Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mitsubishi Montero Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• pwinn1pwinn1 Posts: 2
    I have a 2003 Yukon Denali. When I excelerate, it seems very loud. Any suggestions?
  • I have a '01 montero sport and I love it. It has over 90000 miles on it. Last time I had a full maintainance done was in 2004 and they didn't change the timebelt (for cost purposes). I am a graduate student and $$ is little low. The montero has been making some strange noise when I reverse, it's the breaks!! I took it to the shop and I was quoted an extremely high price. How hard is it to change the rotor and the breaks yourself? what is the muscle power and time commitment (for an average female)? I changed oil a couple of years back with my dad.
  • mujmanmujman Posts: 29
    Check this link below for CD changer -

https://www.mitsubishiparts.com/product_info.php/cPath/25_37/products_id/125/osC- sid/011c50ad5684abe4e867225cde56caf4
  • hbuhbu Posts: 1
    Got the same story "replace 4 solenoids". I had my dealer replace just the freewheel solenoid and this cured the flashing light problem. Thanks for your information.
  • I have a 2001 Mitsubishi Montero Sport. It has a 109000 miles on it and i love it, i just have these 2 problems with it but i dont know what they are, the first one is that everytime i just drive my car a little bit down the road, this burning smell comes from the engine, no smoke its just a burning smell. ANNYY CLUE WHAT IT COULD BEEEE..also when im driving down the road i can here a slight grinding noise from my left front tire..ANNYYYYYY ANSWERSSS WOULD BE HELPFULLLLLLLLLLL
  • dmuttdmutt Posts: 48
    You most likely have a cam seal oil leak. they are located on the back of the engine head. Hard to see. Need to fix.

The grinding noise on the front wheel could be a disc brake issue or front axle hub bearing.
  • Thank your for that information, i figured i had a oil leak bc it smells like burning oil, why do i need to fix that, will that cause my oil to drain out faster?
    Oil leaking from the head could cause a fire, if engine gets extremely warm or oil drips onto exhaust. Also, others have reported other parts failing due to oil getting on them. Alternator for example.
  • Oh okay thank you so much for the information, i plan on getting rid of it in the next couple months because i want something better on gas, so im not going to bother getting it fixed. I plan on getting the 2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse. Thank you for all the help
  • Recently my montero sport 2001 has been running funny when i first start it up, its sputtering and shaking, any idea what this could be??
  • nthenthe Posts: 414
    i have the same problem with a 2001 montero sport. i am trying to change the fuse, but can't find the correct fuse box. the manual shows that 2 fuse boxes in the passenger compartment, and the fuse that i need to get to is in the box i can't find. Or if anyone can tell me where the correct fuse is, that might be easier. Thanks for the help.
  • On my 2001 Montero Sport, there is a button calle A/T Mode. Does anyone no what this button means or does or what is it for?? when i push it alls it says is HOLD. What does this button do??
    It starts the transmission in 2nd gear. For icy,snowy, slick road conditions.
  • weldweld Posts: 1
    under the fender cover
  • gfwynngfwynn Posts: 3
    I have a 2001 Montero Sport and had to replace the battery. I have the code to restart my radio but do not know how to enter it. Any suggestions?
    mujman, did you ever get an answer to your problem? I have the same problem and can't figure out how to enter the code. I need help because it is just tooo quiet in my car! Thanks, gwynn
  • mujmanmujman Posts: 29
    Hey gfwynn - I think my name came up mistakenly as I own a Montero Limited not a Montero Sport. But fixing the radio problem can be same- this is what you have to do for Montero Limited Radio fix - it may work for your car as well -
    Some radio codes are on top of the radio, and can be seen by removing the fascia trim (aka bezel) surrounding the radio - often you can read the number without having to pull the radio out at all. Usually the surrounds pop off with a butter knife and removing some screws from the fascia.
    Thanks! I was able to get the radio going and it is sooo nice to have music! I appreciate your response. I was at my wits end trying to figure this out. Thank you! :shades:
  • 6731 is the code
  • Try using the numbered buttons to enter 6731, then press AM/FM...it should come right on. You can also take the radio out and get the serial numbers, call a dealership and they will give you a code.