Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volkswagen Cabrio Convertible Top Problems

12346»

Comments

• Try Rhino Glue for your split convt top seams,This is what the pros use.
    only $14.95 @ rhinoglue.com

• lauraa1lauraa1 Posts: 1
    I recently bought a 2002 VW Cabrio convertible. It has just started leaking and I haven't been able to figure out where it was coming from. This thread has given me ideas and immediately upon inspection, I noticed the rubber seals in the midde of the front windows on Both sides bowed out. I can't find the drain holes yet but it may be a different model. Thank you for having this thread and for all of the people contribuiting!

I do have one thing to add that hopefully is helpful. My top goes down but many times won't come back up. So I have to open the trunk and turn the metal lever as far as it will go. This drains the hydraulic fluid or something like that and then I can manually pull the top back on.

There IS supposed to be a fuse for the ABS hydraulic pump relay30, on mine, which is 2002 Cabrio. I don't know if there is one for the other years. I found the info on a site called fixya.com if anyone wants to see if it helps. Also the person I bought it from said they thought the top was broken until they found the fuse, so I know there is one.
    I haven't found the fuse yet because it has been raining and raining! Today I am going to go out and check the fuses out, but wanted to share this in case it helps anyone.

Thanks
12346»