Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi A4 Audio Questions

2»

Comments

• nuc318inuc318i Posts: 3
    that feature using to set mph u re driving so u re not speeding u can set it and cancel.
  • jimbodtxjimbodtx Posts: 4
    Does anyone own a 2005 A4 T 2.0 that does not have Quattro and if so, have you had any problems with it. Mine has 43,000 miles on it.
    Thanks
  • audifan9audifan9 Posts: 1
    I recently purchased a B7 A4 2.0T and planned on picking up the car this past weekend. The dealer called and said there was a problem. Apparently the radio that was in the car was not the factory correct radio and the mechanics realized it after failed attempts to try and get the installed radio to work. The previous owner attempted to install a factory Audi radio and removed the original. The car is being sent to Audi authorized dealer to have the correct radio installed which is also equipped with navigation system. I can not complain since the nav is an added bonus and I am not being charged. Has anybody heard of this before? At first I thought maybe the battery went dead and a code was needed to get the radio to work when I test drove the car. It sounds strange and I never heard of this before.
  • kmelbykmelby Posts: 3
    I have the same problem as the amp cuts in and out. Did you fix yours and what did you do?
  • I just signed up for a new 2010 A4 lease and anticipate picking up the vehicle by Christmas...my understanding is that the car comes pre-wired with satellite radio -- a few questions:

1. Does Audi provide a trial period for the satellite radio service (e.g. 3 months free)?
    2. If I already have satellite radio in another car (a Lexus), would I be able to provide XM with the radio ID for the Audi satellite radio and pay an incremental 2nd radio monthly fee as opposed to an entirely separate account?

Thanks for your input.
  • I lost radio reception (AM and FM) in my 2005+ A4 convertible this week for a few days; now it's back. Who knows what caused this - maybe a short in the antenna? I never lost my satellite radio reception during this time.

I was planning to have the dealer check it out a day this week, but now that it's working again, guess I should wait for it to happen again. The dealer guy said that the antenna is not in the windshield, as I'd assumed, but within some trunk wiring.
  • llogiquellogique Posts: 1
    I am having the same problem with the radio of my 2003 A4 1.8T Audi Cabriolet. When I got in my car last Friday morning, I had no radio reception. After the tuner went around the dial 4 times, it finally found a single station. The dealer said it was a wiring problem (in the trunk) and would take some time to troubleshoot. Since they already had me for $1100 (purge valve and oil gasket (and they are replacing the ignition coils under recall), I told them not to proceed. Suppose this could be fixed by a stereo-install shop?
  • nuc318inuc318i Posts: 3
    you may have a bad antenna recevier is in truck of vehicle it is a flat black module control the stereo system.
  • I have the same problem, anyone have an answer?

Thanks
  • In my 2008 Audi TT, the ipod runs off the module for the satellite radio.This module was faulty.It was faulty.They popped in a new one and solved the problem. iReplacing the module is simple
  • I have had the car for about 8 months now (it has about 80000 miles on it now) and Ive had no problems with this car at all. But lately, the radio and speakers have been on the fritz. It always started by just displaying "Phone" on the radio's display and it wouldn't let me do anything else on it (pushing any of the buttons on the radio didn't do squat). Usually I was able to turn the vehicle off and the radio would work again and stop showing that Phone message. But as of the past 5 to 6 days or so, It won't work at all! I am able to push the Load button and put CD's in and stuff, but the minute I push CD or FM on the head unit it goes strait back to displaying PHONE and won't play music. I didn't even think this model has phone capabilities. Is there any type of reset button on the head unit Im missing? Has anyone else had this problem? Any input would be SOOO Appreciated!! Or do I just need to get a new radio (which I don't really want to spend the money to get one)? Thanks for all the help to who all responds!!
  • Did you get your radio out of Phone mode? Mine's doing that now thanks to the sugar-water industry.
  • squareonesquareone Posts: 1
    edited November 2012
    Mine one a 2002 A4, audio unit developed a fault which drain on battery. It needs to be replaced. The part is 8E0057195, do I have to use this part (costs a small fortune) supplied by dealer or any Audi audio head that 'can fit in the slot' will work? How about 3rd party generic parts? I read report said the on-board computer may complain (as in here: non original audio )
    Any advice appreciated. Thanks
2»