Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lincoln Town Car Audio Questions

2»

Comments

• i have a 98 TC w/ a JBL premium sound system and i'm trying to install an after-market head unit. almost all wiring kits i have tried do not fit. i am trying to find a wiring diagram for the TC. please help. thnx
  • What was the answer to you 2003 Lincoln towncar radio issue (everything worked wxcept for static on the radio?
  • adougadoug Posts: 6
    I believe on the 2002 it is located to the right of the spare tire and is in plain sight. Upon research I have discovered that possibly we have to take the car into a dealer to have it hooked up properly, is that so?
  • fltcfltc Posts: 1
    I have a 1997 town car with a cell phone in the center console (disposed of last year). I recently disconnected my battery for another problem and now the word 'phone" appears in my radio display and I can't get the am/fm to display and work. Anybody have any ideas?
  • Did you ever get a response? I want to replace my JBL TC stereo as well? Were you able to change it? If so, please post installation steps.
  • 99towncarexec99towncarexec Posts: 159
    Have a 96 town car sig w/JBL stereo.The cassette player playes on side 2,but side one get all crackly and I can't use it.2 RADIOS,,same results.Any body have any ideas.The cassette is actually the one connected to my sirius tuner on the floor.
    If you get static on the radio when you turn on the rear defogger,that's a Ford issue and the have a fix.I forget what it is,but I think it means replacing the rear window!
    edited May 2011
    My auto function on the heater/ac works in auto function on the A/C,but not the heater.Is this the relay going bad or what??
  • bigthunkbigthunk Posts: 1
    I recently inherited a 2001 Lincoln Executive Town Car from my Great Grandfather's passing. It's a magnificent car but I can not find the cd changer. My manual says in the trunk or under the driver's seat (or maybe passenger). But I'm not seeing it. There's also a button on my radio that says "cd". Is it possible the car just didn't even come with a cd changer? Or am I overlooking something?
  • euphoniumeuphonium Great Northwest, West of the Cascades.Posts: 3,341
    Just because it may be pre wired for a CD doesn't mean there is one. The Executive would have one in the trunk.
  • Hi- I have the same problem . Did you find a fix? Pls. share if you did. Thanks, Robert
  • I have a 97 Signature Series and in the process of replacing all tierods...ball joints...upper and lower control arm bushings...some of the parts suppliers offer over sized ball joints and different types of bushings depending on the type of package my car came with...my question is how can I tell if my car came with the touring edition handling package...I have replaced my sway bar bushings after having to measure it which was about an inch or 25.4mm...much to my dismay Lincoln made a million sizes...I also went to Carfax and put in my VIN and it came up as a Signature Series / Touring Edition / J N...would appreciate any input...on a side note I upgraded my steering wheel with a woodgrain...98 to 2002 Towncar...Navigator...Continental have the same wheel...some of the airbags also came with woodgrain trim...thanks again
  • linc94linc94 Posts: 2
    this could b ur rdio needs replace or reset button on radio or factory amp may need to be replaced connections through whole system need to be checked time consuming but necessary
  • linc94linc94 Posts: 2
    u have to make sure u hooked the factory amp back up and the radio has sound by hooking up a speaker thats not in the car let me know what u get
  • nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    The VIN will absolutely tell you - find a VIN decoder on the internet. There is a letter or number in there that will identify it.
  • rlfishrlfish Posts: 1
    Everytime it rains, my radio generates only static; after a week or so of dry days, it usually clears up but lately it continues to be completely unusable. The cd works nicely at all times. Any idea what might be causing the problem?
  • looking@'07 t/c sign. limited radio has a "SAT" bottom, salesman says this means it is already wired, but BEST buys says it need a ant. and/or turner, consult dealer, who says consult Best Buy?? what gives, Help. Thanks. :(
    If there is a pimple on the roof, it is probably already wired.
  • by pimple you mean those stubby little ant.'s.
2»