Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick Rendezvous Overheating

Comments

• buddo9buddo9 Posts: 18
    If you email me I can send pictures.. ( buddo19ATPTDDotnet )
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,910
    Maybe you can post them at a photo hosting site somewhere, like Flickr, and link to them. Then future owners will be able to find them without having to try to track you down.

Thanks!
  • tammilanitammilani Posts: 5
    More issues with my 2002 RDV. I am replying to my initial post from 6 months ago to refer to how quickly and possibly connected these issues have been. Transmission fluid is now leaking from my car. It seems to happen at the time when the car is started. This started on Friday. As you can see in my original post that I had to have the transmission replaced less than 2 years ago, along with the transfer case and a new radiator ($6,000) and then the head gasket issue in January (6 months ago). My question is.....is this new leak related to the previous repairs as I believe this should be under warranty and taken care of. Seems like a seal was not up to par, but that's just my opinion. Can anyone tell me if this should be the responsibility of the dealer?
  • ab0534ab0534 Posts: 1
    Could you please send me the pictures as well or post them somewhere. I have a 2003 Buick Rendezvous and I'm having the same problem.
  • jeteyejeteye Posts: 2
    OK...i have 2002 CX with about 100,000 miles and it overheated, had all the hoses replaced, flushed, etc, $1,100 BILL ...then started overheating again..they told me because it overheated once (which as soon as the red light came on I pulled over). that it now needs a new head casket at $2,750! WTF? Really, I think I will just go buy a new car and it will NOT be a GM!!
  • jeteyejeteye Posts: 2
    OK...I have 2002 CX with about 100,000 miles and it overheated! I had all the hoses replaced, flushed, etc, a $1,100 BILL ...then started overheating again..they told me because it overheated once (which as soon as the red light came on I pulled over). that it now needs a new head casket at $2,750! WTF? Really, I think I will just go buy a new car and it will NOT be a GM!! OH, they told me they are not sure if that would fix the problem either...what a con game...
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Posts: 1,964
    We're sorry that the initial repair did not resolve the overheating problem. If you would like us to look into this further, please don't hesitate to email at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name, contact information, and last 8 of your VIN).
    Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • busa02busa02 Posts: 1
    Requesting photos from buddo9 on overheating rendezvous engine compartment.
    Hello,
    Yes the engine compartment is the problem! The cooling fans come on but all of that air goes beneath the engine leaving the engine to bath in it's own heat.. Bad design !
    I can only send photos via email.. Just correct the dot and at... buddo19ATPTDdotnet
    Bud
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,910
    edited August 2012
    You can post them at a photo hosting site like Flickr or Tinypic and then link to the photo URL (or use the IMG buttons to post them here). Or email them to me and I'll put them on Tinypic and link to them. (stever@edmunds.com).

That way the next owner won't get heartburn trying to track you down in six months. :)
  • Please send me pics of your hood that has been cut. I have a 2002 buick rdv and have already replaced the water pump and thermostat and dont have anymore $$$ for repairs so thank you for posting a corection to this issue. For the person that speaks against that. maybe they haven't dealt w/the frustration of getting stranded on your way to work twice in one week after waisting money on repairs only to have the same overheating problem. So thank you again because I sure dont see GM providing any answers to this problem.
  • Well, I bought my 02 POS brand new w/all options. The computer went out completely about 8yrs ago...who knows how many miles are on it. Had window reg. replaced, hatch latch, it's overheating (Deep South-hot) and needs $2200 just to fix that. Replaced rad. and the latest is the leaking gas tank. GM had a recall for that very prob, but said my VIN wasn't included.I explained that if I burn in a fiery fashion my family will own them. I will get a horse and buggy b/f I EVER buy GM again.
  • I am in the market for a second vehicle and i had a deal dropped in my lap this morning.

2002 Rendezvous with a 150000 km's on a rebuilt engine. For only $1000.

And Yes, the engine was replaced because of this head gasket issue so many others have had.

My question is, since the engine has been replaced, will i still have to be concerned about the head gasket in the future or would this problem be rectified?

I am fine with only getting a year or two out of this vehicle for this price. Just looking for some advice and knowledge from people that already own one of these vehicles.

Thanks in advance
    Brandon
  • ray80ray80 Posts: 1,183
    Head gasket can fail on any vehicle, commonly because of a overheating issue (and being driven HOT for a while).

This era 3.x engine (from 95' until sometime on 03' I believe) had an issue with intake manifold gaskets that would fail and create coolant loss. I think this lead to the overheating condition and created an opputunity for head gasket problem. If the newer intake gaskets are on the replaced engine and coolant level is kept up it should be fine. JMHO
  • quinnrquinnr Posts: 1
    A friend took her 05 CX into a shop because of overheating. They replaced the radiator, but never flushed the lines and filled the coolant tank with water....just water. So naturally it overheated again. Then told her it was the thermostat. They replaced that as well, but still did not flush the lines. It is still overheating or at least reading that it is. The shop is a complete joke and have no problem messing with people. There is a whole lot more to the story but none of which will help the car run any better.
    Is this an issue with the rely? Or did they screw something up that might not be repairable?
  • Hey brucemcgr,
    So did you ever get the problem fixed? Because I got the same problem. Thanks.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,001
    Good morning msocccerw,
    What year is your Rendezvous? I would be happy to check the resources I have to see if I have any troubleshooting tips I can send your way.
    Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • terraineterraine Posts: 1
    please tell me how to get the pic from buddo. the email he listed not working. if any has the pic re: 2002 buick rendezvous overheating issues. please let me know. thanks.
  • vinoevinoe Posts: 5
    Hi there, I have a Buick RDV 2002 I have change the head gasket, thermostat, and sensor because it was overheating, but when I start the car it still overheating! I don't know what's the problem now, can somebody pls. Tell me why?
    The engine compartment design is BAD,, The air comeing in from to two fans go to the place of least resistance down under the engine.. The upper area has No ventelation ! The engine sits high cooking in it's own heat... The rubber seal at the windshield can be cut 1" x 2 ft. from center.. Leave the botton of that guard there for water run off from windshield.. Mine is perfect ! Heat destroys engines !!!