Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is the best used van?

2»

Comments

• $8500 (I had the wrong year on the DGC ... it was the 2004). I can be patient, though, and wait for the right deal (for cars that are normally a little above this).
  • lroylroy Posts: 3
    Rear window wiper motor keeps wiper rumbling. Sounds like a heavy vibration noise. Use to happen when I start my engine, but now it's happening more frequently when I'm driving. When it only happened at start up, I would get out of the car, and go to the back and set the wiper on the windows and not on the car. Now it rumbles on the window too.

I bought it to a Toyota Dealer, and they told me it would be too costly to fix, and wasn't covered under warranty.

Any ideas as to what to do. I wouldn't mind disconnecting the wipers, as I usually don't use my rear wiper. Was concerned that would botch up something else.

I have approximately 174,000 miles on my van.

Also, my heating gauge is showing hotter,...starting to smell, if I have my air conditioner on, and am idling while driving in the city. I checked my coolent, but it is okay.

Thanks for your help and advice.
    Rear window wiper motor keeps wiper rumbling. Sounds like a heavy vibration noise. Use to happen when I start my engine, but now it's happening more frequently when I'm driving. When it only happened at start up, I would get out of the car, and go to the back and set the wiper on the windows and not on the car. Now it rumbles on the window too.

I bought it to a Toyota Dealer, and they told me it would be too costly to fix, and wasn't covered under warranty.

Any ideas as to what to do. I wouldn't mind disconnecting the wipers, as I usually don't use my rear wiper. Was concerned that would botch up something else.

Thanks for your help and advice.
  • akw11akw11 Posts: 1
    I am wondering what decision you ended up making and if you are happy with your decision. I am in a similar situation now.
    I brought it to a mechanic and he disconnected the wiper. It stopped the rattling. I don't know how he did this, but he did not charge me.
  • worthog29worthog29 Posts: 1
    I am looking for a Ford 350 passenger Van with diesel engine within 500 miles of Zip 92242
  • japancarpointjapancarpoint Posts: 1
    edited October 2010
    hello, try this 1995 Toyota Hiace Van which is available in fine condition. I have link here so it is a big offer why not to check this one instead on Ford 350.
    link title
  • went out and tried to start the van and when I put the key in it wont turn. tried some wd40 in the switch and still nothing. steering wheel is unlocked and the bell for door is working but it wont turn.please help
  • wiestawiesta Posts: 2
    Hi. With another child on the way, my wife and I are looking at MiniVans. We would like to find something slightly used. (2008 or newer with less that 40k mi.). Reliability and cost are the tops concerns for us. Would like to find something that we could own for 6-7 years and probably put 100,000 miles on it. Could someone provide some insight? I am curious to hear about any repair stories or recommendations. Right now we have looked at the T&C touring, Odyssey, and Sienna. Thanks.
  • rockmobilerockmobile Posts: 109
    edited April 2012
    You can't go wrong with Odyssey or Sienna; I don't know much about T&C.
  • patnicpatnic Posts: 22
    Be very careful of the older Honda's. We have a 2003 and needed new tranny - lots of complaints on Edmunds.
  • astra1astra1 Posts: 5
    I have a 2003 Chevy Venture, which now has 370,000 miles on it the transmission has never been rebuilt although shift solenoids were changed. The engine was replaced 10,000 miles ago after the lifter seized up, and broke the cam shaft The engine has a timing chain, not belt, that was never replaced. The injectors never had any work. The major problems was with heater cores and radiators as well as bleading the cooling system(a bad design). The engine never burned oil. I ran synthetic oil almost it's entire life and run Dexron 6, which is supposed to be synthetic. I replaced the big bushing in one side and several sets of monroe air shocks(junk). I maintained the vehicle regularily. Don St. Louis Mo. owner /operator Karaoke Cab STL
2»