (4' x 6' trimmed) for transporting our large dog (we recline the second row for this) we don't have to remove it and causes no problems as the lip is flexible enough not to interfere. Great protection for behind the second row.
    Conwelpic, I also use a carpet liner trimed to fit. I only have it behind the 2nd row (my basset hates to ride in the car) and it rolls up neatly to fit behind the 3rd row the occasional time that I need to use that row. When I fold the 2nd row forward, for longer cargo, I have a piece of blanket, also trimmed to fit, that when not in use fits neatly in the right rear covered cubby hole.
    My big issue with the Rondo`s hatch area is that the carpet is all light grey, and is composed of a material which shows marks if an item is pulled across it (like a box). My old 98 Legacy wagon had charcoal-coloured carpet that was made of a far sturdier material and which showed no real wear even after 9 yrs of hauling that basset around.
    And how are you finding the Rondo in your Ontario winter so far?
    no problem so far, the Weather Tech cargo tray is behind the second seat for normal use, but when I transport our Golden Retreiver we put in the 4 x 6 carpet which works out great. It hangs over the back entry trim to protect it when loaded the dog.
    But no matter what colour or material I had in the rear I would still cover it to protect it for use. I don't store the carpet in the vehicle, but just use it as required.

• Weathertech now has front and rear side window deflectors for the Rondo. These are in-channel fit. Getting ready to order a full set. $106.95 with free shipping.
    in Canada they are $136.95 for a set of 4 or $70.95 for front set only + $10 shipping. KIA window deflectors are $110.25 for a set of four. Weathertech does not used tape to fasten it in place but the KIA ones do.

I had mine dealer installed when I purchase my '08 Rondo EX

If you get them dealer installed at the time of purchase you get a 3yr/60,000km warranty vs the regular 1yr/20,000km. This applies to all accessories.