Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suzuki SX4 front end noises and shimmy

2»

Comments

• morin2morin2 Posts: 399
    David,

www.pure-gas.org lists ethanol-free fuel by state.

I have none locally, but when I travel long-distance, I enter the coordinates into my GPS and use ethanol-free fuel exclusively where its available for improved performance and fuel economy.
  • joeyrabjoeyrab Posts: 65
    Thanks for the info.
    I have been looking at this car now for 3 years or so. I really like it. When the time comes, I will be driving this car first.
  • prismbprismb Posts: 2
    I just sold my Toyota Highlander which was not good on gas with the AWD 3.3 motor.
    I can't find a car that I like except for the 2012 Suzuki SX :confuse: 4. Yet some website said it was the 7th unsafe car to drive. Is this true?

Does anyone have a 2011 or 2012 that can share some of their experiences with me. This model seems to have everything I want in a crossover/hatchback and yet not so much money. I love the standard look not funkey as alot of them seem to be getting....funk is only cute with the tiny ones, not on crossovers or hatchbacks.
    prismb, When I researched the SX-4 before I bought one last year, I didn't read anything that made me the least apprehensive about safety. Its loaded with airbags, curtains, etc. My everyday commute route is a dangerous one with many high-speed accidents. In fact, my SX-4 replaced an 09 Subaru Outback that was hit from behind at 65 mph by a young kid in an Impala while I was stopped at a red light and totalled. I'm always aware of the danger of my commute route, see many fatalities, yet feel secure in my SX-4. My only concern is that I'll be hit from behind by speeding maniacs. If I could buy a tank that got 32 mpg and cost under 16K, then that would be an option.
  • Hi,

We bought a 2012 Suzuki SX4 in March I think...maybe April? Anyway, I researched it as well, and I was surprised to see that 7th unsafest article. They added stability control on the 2012, and the research I did reflected what your other reply did...maybe not the totally safest in the world, but not the 7th unsafest from what I saw. I used to have a Tracker, and this car drives like my manual Tracker did several years ago (90s). It has a sporty feel to it so I feel as if I get a sporty car that is plenty big for my 8 year olds to grow up in, tons of trunk space, and although I wouldn't take a curve at 75 in it...I wouldn't take one in really any vehicle.

I think if you are considering cars that are affordable and roomy enough for a couple of kids...maybe even three...and two adults, plenty of trunk space, and a sporty ride (this is not a luxury smooth super ride, but you aren't paying for one and the ride is fun and we enjoy it), and that are reasonably safe it isn't a bad idea. I wish my remote entry thing had a trunk release on it, but otherwise so far I wouldn't change anything else.

As for the interior, I'm not sure why people would complain. I am short, and this seat is up high enough for me to see well, I can reach controls, and there is plenty of room. There is room in the cabin for all four of us and another in the back if they had a friend with us, and it's the first car I ever had that I really felt comfortable driving. I am guessing it wasn't made for tall people maybe, but since it is higher than some cars I think there is plenty of room for anyone.

We don't regret the choice at all so far, and the warranty is nice, too. The used cars we considered cost almost or as much as this car new, and we have a great warranty that we wouldn't have had with the high mileage used ones. The service people have made sure we know they are there if we need them, too, and maybe it isn't perfect, but we really like it so far. I even got a color I love.
  • hondadave7hondadave7 Posts: 27
    A safe or unsafe car is 96% dependent on the driver.
    The government has successfully convinced people
    that NO one has to be responsible anymore.
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,016
    edited June 2012
    4% is a pretty big number.

Of course, it's really significant if you're one of the ones affected.

Stability control is a big plus imho.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• prismbprismb Posts: 2
    Thanks for all your imput. Although I don't see many of these cuties out there on the road, it
    will make my (new to be) Suzuki unique and will stand out in the parking lot as a different vehicle from all the rest. I like that part. I'm going out today to purchase one. Sedan vs hatchback but want front wheel drive regardless. I don't need AWD. Hope they have what I want as there are very few dealers in my area and I have to travel a long way to get to one.
    Check out the Inventory tool here.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

edited June 2012
    prismb, I don't know where you are located, but check out the internet pricing at www.fitzmall.com. I am a repeat customer and recommend them without reservation. Their internet prices are real.

And please let us know what you get!
    I keep forgetting that Fitzmall sells stuff besides Toyota and Subaru.

2»