Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Expedition Electrical Problems

• i would take the plastic off the colum unplug each connector make sure its dry and put dielectric grease in it.
  • @2818micheal said:
    I have a 2004 eddie bower when I bought it 2 years ago it worked perfect but my kids started playing with the sunroof and left it cracked open . I then ran it through a carwash and well I got soaked and so did the truck. The truck started draining the battery no codes in computer , I changed the battery 1st then the alternator. all of a sudden the truck says to check the charging system but the battery and alternator check out fine, now the radio isn't working properly volume control doesn't always work properly the only way to keep the battery charged is to disconnect the battery every time I turn the truck off the drain takes about 8 hours on a full charge. HELP PLEASE!!!!

• I can help !!!! on the ps r/ door.. Lift up the plastic footstep in the door jam right next to the rug just pull hard and lift and look for water and a wire harness if wet... keep plastic off and heat or air dry ..

For combined problem : Advantrac not working + 4x4 flashing + heated seats no power + headlight daylight sensor disabled + radio stays on when door opened + more

- CAUSE -
    There is a purple wire splice, under the driver door sill-plate, that is likely corroded at the splice. This wire is the UBP feed to the communication bus from the affected modules. It mimics some of the symptoms that occur due to moisture on the GEM module, so if the above description suits your problem, then it likely is the corroded splice.

- FIND and REPAIR -
    Remove the plastic sillplate / footplate. Cut away the black wire bundle wrapping. Find the purple wire that is spliced to two purple wires. Pull the wires with force at either end of the splice, if they come apart, cut back the wires and splice. If they don't come apart, then carefully cut away the heatshrink to inspect the splice, if it's okay, then remove the metal plate along the door sill and continue to inspect the wire rearward, and then follow the wire forward and up the column.

If you google for "ford expedition purple splice advantrac seats" you should be able to find similar posts. Good luck.
    ford.jpg 58K