Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler 300M Engine Problems

2»

Comments

• i 'm having the same problem with my chyrsler 300m 1999, but it starts jerking when i'm driving with speeds 60-80mph..i let off the gas while slowing down and it stops (jerking)..what could be the problem?
  • :( My chrysler 300m 1999 starts jerking when the car is at speeds of 60-80mph. The check engine light flashes, of course the car is jerking/knocking. I let of the gas so the jerking can stop. it does but i want to get to the bottom of the problem and fix it. What could be the problem?
  • bnardbnard Posts: 1
    I had the same problem with my '99m.....one or more of your coil packs are bad
  • Cheaper: Used heads from good junk yard. Have machine shop check for cracks, and check valves. Buy head gasket set, and Chiltons. may need to rent cam shaft tool
    Cheapest: Used low mileage, engine from good junk yard.
  • try replacing the park shift interlock switch. it shouldnt be no more that 15 or 20$ from auto zone.
  • morgan71morgan71 Posts: 25
    Ok, now that i got the starting stalling issue fixed, my other issue is my engine recently started making a tapping sound. It starts after its been driven when the engine is warm. I hear it when I come to a stop sign and a stop light but it goes away when I pull off. It even goes away when the car is put in park. But I also noticed it becomes a little more pronounced if I have the car in park and or when I slightly turn the steering wheel to the left or right. It sounds like its coming from the left driver side but its hard to tell since im always driving.

Any body have this same problem and what did you do to get it fixed? Any help would be appreciated.
    I like so many other 300m owners had that same problem recently, have your mechanic check the cam and crank sensor. I had mine replaced and now it starts and runs fine.
  • smm2004smm2004 Posts: 1
    How much did the cam cost you? I have had my 300 for less than a year and the cam is out on mine. I am so disappointed and still owe alot of money on it.
    I didnt have the cam replaced, it was the cam sensor and the crank sensor. My mechanic charged me $150.00 total.
  • WELL MY QUESTION TO YOU IS DO YOU ALWAYS BELIEVE WHAT SOMEONE TELLS YOU???? THERE IS A WAY TO TELL IF YOUR GONNA NEED A NEW ENGINE, THE PROBLEM IS IS THAT IT WILL COST YOU SOME FUNDS TO RE-TEST AND SEE IF INDEED THE VALVES ARE BENT, #1 A NEW BELT NEEDS TO BE PUT ON, #2 THEN A GOOD COMPLETE COMPRESSION TEST NEEDS TO BE DONE AND IT WILL DEFINATELY TELL YOU EITHER WAY, I JUST HAD ONE DONE BY A SHADE TREEE MECHANIC HE WAS LUCKY, IT DIDNT BEND ANYTHING, IF YOURS HAPPENS TO BE A FLUKE THEN THE COST OF PULLING THE HEAD AND LOOKING AT THE DAMAGE CAN BE QUITE EXPENSIVE IF YOU ARE NOT MECHANICALLY INCLINED, BUT IF YOU HAPPEN TO KNOW SOMEONE WHO HAS GOOD COMMON SENSE AND LIKES A GOOD CHALLENGE THEN DONT BE AFRAID TO TAKE THE CHANCE, I MEAN 250.00 VS 1000 AND UP IS A PRETTY STEEP, AND THE LOWER MILAGE YOU FIND, BE PREPARED TO GET BENT OVER, THEN YOU HAVE THE LABOR TO R/R AND YOUR PROBABLE LOOKING SOMEWHERE IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD OF 2200-2700.00 THEN ASK YOU SELF "IS IT WORTH IT"
2»