Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota 4Runner Electrical Problems

13»

Comments

• wimike3wimike3 Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    I have a four runner in which I replaced the battery, rebuilt the alternator. When I use turn signal radio goes off yet signal works. My battery gage drops. After it runs a while if I shut it off needs jump to restart. Starts immediatly with a jump. Any and all input is welcome.
  • boats3boats3 Posts: 40

I have a 2005 4Runner Limited with the V-8 and air ride. When I step on the brake, the GPS and 12volt charger go out but come right back on. This happened only when I stepped on the brake until today. Then the problem happened at idle in park. Also yesterday the engine seemed to be searching for an idle. Lastly as I was driving down the highway today with the cruise control on the car did the same thing but took the car out of cruise control, then the cruise control indicator started to flash. It only stopped after I turned the cruise off and back on. I have 165k on the truck and use it to tow our camper. What a great tow vehicle and I am just not ready to get rid of it yet, still have another 200k to go. Any helpful suggestions are appreciated.

13»