Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lincoln Town Car Noises/Clunks/Squeaks

2»

Comments

• cdberkmancdberkman Posts: 7
    Funny that you brought that up. Thanks, but that was another problem that I fixed a long time ago. I had to get rid of the car a few months ago due to engine compression problems and was in the process of replacing the front stabilizer bushing just before that. I will never know what that noise was. I bought another 2004 and it had that same annoying noise coming from the hood so recognizing that noise led me straight to it. Now same year car, less miles, no accidents, one owner, and the car drives like brand new and most importantly..........NO WEIRD NOISES!
  • todd007etodd007e Posts: 4
    ok, i have recently changed my iac, on my 1999 town car with 80,000 miles on it. it was stalling before when i turned the ac on.. any ways that problem went away, now last week istarted to get this humming noise from the iac, or the throttle body, maybe the plastic box muffler thing that goes from the iac to the back of the air intake tube... i thought it was gonna be the iac, but i just changed it again and it still does it. the noise is when im at idle or just coasting, it is so annoying and defently can hear it from outside/ inside the car. the noise will stop when i give it some gas.. any thought on here???? im really not wanting to take it in a shop and they tell me something crazy!!!
    To be clear, is it a humming noise or does it sound like a gurgling noise?
    this noise here is a humming sound, or howling noise... i also have a dang gurgling noise at a very slight press of the gas pedal, but no shop has been able to figure that out either, lol
  • I took My 2000 Lincoln towncar to the shop to have a new alternator and battery put in.
    Since then when riding along; I have this sound that mimics the sound of the engine.
    along with the hearing the engine( if that makes any since). I returned it to the shop and the
    machanic can't find the problem. Any suggestions?
    If it sounds like its coming from the speaker, you may have a bad ground wire. Common when tbe alternater/battery are touched. There is normally a capacitor in line to stop electrical noises from feeding into tbe stereo system. Other option is Radio Shack. You will want a noise filter.
    after all this work... it came down to thatt the noise was from the autozone iac, i guess the holes where just differant enough to make that hum noise..which drove me nuts.. i bought the ford iac from the dealer and put it on, and BAM.. sound is now gone.. thank goodness
  • bigbug369bigbug369 Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    I have the same problem with my car 2000 Lincoln I've repair the IAC twice and the sound is still there. I've heard it can also be the hooter hose but it seems to be in good condition. Its just a head ache and the noise is loud and annoying. Please help. I bought the part from Auto zone twice do I have to buy it from the Ford dealership.
  • BODY MOUNTS! for the sound of suspension when in motion with vehicle and turning towards either direction. :smiley:
2»