Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volkswagen Eos Accessories and Modifications

kfairchildkfairchild Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Volkswagen
We love our new Eos, but are having trouble replacing the factory stereo. We didn't buy the luxury package because we had heard that we could get a better navigation system for less money. So we did, but now we cannot find the dashboard kit that will allow it to be installed. Surely we cannot be the only ones to want to replace the stereo in a 2007 Eos? Any suggestions? Thanks!

Comments

• bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    Hey,

I was wondering if you could tell me how much you pay a month for your EOS, I am wanting the 32k model, and want to lease. I also would like to be in the 300's with 2-4k down at signing. Since posting in the EOS forums are slow, I would appreciate any help and advice.
  • rv65rv65 Member Posts: 1,076
    I hear it uses the same dash opening as the Jetta, Rabbit, Passat, GTI, and GLI.
  • lancelotlinklancelotlink Member Posts: 18
    I was pricing an Eos at the CarsDirect website, and in the Audio Options section I saw this:
    Dynaudio Premium Sound System (DISC)
    NO LONGER AVAILABLE for factory ordering as of November 4, 2007
    Does anyone know if another premium sound package will be offered?
    I've driven an Eos with the standard sound and wasn't really impressed (bit of a bass freak).
  • rv65rv65 Member Posts: 1,076
    http://www.octavia-vrs.com/images/images/bluetooth/Octy_II_Bluetooth_003_800x600- .jpg

It's a Bluetooth module that Skoda and VW are now using in Europe. Works with USA cars but with programming. You don't need a navigation system to use it but works better with the RNS-510. This unit requries some wire mods and VAG-Com for programming. VW could be making a new bluetooth module for USA but this one works very well.

http://www.octavia-vrs.com/technical/bluetooth.html

For the EU only skoda but could work with the EOS with some mods. Some mods might have to be done. The wiring will need it too.

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/index.php/Skoda_Octavia_%281Z%29_Telephone#Coding

Another link for the Bluetooth. Also wiki.ross-tech.com has the label file if you search for the Skoda Octavia 1Z. This is recommended for people who are willing to do this.

Hope this helps.
  • brucekingbruceking Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a beautiful red Eos and we're looking for a decent seat cover for the back seat. - bruce2712@yahoo.com
  • billyrbillyr Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know if a top remote control is available for the 2008 Eos? Somewhere on the internet there was something about a remote available for the 2007, or the 2006 which was not available in the U.S. I own a 2008 Turbo
  • drwittedrwitte Member Posts: 3
    I just bought a SmartTop controller from mods4cars.com.
    The controller is a little relay-like module. I also bought the wiring harness to make it easier to install. The instructions for installation are on mods4cars.com also. Fairly straightforward. Harder to get under all the carpeting in the trunk than to actually make the electrical connection. Fortunately, ElitePro (associates of mods4cars.com) are local to me and they installed with me. They'd never done an Eos before and I never installed a SmartTop before so we did it together for $45.00 (discounted labor rate). I could do it myself now that I've done one, but didn't want to mess up the first time. Well worth the money to have this module. It had always been a disappointment that one reason to have bought the car was to watch the top go down and as the driver you really don't get to see it. Now by remote I can watch it! Good luck and enjoy!!!!!
  • drwittedrwitte Member Posts: 3
    Does anyone have any experience putting an ECU chip in their Eos. I have a 2008 2.0T Lux. Many chips avail on Ebay for not much money, but do they deliver?
This discussion has been closed.