Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2008 Lexus LS 460/460L

123457»

Comments

• cyclone4cyclone4 Posts: 2,287
    Len (ljflx),

It is awesome to hear from you again. I use to peak at the LS 460 forum on a daily basis for months. There was no one posting anything of any consequence. So, I basically forgot about it starting this past September/October. I had no idea that you started posting there again in early November. Just by coincidence, I asked Tag (on the LL forum) yesterday if he remembers the discussions he use to have with you about hybrids VS. diesels. I was rather amazed to learn about a month ago that Tag had a complete change in his thinking about hybrids and is now on board (I believe he purchased a Ford hybrid for his daughter recently).

Your great insight about the oil bubble BURST was a thing of beauty. What an incredible collapse. Of course the main concern now is the world wide economic collapse that is hurting so many people. I was warned about a year ago that this was coming by someone I had been communicating with about various commodities for years. Fortunately, my wife and I sold just about all our stocks we owned (had to argue with the stock brokers that I was getting out) quite a while ago and we only have a couple of mutual funds left. My son and his wife did not take the advice and they have lost 40-50% of the value in their account. But they are young and will be OK at the end. The individual mentioned above has a huge difference of opinion with your view about the economy next year and beyond. He sees a rally of the Dow close to 10,000 during the next several weeks (month or so) and then a monumental collapse next year down to 5,000. He sees the dollar plummeting from these levels like it has never done so before while gold rallies to $2,000-3000 the next couple years. He has been buying a lot of physical gold. In my opinion (even though he has been dead on to this point), he will be proven wrong. I do not see this country going to the crapper. I have tremendous faith in our new administration. When Obama speaks, people listen. I think that you will be closer to reality than he is starting in 2009. By the way, what good is gold if it gets as bad as some think? I am not buying an once of the "junk" . Also, I think that $35 or even $25 crude is definitely within reach. Who would have thought a year ago that we would see gas prices this low again? In my area 10% ethanol is going for $1.50 per gallon as of early this morning. It is likely less than that at this minute.

It is great to hear that your business is doing well and that your family is healthy. It's also good to see that you are open minded about cars. Who would have thought a few years ago that you would own a Mercedes. In this neck of the woods, We have extended the lease on my wife's RX400H for a year (now expires at the end of April, 2009). At that point we are going to lease the next generation RX hybrid (RX450H) coming out in the spring. It will be more energy efficient and have all kinds of bells and whistles. Let's hope that you and I are right and someone else I know is very wrong about the economy for next year and beyond.
  • I need to drive a slender, light, four foot ten inch child in my 2008 Lexus 460. Does anyone happen to know much about whether the seat belt and/or the air bags for the front passenger seat would be OK or not OK for this child? Thanks.
  • topgun7topgun7 Posts: 409
    I have some wind noise issue that my Lexus mechanics confirmed but there is no fix from Lexus (no TSB that he can applied and he does not know how to solve it..). I follow a "triangle fix" described in this thread and the problem is greatly reduced... I understand some of the 07 and 08 has this issue.. Hopefully you can use this fix as well...

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls460-ls460l-and-ls600h-forum/352398-ls460-wind-- noise-fix-continued-discussion-29.html
  • My 08 460L is pulling to the right, I had the dealer check it out, they said the left front tire was bad and replaced it, its pulling to the right agian, the first time in the shop the car had 2200 miles now the car has 3700. Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be???
    When I was inquiring about the recall (fuel line pipe) on my 2008 LS460L today, my salesman also informed me that at long last Lexus has a true "fix" for the wind noise issue. It is coming out this next month.
  • houdini1houdini1 Kansas City areaPosts: 5,934
    Just keep taking it back until they fix it to your satisfaction. I might suggest that you ask to have a tech ride along to see first hand what is happening.

2013 LX 570 2010 LS 460 2002 Tacoma 4x4

• How do I turn off the message that I need an oil change (after I have this done at my local speedy lube shop)?
    The fix, which I was told would be coming out in February, has obviously been delayed. The salesman now tells me that it may be another month or two. Also, the dealer has not heard what exactly this new "fix" entails. I sure hope it is the "triangle fix" discussed on Club Lexus. Here is the link below: It is an incredibly long discussion. The real fix was discovered by jmcraney. You will see his name countless times on the discussion.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls460-ls460l-and-ls600h-forum/352398-ls460-wind-- noise-fix-continued-discussion.html
123457»
This discussion has been closed.