Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2008 Infiniti G35

Comments

• scottm123scottm123 Posts: 1,501
    I heard October from my dealer.
  • My dealer said November, but he was willing to order one now (and take my money) at $2000 over invoice.
  • jblaze13jblaze13 Posts: 152
    My dealer told me a couple weeks. I'm certainly going to wait to see if the 2008 sedan will prompt incentives on the 07 for September.
  • Hello,

I am selling my '05 G35, got a guy driving about 150 miles to pickup next weekend. I am looking for a new black/black journey with premium, nav and technology packages. Nobody has any from what I can see on their dealer inventories on their web sites.

I am thinking I may need to defer the sale until the 08's hit the lots. Does anybody have a good idea on when they will be showing up? I don't want to lose this buyer.

Thanks!
  • I have heard 08's will start showing up "sometime in October" from 2 dealers. Good luck.
  • What dealer did you buy from. $33585 is way low. Are you sure you got the premium package ? The 2 dealers in my area (Minneapolis) told me no can do at this price. Best I could do so far is $37165 MRSP and dealer will take off $1500 thus- selling price roughly $35600. Does anyone agree. is 36000.00 a good price for left over 2007?
  • I think you could do better. Mine was MSRP $37615.00 bought $35,757 (incl. dest. -- Premium, wood trim,cargo net, mud guards). Not a great price in my book, but I would think if you live where there are multiple dealers you should be able to do better on an '07.
  • sweendogysweendogy Left lanePosts: 1,160
    I bot a G35x in may and payed 36500 for premium navigation and splashguards along with the cargo net --I think MSRP was 39100 so I do think you could do a little better as the 08's come to town along with multi dealers in the area --
  • Just noticed that the 2008 G sedan quick-reference guide and user manual are already on the Infiniti website. They contain info on new features such as the iPod interface system, etc. Go to http://www.infiniti.com and search on "2008 G sedan".
  • GREAT find on the 2008 quick ref guide and owners manual. Thanks for passing that along.

I'm waiting for the 2008 G35x to arrive. Both dealers in Minneapolis indicated November arrival but did not know early/late in month.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if they began arriving in October as some posters indicated. From Infiniti's point of view, it's best if perception is that the arrival of the new model is farther off. Makes it easier for dealers to move the 2007s in September without discounting too much.

Then if the 2008s just happen to arrive a little early in October, all the better to help hit those Q4 sales targets.
  • I spoke to a rep. at Infinity this morning (Sept 14th). She said today (Sept 14th) was the day they were to debut the 2008 G35 sedans but they haven't shipped any yet. She also said Infiniti will probably move that date further out.
    Nothing we didn't already know.
    Hurry up and wait.
  • My dealership let me know that they will receive the 2008 G35 the week of October 7th or even earlier.
  • Just noticed 2008 G Sedan pricing info now posted on http://www.nissannews.com. Besides what's already posted in this forum, another new item stated was a new color "Desert Platinum." Also says sedans are "on sale now". Would like to hear when anyone has seen one arrive :)
  • I got mine on Sept 5th (No premium or wood trim, did have splash guards and cargo net) for 32600 + tags and tax. I was offered one with premium for 1900 more, and one with all previous and nav for additional 100 - very similar numbers.
  • This was a 2008? What dealer? What model? Please elaborate.
  • Just picked up a 2008 G sedan brochure from my local dealer and checked out the available colors and combinations. As noted earlier in posts, Desert Platinum replaces Serengeti Sand (exterior) but color chips look nearly identical. Same 3 interiors are offered (wheat, stone, graphite) with rosewood trim only available with wheat or graphite except on Sport/6MT models. However, there are changes listed to available exterior/interior color combinations. After eyeballing both lists, I've noted what appear to be the following new and discontinued combinations. Note exteriors are abbreviated and I just replaced Serengeti Sand (SS) with Desert Platinum (DP) since they are so close:

Newly available in 2008:
    LP/Wheat (non-sport/6MT), PG/Wheat (non-sport/6MT), BS/Wheat (non-sport/6MT), GE/Stone (non-sport/6MT)

No longer available in 2008:
    IP/Graphite (sport/6MT), DP/Graphite (all models), LS/Graphite (sport/6MT)
    I wanted Blue Slate on Wheat when I bought my 07, but it wasn't available. I had to go with Blue Slate on Graphite.
    I see that it is now for 08.

That was a good decision on Infiniti's part... they must have noticed numerous people asking for it.
    I even asked for it to be special ordered, but they declined.

That's gonna be a very good looking combo.
  • Did they palce the foglights underneath the headlights?
  • Funny you should say that because I'm re-thinking my color choices for my 08 based on this. For 07 I really like Black/Wheat/Wood, but wondering about effort to maintain Black, extra heat in car, etc. Also considering Lakeshore with same interior to remediate above but prefer look of Black. Wondering if Blue Slate/Wheat/Wood might be a good middle ground?

Scott - you think much difference in heat/upkeep of Blue Slate vs. Black? Normally I would say yes, but there's lots of Blue Slates here and they seem to be showing more dirt than I would have expected.
  • Fog lights appear to be same in 08 looking at brochure - in fact, they reused a lot of pics from the 07 brochure.
    I would not know... my car is hand washed anytime it sees any form of dust :P

Heat wise, it's been great... not too hot.
    It does show more dirt than something in a silver color, but it's MUCH better than black.

I spend hours on top of hours with my car's finish and even I'm not willing to go the Black route.

I'm lovin the Blue Slate though.
    It's a great color which changes with different angles of light, but looks black at night.
    Best of both worlds, IMO.
  • shov8shov8 Posts: 87
    Another thing to keep in mind is that you can't get the sport package on the '08 with the wheat interior. The 2007 G35 was the same way; the '07 G35 Sport is only available in stone or graphite. Makes me :mad:. Why can I buy a 2008 G35 Journey in Blue Slate / Wheat but not when I get the sport package? Do the paddle shifters not work with that color interior?? :confuse:

kc
  • Yeah I hear you :). Luckily I'm not considering Sport - my guess is that they don't think Wheat is a "sporty" enough color. Although begs question why they didn't have it on all non-sports last year. Guess they need to save some things for new ;)
    I'm in NE, have a crazy commute and after a long hard look at all the variables, came to the conclusion that AWD was a must.
    The Sport tempted me a lot though.

Once I was dead set on my color choice, it was the last nail in the coffin for the Sport option, as I wanted the wood trim. Wood trim is not available in the sport.
    The dealer offered me the after-market wood trim and showed me a model with it installed...yuck.

I wanted the Blue Slate/Wheat/Wood package, but in 07, it was not available.
    (I think the centerfold in the brochure convined me :P )
    If I was shopping this year... that'd be the winner for me.
    I like the wood trim too, and forgot to mention in my post on colors that it is not available with the Sport model/package. As I live in the North GA/Atlanta area, AWD is not as big of a concern as it would be in the NE. I guess Infiniti doesn't want you to be enjoying the luxury wheat leather with wood trim while paddle-shifting your car like a hot-rod ;)

kc
    The dealer just called and said my '08 G35 just arrived on the truck :) The official delivery date isn't until two more weeks so it's a nice surprise. He said there was another '08 G35 on the truck as well. Unfortunately, due to the late hour they won't be able to PDI the car until Monday. And of course, I won't be taking delivery until the 3M clear bra is applied :)

:D

kc
  • Congrats! (in advance). I saw about 5 on a dealer's backlot today in NJ and heard about another seen on a lot in Ohio. The eagles have landed! ;)
  • I picked up my 2008 G35 Journey Black/Wheat/Rosewood trim/Premium/Nav yesterday in Dallas. The car is very very hot!! The back-up camera is a fantastic feature, the engine is powerful... nothing bad to say about the car, I love it!!
    By the way, I paid VPP ($35,240 including wheel lock), and it is true even if many dealerships tell you that they can't do it. If you are eligible for VPP, ask them if they will do it on the 08, and if they tell you that Infiniti does not offer it, they are lying and you should shop somewhere else.
  • Congrats! - I am looking at the exact same specs on an 08, except G35x and also VPP. I agree they should offer it - both dealers I spoke with said they would honor VPP. I'm doing a little more shopping re: doc fees and extras. Also making sure I'm ready to deal with the care-and-feeding of a black car ;) (planning to check out some of the new colors available with wheat/wood which are expected on some lots within the next 2 weeks).

Enjoy!