Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Murano Questions

2»

Comments

• homeounerhomeouner Posts: 145
    Have any of you MO owners suspected that the engine thermostat was sticking open a little. My normal driving is 45 mph for 3 to 5 miles at a time. At 53K miles and for some months I have noticed water dripping from the right end of the rear muffler and some rust forming. I wire brushed the rust to prepare the surface for a coat of restoration paint. About a quart of water dripped out.
    I think a proper engine temp would boil out this water.

I feel the thermostat is not fully closed when cold causing a longer engine warm up. The Nissan service mngr. says the therms last forever? In south east Virginia the winters are mild, heat in 1 1/2 miles. With the rear muffler a long way from the engine there is apx. 12 feet of pipe tom cool the exhaust. An slightly open thermo. would make things worse to rust out the muffler.
  • chuckb4chuckb4 Posts: 12
    Please save me from my own stupidity/overeagerness. About a year ago I started looking at crossovers with the Murano my clear favorite. After looking at a lot of other vehicles, I'd decided on the Murano in January when deals were being made. I have multiple sclerosis which affects my ability to lift my legs. Unfortunately, they have gotten much worse in the past year, and I didn't recheck the step in height on the Murano in January in my eagerness to buy the car. So I have a beautiful black SL AWD that I have great difficulty getting into and out of. I've now checked it against other vehicles that I can access and I think I'll be all right if I can lower the driver's seat by 2.5 inches. I've looked on the Internet for way to lower the suspension but really haven't found a viable solution. Does anyone have a solution? I'm in southeastern Wisconsin, so can get to Chicago or Milwaukee pretty easily. Thanks for your help.
  • nybeelknybeelk Posts: 1
    Hi - I just leased a 2009 Nissan Murano S - AWD and stopped on a Stop sign while on a steep hill. As the light turned green and i started moved from the brake to the accelerator, the Car started to roll back the hill. I was suprised as i thought that the cars come with the Hill hold type of feature ? Does any one know if Murano dosnt / has it ?
  • kjsmittykjsmitty Posts: 25
    You can get a perfectly equivalent hitch online for less than $150 and the loom/wiring harness is only $55. I installed my hitch in the driveway in 45 min. I have the harness as well yet have not taken the time to install. Looks easy however - plug and play for the most part.
  • Do you have an 09 Murano? The 2009 is completely different from previous years and requires removing the interior panels at the rear to get to the wiring harness. It took the dealer over 4 hours to install!
  • Is there a way to get around with playing movie on DVD screen while the car is in motion?

It's my boy who need to watch wiggles while in the car.
    I have heard it can be done, but dont think Nissan will do that. Will any outside repair able to do this?

Will it require alot of dismentelling of the car's audio control?
    Thanks for any feedback.
  • Take charge and tell the kid he needs to wait until he's home to watch it. It's a SAFETY ISSUE! If you screw with the nav you'll probably void the warranty at the expense of a happykid (and maybe even get you a ticket from an alert cop).
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 39,059
    By the time you mess with trying to get around the lock-out stuff, it'd probably be cheaper and less hassle just to go buy a portable DVD player from Best Buy or Amazon for $100.
  • I wouldnt recomend a murano, i have a 2004 sl. I had and still have nothing but problems with this car. under warranty a whole slew of things were done, now i need about 5k, after 4.5 years and 78k, to fix it. After going through this i regret spending money and buying this peice garbage. I had eningine mount replace around 35K and still i need to replace it now. other things i have to do. hub assembly/bearing, engine mount, lower control arms, tie roads, axle seals are bad and so many things. buying this car the worse decision i have ever made. I should have known better after what my sister went through with her altima. I wouldnt recomend this.
  • I just bought a 2011 Murano without the Nav. Can a built in Nav be installed since it already has a 7 inch screen in it? I didn't want to pay $1700 extra and not get the $1000 rebate.
  • How does the AWD system work in the 2011 Nissan Murano? Also, how does it compare to the one in a Honda CR-V and Subaru Outback for example?
2»