Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2008 Infiniti G35

Does anyone know when the 2008 models will be available?

Comments

• billyperks1billyperks1 Posts: 151
    Devan Infinit in Fairfield CT told me October- the wait is killing me with these new models.I am waiting to see the refresh GS 350, the new TL and the refresh G35.
  • nick323nick323 Posts: 2
    One dealer told me the 2008 G35 sedan would be available in Mid-September, another stated October. Not clear that they themselves know with any certainty. According to the Nissannews web site, the modifications for the 2008 model year are as follows:

2008 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

The 2008 G35 Sedan builds on the second-generation 2007 model’s myriad revisions, which included a next-generation 306-horsepower 3.5-liter V6; a striking new exterior defined by the sleek wave form hood, signature G-style taillights and pushed-back A-pillars for an athletic stance; a crafted, Takumi-inspired interior environment; and the audiophile-quality Infiniti Studio on Wheels by Bose.

The 2008 G Sedan offers a Sport Package for the G35X AWD model for the first time in G history and also receives minor refinements for the new model year.

Enhancements to the 2008 G Sedan include:
    - All-new Sport Package available for G35x AWD model (late availability)
    - New 18-inch Tire and Wheel Package for G35x AWD (late availability)
    - Revised Technology and Navigation Packages
    - Infiniti iPod Interface
    - Driver’s Audio Stage
    - Standard XM® Satellite Radio (requires XM® subscription, sold separately)
  • ghstudioghstudio Posts: 920
    Dealers order new models 2 months prior to announcement....you have to speak to the sales manager or whoever orders the cars. If they are coming in Sept, then the dealer ordered them at the beginning of July.
  • I would rather wait to see the car up close and personal.
    I hope they move the fog lights back to where they belong.
  • scottm123scottm123 Posts: 1,501
    I hope they move the fog lights back to where they belong.

/\ +1
  • lburianlburian Posts: 5
    I'm a new car buyer. My existing car works fine but I'm ready for a new one and likely will buy the G35x. Given that I'm in no particular rush, is there any downside to my waiting to see the 2008 models? I have a dealer now willing to sell me a 2007 at $500 over invoice - - should I be concerned that I will not get as good an offer on the 2008 model? Would the 2008 be more expensive at invoice? Also, how likely is it that there will be new/different color choices on the 2008? There is nothing mentioned about colors in the Nissan site you posted - - does that mean nothing new? Thx.
    There may be one or 2 slight color changes, but I wouldn't expect anything more than that.
    If you can afford close to MSRP, the wait for an 08 would be great.
    If you're looking to save a few bucks, I'd go with an 07.
    There's no major changes, so the $2,000 in savings would be a great thing!
  • ortegaortega Posts: 57
    Actually, the 08 model will offer a sport package for the AWD model and 18" wheels for the first time. If that has any value for you, then you might want to wait for the 08 - obviously at a higher cost OTD though.
  • sweendogysweendogy Posts: 1,051
    will this happen if so my 2007 g35x will be for sale asap??
    lol

I'll admit, if I see a 6 speed in the 08 G35x, I'm most likely in line also...although the wife may think otherwise.
  • Scott enlighten me, what does the symbol means?
    What symbol are you talking about.... Mt Fugi?
    Oh, you're talking about /\ +1

That just means that I agree with what you said above.
    I thought you were referring to the Infiniti symbol. :confuse:
  • nick323nick323 Posts: 2
    I read in the June edition of Automobile Magazine (during their review of the G37) that "The six-speed manual transmission is a revised version of the one in the current G35 sedan. Nissan engineers worked to reduce NVH and have also modified the clutch engagement. Both changes will be shared with the sedan starting in 2008." I subsequently learned that NVH means Noise, Vibration and Harshness, which was one of the complaints I have seen G35 Sports 6MT owners post. The clutch engagement was another complaint. Has anyone else heard about this independently from the magazine article? Anyone know if this change was made to late 2007 production runs? How would one verify this as I doubt Infiniti would release a press release on such a technical modification? If this is true, sounds like this would be a reason to wait for the 2008 6MT. Thank you.
  • sweendogysweendogy Posts: 1,051
    anyone have an answer on this??
    I asked my dealer a few weeks ago about the 2008 G35x Sport and he had no idea what I was talking about.
    He said that he heard about that happening with the M... but not the G.

I was hoping for prices, package options, and the availability of a 6-Speed in the X... he had no idea what I was talking about.
    I said, just another example of how buyers know more than the sales people.
  • cadreamncadreamn Posts: 56
    Just saw this listing on an Infiniti dealership website:

http://primeinfiniti.com/New-VehicleResearch.aspx

Appears to be ordering information (without pricing) for 2008 models, which provides more details on the changes announced by Nissan, e.g.:

- Sport Package (optional on Journey and AWD models)
    - Revised Nav and Tech packages (Nav adds rear-view monitor, tech adds pre-crash seatbelts)
    - iPod interface (added to Premium package)
  • lburianlburian Posts: 5
    You are awesome!! Thank you so much! These two changes to the packages are EXACTLY what I was hoping for. I wanted the Premium and Nav packages for sure - - but was only interested in the Tech package for the back-up camera. I was also hoping for an iPod interface. Two follow-up questions:

1) How likely do folks think it is that there will be any new color choices for the 2008? If someone sees info. on that pls post.

2) A dealer offered to sell me the '07 at $500 over invoice + destination charge. Should I expect that I will not be able to get that good of a deal when the '08's are new?
  • ocg35manocg35man Posts: 52
    Answer to your question #2

A quotation of $500 over invoice + destination charge is not a good deal actually IT IS A BAD DEAL

The reason is an Invoice contains destination charge already. So what they are quoting you is about $1200 or $1300 over invoice, which at the time is really not a
    good deal at all.

Remember, destination charge is not like a doc fee, tax,
    or license fee. It is part of selling price not a seperate
    line item.

Don't get sucked into paying extra $700 or so.

good luck
  • esfoadesfoad Posts: 210
    Anyone know if Infiniti has any plans to up the auto transmission to 6 gears to improve highway mileage? This would make me look at the G35 more seriously to replace my '05 G35X. I can live with premium fuel or 28MPG highway but with $3.00 gas I can't live with premium fuel and 23MPG.