Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cougar Support Group - Chats On...

Comments

• burnsmr4burnsmr4 Posts: 318
    Hey, krnch,

Can you give us some specifics on what you had done? My car runs out of warranty in January. I doubt I'll reach the 36K mile limit before then.

I've got about 30K miles on my '99 Cougar V-6, and I've not had the 30K service done. I'm not keen on the $200 charge for what amounts to a bunch of filter changes.

What have some of you other folks been charged for this service? Did you take it somewhere other than a dealership? Do it yourself?

Thanks,
    burnsmr4
  • futhfuth Posts: 5
    Hey Aussy,

I to am in the process of buying a 2002 Cougar and I opted for the 5 speed manual. They to told me that I would have a hard time finding a manual with the V6-Sport right now due to a factory close down. Due to my selection, I had to order mine even though they may have some sports with the manual in about 2 to 4 weeks. I ordered a Black C2 Sport. :) Can't wait for it!!!

~FUTH
  • aussyaussy Posts: 20
    cool......they are now telling me that they have one in the locator and that i am looking at the 1st or 2nd week of nov....i would be curious to compare notes with you about probs etc over the next year of ownership.....i already have the air intake mod ordered....i will prob get it before i get the car.......
    How much extra HP will that give you? And how much does it cost. I am planning on increasing the horse power to about 220 or so and I wanted to know what mods can get me there?

~FUTH
  • krnchkrnch Posts: 127
    burnsmr2: I'll check the work order tonight and get back to you. I could make it up from memory, but I'm sure I'd leave out a bunch of stuff.

krnch
    burnsmr4: I'll check the work order tonight and get back to you. I could make it up from memory, but I'm sure I'd leave out a bunch of stuff.

krnch
    oops, I guess I didn't stop the first post in time :)
    www.kustomz.com
    i am reading that they claim 3 to 7 % increase in HP.......
  • Hello everyone,
    I defected from the Focus (as in Ford) groups and went for my kitty three months ago. i can tell you all that I do not regret it! I too had trouble getting a hold of 5speed V6 models, my dealer had 45 cougars in stock, about 30 were V6 ALL WERE AUTOMATIC! i personally dont like automatics, but I do live in LA, and I am a bit impatient when i make the decision to do something. So i settled on the Black on Black C2 with everything except Traction control. I dont regret the choice , but I do miss the stick..I only wish Ford made a slightly better ATX for this car, its a little slow to engage and not very intuitive. Eventually i am hoping that i can add some basic items to extract more life from the powertrain, like K and N filters , better plugs...MAYBE, just maybe a reprogramming of the computer. Well See..
    Glad to be here!
    We'll I am definitely going to order the induction air flow kit and the superchips upgrade. Hopefully that will get me to 190 maybe 200hp. The good thing is that the induction kit is only $100! Are you going to install it yourself? I have never worked on cars before, but I would always love to learn :).

~FUTH
    Chris,

Did you get the midnight black leather with c2 badgeing? The reason I am asking is that I went with the french blue cloth only because they don't have a black cloth for the c2. I went with the black c2 clear coat, but didn't go with leather because I went with the standard sport package not the premium, which is about $1000 more; then if you add leather its another $1000. I am planning on adding leather aftermarket if I can get a decent price (around $1000, obviously).

~FUTH
  • malibumalibu Posts: 155
    Aussy & Futh:
    You might check out the www.newcougar.org,
    www.fastcougar.com/folrums sites and get all the
    juicy details about modifying your cougars. Those guys spend quite abit of time and money figuring out the way to get the most hp out of our cars. As for waiting...I waited 11 weeks to get my cougar! so 1-4 sounds good to me! it's definately worth being patient and getting exactly what you want. Congratulations and welcome.
  • Futh, I did get the Leather (Black with Blue Cat logo) It was way too cool to pass up. I did spend a lot, but my dealer is also my friend, and so is the dealership manager, so they always give me the car at 75-150 over invoice, and I got 2000.00 rebate from Mercury so it all balanced out , and besides I figured I may as well go full tilt, otherwise a year later I am going to want all those options I didnt get in the begining!
    PS-I learned a lesson, dont buy a car that is Black, has a black interior..with black leather seats during the SUMMER!! Especially when the A/C isnt the best it could be.
  • gustafscgustafsc Posts: 361
    Seeing as it's Halloween, I disguised my Cougar as a Mitsubishi Eclipse. Terrifying, even to me ;-).

Got an upgraded computer last week, and thought that nobody was here when I would scope out the Edmunds club site. Then I actually entered, read a bunch of new posts, got to the bottom of the pile, saw that I would have to log in to post, and, in a flash of brilliant mental accuity, realized that the new rig didn't have my old cookie file. No cookie, no placemark & new post indicator. DUH!!!

But, It was nice suprise to find a bunch of new enthusiasts joining us. Welcome aboard!!!!

Skip G.
    ok...ok...after being told i would have a three to four week wait for my new cougar......i get a call today from the dealership......a BRAND NEW XR in black was there, just rolled off the truck AND it was a 5 speed.....was i interested???......hmmm....told them not really...more than i wanted to spend....i can wait for mine to come in a few weeks.... but.....i MIGHT come by to look.....so i go look...the car hasn't even been processed in...but they brought it out for me anyhow.....so i asked my sales guy...just for grins what my payments would be....after some dealing etc.....i am now the proud owner(pick it up on sat)of a 2002 black XR cat loaded AND for my inconvenience they threw in 3 years of oil changes and tinted windows GRATIS!!!...my sales guy was awesome and the dealership is the best i have ever dealt with for satisfying a customer....thanx to all on this board for all of your advice.....to futh......'na 'na 'na.... mine got here before yours did....
  • gustafscgustafsc Posts: 361
    Congratulations!!!!

With your luck, you oughtta buy some lottery tickets.

Skip G.
  • I hope you enjoy it, I know i am a little envious since you got a stick, and I didnt...but oh well. Enjoy!
  • Just picked up my 02 red XR - absolutely love it. While I miss the throaty growl of my Mustang, this car will get me through these Wisconsin winters.
  • camelardcamelard Posts: 171
    Great to see all the new members. Please keep us posted on your adventures in Cougarland (you will have to read back over the old posts to learn all the details of our manifesto). I wouldn't give up my 5 speed for anything, even when I'm stuck in traffic for ages everytime the Sens have a home game. Welcome aboard all.
    the red XR came in last week....but it had the red seats....when the black one came in i couldn't wait and took it....i will be interested to compare notes as time goes by......pick mine up tomorrow...and then sat we are taking a trip in the mountains...curvy roads, some nice hills...etc...i am looking forward to a good ride