Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Veracruz vs Hyundai Azera

nitegeeknitegeek Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Hyundai
How's does the VC compare to the Azera in ride are they built on the same base unit?

Comments

• mjb56mjb56 Posts: 170
    Well, one's a car and one's a truck. Although, the VC has an excellent ride and is very quiet, the Azera is still a luxury sedan with all the trappings. It's like comparing apples and screwdrivers.
  • carbuyer11carbuyer11 Posts: 114
    I want to make sure you have actually driven a Veracruz. It is anything but a "TRUCK". A truck is an F-150. A Veracruz is smooth, quiet and refined, anything but truck-like. I own a Honda Ridgeline which I always thought was a very refined vehicle for a small truck. The Veracruz's road habits make my Ridgeline feel almost crude.
    I own a Veracruz. The title says "TRUK". I agree that the ride is very refined. However, it doesn't have the float ride that a luxury sedan does. Don't get me wrong. I love my vehicle and wouldn't trade it for an Azera, which doesn't meet my needs. But I think they are vastly different vehicles. But you're right, it's not an F-150.
  • blnewtoblnewto Posts: 146
    Actually within the last couple weeks I've driven both the Azera & Veracruz. With the exception of the VCs higher stance and higher weight they provide a similar driving experience. Obviously the VC has more body roll from the higher stance and is a bit slower from the added bulk, but both vehicles are extremely quiet at highway speeds and in full trim are very upscale & refined. They do have very different intentions but both should be considered if you're wanting the most luxury & refinement for the lowest cost, throw in the best warranty just to seal the deal! IMO the VS is the best SUV/Crossover under $34k and the Azera the best Entry Lux Sedan under 32K and both equal their more expensive competitors w/ most important features.
    Agreed. I just had it out on a highway trip and it is extremely comfortable as a highway cruiser. At least as good as my old Chrysler T&C. All in all, I've got an AWD vehicle that gets about the same gas mileage with better features. Smart move, I'd say.
This discussion has been closed.
Hyundai Veracruz vs Hyundai Azera - Car Forums at Edmunds.com