Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jeep Commander Windshield Whistling

2»

Comments

• iris0iris0 Posts: 1
    i was wondering if any one had a problem with the driver side door opening toooo much. as in if any door was easily forced open to cause the door to come apart from the frame of the jeep. Could there be a recall on the doors? I purchased it like it is and didnt realize it until a few weeks later. i thought the whistling sound came from a seal but it wasnt, its coming from the gap in the door. the history came up clean no accidents/ damages so someone had to cover it up. i bought it used its an 08 commander. it appears the door was pushed so far opened the mirror hit the side of the jeep, the dents match. any one have any suggestions?
  • I had the same problem. The wonderful whistling windshield. The windshield whistling disappeared only after a rock hit my windshield and I had the windshield replaced.
  • mandaamandaa Posts: 1
    I just bought an 06 commander a few months ago, after reading these posts i finally found out why my car likes to whistle. its really really annoying. But where or how did you get these seals or trims or what ever you wanna call them? do you get them at the dealer and have them put it on or what? or is it done by getting your windshield replaced?
  • My 2006 Jeep Commander was also whistling on the highway. What I did was adjust the roof rack. I spaced the front and rear bars further away from eachother, my car hasn't whistled since. It's been 2 years. Thank you Greg
  • itabotitabot Posts: 105
    i know you posted this quite a while ago but because i also had windshield replaced which has since resulted in intermittent water leaks into the front passenger side i'm wondering what you did to finally stop that leaking.

last year leaking stopped (after ruining a $1500 bag) after i had the sunroof drains cleaned out. now i have the leak and cleaning out the sunroof drains has not helped.

I have the technical service bulletions jeep published on this and those TSBs blame the door seals; repairs will total anywhere from $700-1,200. tomorrow it goes to a windshield repair shop to see if it is indeed a windshield seal issue or the door seals as the technical service bulletion states.

so, if you have had good results stopping the leak simply by repairing the windshield seals, please let me know.

thank you.
    yes, my drivers door swings open too much. and given the commanders other problems i am afraid that it too will fall off. please let me know if you were able to find a safety recall, TSB or just a solution to this problem.
    thank you for posting this TSB #. 4+years I'm making use of the information. thank you.
  • cdawg2cdawg2 Posts: 3
    Well, they Never could fix it. I just had the whistle, never the leak( that would have meant , good bye long before now) I did ,traded for 2011 Grand Cherokee, LOVE IT, LOVE IT ,LOVE IT, rides 100% better than the commander. Do miss some of the extra back space but the GOOD outweighs the BAD by ten fold. Good Luck.
2»