Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jetta vs Civic vs TDI vs GTI

2»

Comments

• thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    Of course you know that things like seat comfort, interior layout, and gauges are very subjective. :) I do find the Jetta to be a nice vehicle, but the engine, weight, and poor fuel economy were a turn off for me. My Accord was quicker, sounded better accelerating, roomier, as fun to drive (personal opinion of course ;)) and cost about the same as a Jetta when I was shopping a couple of years ago. Getting better fuel economy than the compact Jetta in my midsize Accord was a bonus (VW has since improved the 2.5L to have more power and better economy, but it still isn't as good as my Accord's). I'd have a hard time stepping back to a Civic OR a Jetta from my Accord, but at least the Civic has great mileage and a low price.

I really want to like VW (I think their cars as a whole look great and are feature packed), but knowing too many reliability nightmares put me off from them.

Birmingham's VW dealer is VERY well-known for being worthless in customer service, so that helps cross VW off my list for now, as well.
2»
This discussion has been closed.