Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cougar Support Group - A New Start

Comments

• fish8fish8 Posts: 2,282
    What were you doing to throw your back out at 2AM in the morning? Forget it, don't answer that!!!!

Regarding Cougarfest, it depends when it is.
  • Just wondering what people think of their rearview mirror. My first impression was that it looked cheap...I'm considering one of those "luxury" day/night electrochromatic temp/compass mirrors. They are about $240 in the Mercury Accessories Catalog. Not cheap by any means, but they sure are cool =)

catscratch
  • rickelrickel Posts: 34
    I had never heard of the new Cougar until I saw one on U.S. Route 3 near West Chester, PA, one fateful day last year.

I was driving my sister home from Reading, and we pulled up behind this wicked looking red car. It caught my eye, and I strained to see what it was.

"It's a Cougar!" says my sis. I replied, "That's the car I am buying!"

And on March 3rd, 2000, about four months later, I signed my John Hancock and took possession of my Y2K Cat!

From the time that I decided to buy my Cougar, until the day I did so, I saw not a single ad for the Cat. All of my information came from the Mercury website, and other online sources.

While I like that there are few Cougars around, and my car is rare enough to get glances, I dislike the notion that lack of sales will lead to its demise. It is a fantastic car for the price, and a joy to behold. What is L/M's problem?

At any rate...the neighbors in my community sure like my car.

As do I!

Rick
  • burnsmr4burnsmr4 Posts: 318
    Fish8 -- re: my back, I had thrown it out earlier in the day moving some furniture around my apartment :-)

I believe CougarFest2000 will be in September. Would be kind of fun. Caravaning from Atlanta? Wow, what a drive. I wonder, though, if my bare bones V6 would look out of place amongst other, more formidable V6 Cougars.

Later,
    burnsmr4
    Cougarfest sounds great, but it seems like a long drive for just one day of activities. But, I have not ruled it out yet.

Well, My Cat goes back to the dealer first thing tomorrow morning. Coming back from a weekend away(2 hour drive) my AC did not seem like it was cold enough. Also, when I got home from the trip there was a LARGE puddle of water steaming from the engine compartment. I know the AC will "drain" some water do to humidity, but this was TONS of water. It continued to come out for about 1 hour. This happened before and they said they fixed it. It appears they haven't. I am PISSED. I am going to tell them to FIND the problem and fix it once and for all and not to call me until its fixed AND give me a car to drive while my Cat is in the shop. Other than this persistant problem, I love this car.

See ya all in the morn!!
  • lmigliorelmigliore Posts: 148
    Well, I shined up the cat and drove it towards the beach at Santa Cruz today. On the way I saw some smoke up ahead. It was an old Beetle with flat gray paint, running down the road and cooking up a storm. Traffic was such that I had to go right behind it before passing the miserablecrate. I immediately got tons of oil spray on my windshield (and the rest of the car!). Ecch.

I cleaned up the windshield at the next gas station but the whole front of the cat was gummed with oil. Ecch ecch.

At least it comes off with soap. How long can a car run if its spurting actual liquid oil?
  • rickelrickel Posts: 34
    The VW Bug engine of yore is reknowned for being able to operate when other engines would have been long dead. But spurting oil? It's just a matter of how fast the oil is coming out, and when it is all gone, the engine will sieze up and become a boat anchor, like any other.

Hopefully, that Toxic Bug is now dead of natural causes, and you will never cross its path again!

Cheers!
    Rick
  • badulahbadulah Posts: 961
    Even though I was tired and sick, I still managed to make it to the New York City Auto Show on Saturday. Although I never managed to meet up with Jimbo_G (where were you Jimbo?). The show was good, but I really thought it was going to be larger. The crowds were HUGE, and it took some time to maneuver through them. I took TONS of pictures, and once I get them developed i'm going to write an auto show review for the CSG home page.

My experience with the two Mercury reps at the show was very upsetting say the least. They were uninformed, and to concerned with making test drive appointments. If the info wasn't listed on the sticker, they had no clue. I was going to incorporate my experience with them in to the auto show review, but I am so upset with FMC advertising in general I have decided to write a totally separate piece and not only post it on the site, but I also plan to emil it to FMC. If the Cougar goes out of production, FMC only has themselves to blame for it.

burnsmr4:
    Cougar Fest is for all Cougars, modified and unmodified alike. The goal is to get at least 100 Cougars there. If we can do this, we might attract media attention. I had a phone conversation last week with Dan Calhoun from the Cougar design team and he is hoping to get FMC public relations involved, but first we have to get a decent amount of cars out there. All 99+ Cougars are encouraged to attend.
  • gustafscgustafsc Posts: 361
    HOORAY, HOORAY, IT'S THE 1st OF MAY.

OUTDOOR LOVING STARTS TODAY!!!!!!

Skip G.
    I washed and waxed my Cat yesterday. She looks soooooooo good. Today when I get home I plan on detailing her further. Tis the season.......
    Errr, I think you missed the point ;)

Skip G.
  • stageleftstageleft Posts: 391
    I really wanted to wash and wax the Cat this weekend, but got sidetracked with a road trip. Had to take the dog, so the Cougar sat for a couple of days. Even though I thought I bought a Rio Red Cat, it seems that someone came by and gave it a mild green glazing -- NASTY!

Now I feel I NEED to spend some time with it, just to make sure it didn't forget me, and to reiterate the love I have for my Cougar. I did pick off all the "helicopters" from the window creases and stuff before I drove off this morning. It amazes me how some people can drive with stuff all over their car and not even seem to care. I guess it's the same snow-on-the-roof mentality that keeps the highways so cluttered with garbage.

Take care, Happy Cougaring!
    Skip
    Not all of us are blessed with a private yard. So for me the next best thing to gettin' nakid outside is giving my Cat a sponge bath in the driveway.

I'm glad I don't live next door to you guys. I can just picture that now. There I am in my driveway minding my own business washing my Cat. Out of the corner of my eye some movement catches my attention, so I look over. What do I see? It's Skip my neighbor running around nakid yelling "HOORAY, HOORAY! It's the first of May!!

The next scene takes place in the emergency room. I'm sitting on a hospital bed saying "I can't see! I Can't see! My eyes!! My Eyes!! I'M BLIND!!!!"
    LOL! LOL !
  • coolchickcoolchick Posts: 174
    My brother-in-law is drooling over my car :) Had a little roadtrip this weekend. He's got a basic Saturn sedan and it's boring the crapola out of him (gee, wonder why?) He eyes got misty when I pulled out the sticker and showed it to him and he was able to figure out that to get a kitty with what he wanted on it, it would actually cost him LESS than the Saturn!

Finally had a day of sunshine and was able to clean & polish my lovely cat ...especially the wheels! They're so purdy n shiny now :) Ran out of time before I could put a good coat of wax on her, but I hope this coming weekend the weather will cooperate.

Saw the Special Edition commercial on TV one time over the weekend (in the ten o'clock news), but saw not a single one between DC and Williamsburg and the whole way back. Sad but true.
    Commercial? Special Edition?
    Who?,,,, What?,,,,,, When?
    1. The show wouldn't be that bad!!!

2. The idea is to head for the hills and go running naked through the bushes.

Skip G.
    Watch out for the poison Ivy!

(Scratch Scratch)
    I think I'll let this string die quietly while I go put on some Calamine lotion ;)

Skip G.
  • coolchickcoolchick Posts: 174
    Badulah --

Unfortunately for you, it was a Newport News, VA station that had the Special Edition commercial.

Very jumpy camera work and short-take shots, so it was hard to really "see" the car. If I'd known it was coming, I would have put it on tape so I could do a frame-by-frame replay! Still, it sure was nice to see any kitty on TV!

It was a Fox affiliate station in the first 20 minutes of the 10:00 news, so maybe you can see if FLM is buying similiar airtim in your area.
This discussion has been closed.