Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2009 Lexus RX 350

Comments

• briegelbriegel Posts: 139
    I agree...I just did buy mine at the end of my lease!
  • prazpraz Posts: 163
    As I said in my earlier post, it sells more than 100,000 units a year and is a bench mark for other luxury SUV's. I admit that RX350 is luxurious but what I meant to say was it is not as luxurious as other Lexus vehicles. I agree that the design (exterior and interior) is 6 or more years old but the point I was making was that they should have re-designed the vehicle and added more luxury and tech into their best selling SUV so that the sales would be even better. With competition growing in that segment, I hoped they re-designed the vehicle instead of selling under invoice (as read in other posts). It is a good and well rounded SUV and hope it will always be a benchmark for other SUV's in the market. Enjoy your vehicle.
  • I think my post was misinterpreted. I have owned all 3 of the vehicles mentioned and BY far, the Lexus GX 470 feels much more "substantial" than the RX 350 and the Highlander. The GX is more like an SUV in the sense that it is a truck (based on the 4 Runner) and CAN be taken off-road, can TOW a boat yet give the ride of the RX 350 with a TON more torque. Just can't get V-8 torque out of a 6 without a supercharger or turbo. I still maintain that the RX 350 is just a jazzed up Highlander Limited and the same can be said for the GX 470, although the 4 Runner does not have the V-8. Not to say the RX is not a nice ute, its just that for 10 K less , you can get a V-6 Highlander Limited with ALL of the amenities of the RX except for the Link. In fact, on a percentage basis, the Highlander offers a better resale value than the RX and will sell just as easy in the used car market. Its a case of Toyota cannibalizing its own. If you want to compare the RX to the Acura RDX or even MDX, yes, the Lexus /Toyota is the clear winner.
  • maximafanmaximafan Posts: 592
    But, see, in my case, I never liked the exterior styling or the interior styling on the Highlander. I liked the styling both exterior
    and interior-wise on the RX. At least the latest body style had a different look from most crossover SUV's, although they're all starting to look similar to each other nowadays. I do recall the Highlander had that nice, creamy ride when I got to drive a rental
    several years back.
    LOL!! Seriously, I do believe the buyout price on my RX350 would be hard to pass up because I feel that it would cost me
    possibly three or four thousand dollars more at least to buy this car used at that age and at that time! So we'll see what happens further down the road. Also, while there a lot of choices
    in the crossover segment these days, particularly the CUV's with
    third row seats (Which I have no need for!) as far as fuel mileage
    goes, the RX350 does better than most of the others.
  • Hi maximafan sorry this isnt about the RX, but i saw in one of the murano forums you said you had rented a murano in florida, which company did you do through? Im trying to get one for a 2 week trip and i cant find out which rental company has one, thanks so much for the help!
    Hello, Quattroporte! I live in Tampa, Florida and the Enterprise
    Leasing folks near where I live have been pretty accommodating
    to me at requesting a certain car. It also helps that this particular
    Enterprise location is right across the street from a Nissan dealership and a Hyundai dealership. If you've got an Enterprise
    location where you live, ask about requesting a particular vehicle.
    That's not to say I have always gotten what I requested,but I believe they have granted at least two of my requests that I can
    recall.

Also, another thing that I have been doing the last few times is
    make my reservations on line (as it seems impossible sometimes
    to reach the actual location by phone) and then possibly upgrading when I get to the location or asking (Like I have done
    with the Murano) if the Murano was available. Good Luck!
  • wwestwwest Posts: 10,706
    The online technical specifications and the sales brochures, dealer supplied and online e-brochure, for the RX350 continue to state that the AWD system is based on the VC, Viscous Clutch, across the center diff'l. The Lexus shop/repair manuals at techinfo.toyota.com indicate the VC is NOT used in the later models, the RX330 & RX350.

The following was in my email archives....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- - ----------------------------------------

...Recently you submitted a question to the Lexus Customer Satisfaction
    Department.

We will assume your issue has been resolved if we do not hear from you
    within 120 hours.
    Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

You may also update this question by replying to this message. Because
    your reply will be automatically processed, you MUST enter your reply
    in the space below. Text entered into any other part of this message
    will be discarded.
    [===> Please enter your reply below this line Please enter your reply above this line http://lexus.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/lexus.cfg/php/enduser/acct_login.php?p_userid=- - west@strobedata.com&p_next_page=myq_upd.php&p_refno=041026-000006&p_created=1098- - 835191

Subject
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    No Summary

Discussion Thread
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Response (Richard Hollingsworth) - 10/27/2004 09:41 AM
    Dear Mr. West,

Thank you for contacting Lexus Customer Satisfaction regarding the 2005 RX 330. We appreciate your interest in this vehicle.

Per our technical department, the 2005 RX 330 does not have a viscous coupling LSD. The vehicle has adopted a full-time all-wheel drive system. We are sorry for the misinformation.

If you would like to discuss your concerns further, you can also reach the Lexus Customer Satisfaction Department at 1-800-255-3987, Monday through Friday, 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Pacific Time.

Sincerely,
    Richard Hollingsworth
    Lexus Customer Satisfaction

Customer (Willard West) - 10/26/2004 04:59 PM
    The current 2005 RX330 e-brochure indicates that the 2005 AWD RX330 has the viscous coupling again.

Is this actually true or is this a typo?

Willard West
  • Thanks maximafan! I live in the DC area, but im planning on renting a car in Las Vegas for a 2 week grand caynon trip, which is why id rather have a comfortable, reliably japenese car (with auto AC}) such as a murano or cx-7 rather than some ford escape. Ive heard that enterprise can be hard-headed when it comes to reserving specific model cars, compared with companies like hertz (however they also dont have the murano listed in their fleet). I wouldnt be happy if i got all the way out there and had to drive something other than i had planned on for 2 weeks. My trip isnt until august so would you suggest i wait until right before to make the reservation, and then try to reserve the specific model of car?
    Lexus website has listed 2009 Lexus meaning one can buy now or in few days 2009 RX 350 (old design, non hybrid).
  • rcf8000rcf8000 Posts: 619
    Can anyone tell me whether "classic silver" is different from the previous "millennium silver"? Also, what RX350 option packages are standard on the Pebble Beach edition?
  • Quattroporte, I would definitely go ahead and make your reservation as soon as possible, and then as you get closer to the
    actual date, call and have a talk with them about possibly requesting a specific type of car. I know where I live, sometimes
    it's just impossible to speak to someone live on the phone at the
    local location. So here lately, I've been making the reservations on the internet and then when I do get there the day of my pick-up, then I start to ask questions as to whether they might be able to get a certain car for me.

Then again, each location may be totally different from each other
    as far as availability of these vehicles and just simply the way
    management will accommodate you. But I would go ahead and make the reservation now and then maybe give them a call as you
    get closer to your pick-up date.
  • Hi Praz,

I had called Lexus regarding the new "Classic Silver" color.

They said it is slightly darker than the Millennium Silver. Classic Silver is still metallic however, so it will have a nice sparkle as did the Millennium.

I guess we'll have to see it in person to see how nice it is.
    Carlovernj,
    I guess so, it will look much better than the one they have now. Also, 2008 lexus has $2,000 incentive and since there is not much difference between 08 and 09, better to go for 2008 and shoot for minimum $2,000 less than invoice.
  • Hi Praz,

I heard of $3,000 cash back last month, I wonder if that carried over.

Someone in these forums from California got $2800 off invoice price.
    As per this forum, CA customers buy less than invoice. So, if there is an incentive for $2000 than CA customers might get more discounts but will customers in other states get the same discounts? There are lot variables to it but no harm in trying to shoot for lesser price.
  • bodble2bodble2 Posts: 4,519
    Does the power tailgate on the 2008 RX350 lock automatically when it closes?
  • bodble2bodble2 Posts: 4,519
    That's what I thought too. But it does not do that on my brother's '08, whether he closes it with the fob, or the button on the tail gate. Perhaps that's one of the customizeable settings that has to be programmed by the dealer?

Thanks!
  • josephd05josephd05 Posts: 46
    4Runner does not have the V8? LOL, you would be wrong. Same drivetrain as 07 landcruiser and GX470, WONDERFUL engine. Also, the Limited 4runner is a better ride for sure with it's Xreas suspension. the Gx is very tippy and handles poorly. The advantages of the GX are better fit and finish, quiter and some more luxury featuers, although my rig as nav, bluetooth, air suspension, rear camera, memory seats, etc. The side opening door on the GX is not nearly as useful, especially in the rain and the rear window does not open, unlike the 4runner. I am about to give up my 4runner, but only because of the terrible lack of thigh support for tall drivers (I'm 6'4"). Other than that, it's a fantastic truck.
This discussion has been closed.