Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda CR-V Handling and Alignment

124»

Comments

• I have an '08 CRV and I have not had any recalls come in. It's easy to find out if a recall was done on your car. If you're being financed thru Honda you can go under the hondafinancialservices.com site and under "My vehicles you will see on the bottom right hand side a link for "RECALLS". If you are not financed thru Honda you can go to this site: http://www.hondaproblems.com/recalls/
  • deontae3deontae3 Posts: 3
    edited October 2010
    I had the same issue when I had a 2008 Honda CRV. I ended up going through the Better Business Bureau and I went through a arbitration hearing. Honda had to buy my car back and pay me back all eight of the car notes that I had paid.
  • Thank you for your advice. I did follow through with your advice..currently waiting to hear back from the BBB to find out what their decision is.
  • I recently had some major engine work on my 2003 CRV (75k km); replacement of timing chain. This means pulling the engine and etc.

Now, when driving up the freeway to ski, the vehicle has a bit of a 'shudder' at higher speeds (70 km/hr). This is with winter tires on rims that haven't been rebalanced since being installed.

Any comments as to cause? I can think of unbalanced tires or wheel alignment issues and the recent engine work is just coincidental but I saw a reference in another discussion to a problem with the engine mount causing 'shudder' problems... I don't notice anything at lower speeds.

Thanks for any thoughts.
  • I took my Honda into the dealer for it's 5Kmile routine. When I got it back the steering was off. With the wheel centered it's pulls to the left and there's a lot more play in the steering. I took it back and they don't see it.

Any idea's on what I should check for ? I'm thinking something happened when they were changing oil up on the lift. I checked the steering fluid, not a problem.

It's under warrenty so I'm going to continue to go back.

Thanks for any help,

ED,
    Orlando Florida
124»