Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volkswagen Jetta Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• When I release the brake pedal, sometimes it will not come up all the way and the brakes will be engaged(depending on how stuck the pedal is). The VW people say that everything is fine. I've been complaining about this for over a year.
  • Can anyone here tell me where to locate the relay box for 2001 VW Jetta 2.0? I've looked all over this car and can not find it.
  • bpeeblesbpeebles Posts: 4,085
    Did you look to on the far left of the dashboard WITH THE DRIVERS DOOR OPEN. (opening the drivers door uncovers the fuse panel)
  • I have a 1995 jetta gl 111 and it failed emissions inspection for nox what are some causes of this I have a new muffler and oxygen sensor? :(
  • I just bought an 06 2.5 about 3 weeks ago. As soon as I picked it up, I noticed it shakes after about 60MPH. I thought it was a flat spot in the tires but it didn't work itself out after I've put roughly 1000 miles on it. So I thought it needed a tire balance on the front end. I've had it at the dealership twice for them to tell me there is nothing wrong with the car. I know a brand new car with only 29 miles on it should not be doing this. This last time that I took it in, they gave me a service loaner which was the same car as mine just a package 1 instead of a package 0. It has only 2200 miles. It also did the same thing, only not as bad as my car. This is my first VW since my old rabbit in high school. Is this nornal for a VW?
    And it pulls just a bit. The service tech told me that VW has a computer chip in the steering wheel that :confuse: automatically aligns the wheel and that after a few minutes it should adjust to the road I am on and straighten itself. Does this sound right or is it BS? I don't know what to do. I'm thinking of taking it to another dealership. Help.
  • jeffyscottjeffyscott Posts: 3,855
    We have a 2005.5 VE with 12,000+ mi. No shaking or vibrations at any speed. But if you are sensing this on multiple cars, maybe it is something you feel but others don't???

We also have not had any pulling ever. When it was new the steering wheel was very slightly off-center...but no pulling. Dealer adjusted this and it has been fine since.

The car does supposedly adjust steering for wind (and maybe other factors), so that you steer straight even in cross wind for example, which must be the automatic adjustment your dealer is refering to.
    There is no "computer chip in the steering wheel"... this sounds like an attempt to describe the "steering wheel angle sensor" by somone that has no clue what its purpose is.

A VW should be ROCK SOLID on the highway up to and beyond 100MPH. Dont forget it is desigend for the German Autobahn.
    NOX is most often caused by the peak temparture in the combustion chambers is so high that Nitrogen oxidizes.... thus "NOX".

The EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) system is intended to reduce NOX. Neither the muffler nor O2 sensor has much affect on NOX.

I guess that running to lean could cause NOX to go up... but you did not mention that was found to be as issue.
  • usausa Posts: 8
    The DSG transmission in my 2006 Jetta TDI has failed at 20K miles. Failed with no warning symptons. At approach to interstate on ramp, would not shift out of first gear. I drove on the shoulder of the road to VW dealer 4 miles. I shut down the car and then restarted, now when I put the car into drive the transmission stalled the engine. Dealer has new tran on order. Talking with a sales person he told me that he knew that two transmissions replaced at this dealer and 15 replaced at a dealer south about 60 miles. This happed on a Saturday so service dept was closed. On Monday the service rep also said that they have replaced two DSG transmissions.
    Were all the replaced transmission you mention DSGs?
  • usausa Posts: 8
    My assumption was that they are. I don't think I asked that question. By the way. I called the Voa customer support number to follow up on the salesman statement because I was shocked at the number of replacements. I shared with the customer support person my conservations at the dealer and he said he would call the dealer to try and get more information. The service rep did confirm the two transmission replacements (again not sure if DSG) however the salesman denied telling me anything except what rental car company they use. This is very disturbing.
    ...the salesman denied telling me anything except what rental car company they use

Maybe he got spanked after VW called the dealership in response to to your report. ;)
  • I have a new ’06 2.5 Jetta (3,000 miles now) and had a very slight vibration at 65-75 MPH when I first drove it on the highway. Brought it in to the dealer right away. They balanced the wheels. Front right wheel was a quarter ounce out. It now runs smooth as glass, up to 90 anyway. Steering is also very good – no pulls, even under acceleration. Perhaps you should search for another dealer, but it is not a normal Jetta problem.
  • Cars been taking more cranks to start now that it has over 130,000mi. Mid day last week it wouldn't start; no sound just lights on dask flickering as key is turned & held.
    Checked battery and connections- OK
    Pulled the starter & replaced the brush assembly and bench tested - OK
    put starter back on car and I hear the solinoid click attempting to engage starter but there is no whirring or cranking. I've read that this can occur when the TCM=Transmission Control Module is at fault anyone know how to proceed????
  • so i just bought a used 2000 jetta 2.0 a few months ago, and i drove from salt lake to logan today, drove all around town, then went out to start it so that i could go home and it just wouldn't start. the radio, lights and dash lit up, but the car wouldn't even make any noise as to turn over. so i had to pop the clutch to get it going, but it is really random? does anyone know what might be the problem?
  • Hello,
    I have a 2003 jetta wagon that has begun having a popping noise from the front driverside when turning. Anyone with ideas what it might be, and more importantly, how much it's "gonna run me"?

Thanks....
  • I have a 2001 wolfsburg edition. Where is the Altenator located? And how can I change it? If possible please help. VW dealer seem to like to take you for all you are worth when it come to fixing thing.
    Alternator is under the hood bolted to engine with pully that is driven from the engine via serp. belt. There are a few wires connected to it.

I beleive I have seen a step-by-step R&R procedure with photos somwhere on the internet. I would suggest you do some internet searches.
  • BPeebles,

Yeah I know where that is. Is the fuse and relay box all in the same panel?
  • I have had no responses to my message. If no one can help; do you have any suggestions where I might get some help.