Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Expedition Brake Problems

2»

Comments

• 150jb150jb Posts: 1
    IM WORKING ON A 2000 EXPERDITION PROBLEM PEDAL GOING TO FLOOR.
    I CHANGE THE MASTER 3X WITH NEW VALUES ON THE MASTER ,BLEED THE BRAKE SYSTEM AND ABS A NUMBER OF TIMES NO LEAKS AT WHEELS OR CALIPERS ANY SUGGESTION
  • I have a 2007 ford exp. el I have had the master cylinder repalced 3 times and still have brake peddel going to the floor I have to take it back to ford again.
    I think its a defect in the brake system
  • I have a 06 expedition with 75K miles. Recently it has started to jerk, or kind of lunge forward when the brakes are applied. It does this continually while the brakes are applied. Wondering if this is the transmission issue that I have been reading about on here or something to do with the brakes?
  • I have a 07 Expedition EL with 74K and it is doing the lunging thing sometimes. I don't know if it's brakes or trans. I can be applying the brakes and put the truck into neutral while it is doing the lunging and it doesn't change. I would assume that if the truck isn't in drive then it wouldn't be the trans. The truck isn't under warranty anymore or I'd take it to the dealer. Do you have any suggestions?
  • What do you mean by "doing the lunging thing sometimes"? That isn't really a description of anything. Do you mean while slowing down you feel pulsation? If that is the case it is likely warped rotors.Have you ever had the brakes done? Rotors?
  • In the message board, "while braking to a stop the vehicle has a lunge to it" with steady rpms and with steady braking. It's not a vibration from rotors, those would do it all the time in the same conditions, this feels like someone is pumping the brakes only you don't feel it in the pedal. This truck only does it after it seems to warm up, or been driven several miles which kinda points me in the direction of a transmission problem more than an ABS problem. But this is why I tried braking with the vehicle in neutral and the problem continued. I'm thinking I have a ABS problem now and I'm just trying to figure out if this is a brake shop issue or a transmission shop issue.
  • Have you ever done the rotors? At 74k you have got to be near their end of life, even if they have been turned before. The pulsing from rotors is not consistent over time because the wheels wind up in differentorientations to each other over tiem. A little slippage here or there, a larger number of turns one way or the other. It also would vary with applied pressure and the speed your are decelerating from. Try a hard stop from a high speed. Does the wheel start to shake and the pulsing get strong?
2»