Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2008 Lexus LS 460/460L

Comments

• cyclone4cyclone4 Posts: 2,255
    rennybosch, it appears to be the cooler box and the 4 zone AC that limits the size of the trunk. I have reclining back seats and also the bottom seat cushion moves back and forth and I am still getting an 18cf trunk. I absolutely love this car. It is better than even I was hoping.
  • ljflxljflx Posts: 4,661
    I think it's also the rear seat entertainment package with it's wiring needs that plays into the trunk size..

Renny - as long as the car is doable and desirable then I'd pull the trigger and go for it if I were in your shoes. It's a different animal than the LS430 and a major step up in luxury & performance, particularly in LWB form.
  • Thanks guys for the advice.

Len, you may remember one of my concerns was the absence of a cassette tape player in the LS460. Well, my local library has just removed all books on tape, all they have now by way of audio books is books on CD. So that particular concern is no longer an issue with me. So I'm definitely getting closer, especially with enthusiastic reports like yours and Charlie's.
    I have an old old exxon Christmas tape from the 1980's that I bought while filling up one day. Till this day it's one of the best Christmas albums I ever heard with a few unique songs that don't get a lot of air play. But the only place I have left to play it is in my GX470. Even in my home theatre set-up I got rid of the tape player in favor of both Blue Ray and hi-def DVD players. Ended up buying both so I no longer care which format wins. Accessing my built in cabinet is an absolute nightmare.

Good luck with your decision to buy or keep. Either way - you can't lose.
  • houdini1houdini1 Kansas City areaPosts: 5,767
    Is there some way to transform your exxon tape into a CD?

2013 LX 570 2010 LS 460

• I am interested in buying the 08 and have heard a lot about the wind noise experienced in the 07 model. Has this been fixed in the new model? Has anyone heard or read about someone having the wind noise issue in the 08 model.

In the Bay area I have got initial quotes of upto 7K off MSRP - is that a good price?

Please advise
    The wind noise issue was a problem on some SWB models and mostly early on in the production. However, I have heard of a few problems even later. I believe that Lexus has found a fix for those that have had a problem. I can tell you this much. Both ljflx and myself have had zero wind noise problem. It is incredibly quiet. We both have the LWB. What a car!! Good luck on your buying process. 7K off MSRP for a 2008 LS460 sounds like a great deal to me.
  • Thanks for the feedback. I will check around for a bit to see if anyone has any wind noise issues with the 08 and if not totally satisified might opt for the LWB

Thanks again
  • fabt1fabt1 Posts: 5
    I just picked up my 2008 LS460 SWB. I had been very concerned about the wind noise reported on the '07s and some of the 08's. My understanding is the most recent '08s (but not the very first ones) have laminated glass on the front side windows....as noted by the word "lamisafe" printed on the glass. So make sure any '08 you buy clearly has that label on the windows.

I took my car on a test drive, at highway speeds up to 80 MPH, and let me tell you....completely noiseless!

I had a 2001 LS430 and before that a 1996 LS400. There is no doubt the LS460 blows them both away in every possible way. The ML stereo is much, much better than the version I had on the LS430. It drives/handles much more comfortably and quietly. And, for the first time, I think the styling is right on (although I don't care much for the trapezoid shaped exhaust pipes).

Also, the '08 version eliminates the need to touch the screen to bypass the navigation warning....it automatically goes away after a few seconds and displays the nav screen.

There is no doubt in my mind that if someone is not sure if upgrading from an LS430 is worthwhile, believe me, after a few days in this car, I'm convinced the upgrade is well worth it. I'd have bought this car months ago if (not including '07 windnoise problem) had I understood/witnessed the improvements.
    Congratulations on your new LS! I am happy to hear that the wind noise problem has been solved even for the SWB. You are echoing what ljflx and I have been saying about this car. It is simply spectacular. My wife and I made about a 600 mile trip to the Detroit area this past Saturday to visit our daughter and son-in-law. That was THE most comfortable and enjoyable trip I have ever made driving a car. It was also a lot of fun playing with all the "toys" during the drive.
  • traubetraube Posts: 28
    can i ask how much u paid for the LS460.I was recently quoted $8800 off MSRP for a new 2007 LS460 in florida
    thanx
  • Does anyone know if there are any differences between the '07 and '08 models of the LS460? Or is the only consideration future resale value?
  • bmlexusbmlexus Posts: 755
    when u take a ls460,what do u like better then the 7 seri and the s class,
    I am of the opinion that the LS is more comfortable and more quiet than the S Class or the 7 series. I also love the interior layout and design of the LS. And, I actually like the exterior look of the LS better. On top of all this, the LS460L is about $15-20K less expensive than a comparably equipped S550. To me it is a "no brainer".
  • fabt1fabt1 Posts: 5
    I don't think I can give you a good reference - my wife works for Autonation, which owns Lexus of Palm Beach, and we were able to get an Employee Discount price. I compared that price to several other Lexus dealers and no one could match it. Our salesperson their was Jonathan, and he was really pleasant to deal with.

The only concern I would have about an '07 is what I, and others, have mentioned before: The '07's do not have laminated glass on the front windows, which without, apparently, can cause wind leak. Also, the "07 Nav screen requires you to touch an "I agree" screen before it activates, a somewhat minor nuisance.

If you consider an '07 make sure you road test it at highway speeds and listen carefully for wind leak.

Best of luck!
  • bmlexusbmlexus Posts: 755
    I agree that its less expensive and the look is much better then the others, i seen them both 7seri and the LS looks much better , except that i like the interior better for the 7seri,But i think that the lexus will have a longer problem free time better reliability
  • Based on such enthusiastic recommendations as fabt1, ljflx, and cyclone4, I've jumped into the pool and bought an LS460L with all the trimmings (not the 4-seater, though). It's being shipped in from another dealer, so I can't give a first-impression report yet. Apparently there is a severe shortage of the 86K car in SoCal.

I had been very satisfied with my '01 LS430, and even more so with the '04 (both Ultra-Lux versions). But from what you guys tell me the 460 beats them both. Thanks for the encouragement.

Renny
  • When I signed up for my car, the finance guy recommended xzilon treatment. He said it repels all dirt, bird droppings, acid rain, etc. Maintains factory-fresh finish for years. Has any one tried that and what was your experience? Is it worth it at $950? That includes both exterior and interior treatments.
    The new LS has a much better finish than the LS430. My dealer did not even ask me if I wanted this done. Personally, I think it is a waste of money, but that's me. Congratulations on your purchase renny! I think you will be extremely pleased.
    I started to get the feeling you couldn't resist. What's your color combo?

Best of luck with the car and a happy and healthy New Year wish to you, Charlie and everyone else.