Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Metro/Geo Metro Accessories & Modifications

2»

Comments

• zendenzenden Posts: 62
    I put 13's om mine and didn't change anything I check the lugs every 1,500 miles they are not coming loose; I wouldn't worry about changing anything! Just tighten them up after putting them on and don't worry about it, its just a gokart!
  • zaken1zaken1 Posts: 556
    I realize this question was asked six months ago; but if anyone comes along who is interested in this relatively common issue, I'd like to add that after putting 13" wheels on my '90 Metro, I was warned by a tire shop that the taper on my lug nuts was just barely large enough to keep the wheel from falling off. Not long afterward, I read a post by a Canadian member; in which he mentioned that Gorilla makes an oversized lug nut specifically for this conversion, which threads onto the stock wheel studs; and that Summit Racing carries them. So I ordered a set, and promptly found that my front end felt a lot more stable. Apparently, the wheels were actually flexing with the stock nuts' smaller taper. So I heartily recommend those Gorilla lug nuts.
  • nugget2nugget2 Posts: 3
    I want to tow my '99 Geo Metro stick shift behind my motor home. Any problems doing this?
  • zaken1zaken1 Posts: 556
    I believe this can be done with no problem. However, if your Metro has power steering; it would be best to double check with a Chevy dealer.

But if you instead towed the motor home with the Metro; wouldn't you save a whole lot of fuel? However, most motor homes have automatic transmissions; which would mean they can't be flat towed.
  • nugget2nugget2 Posts: 3
    zacken - thanks for the info. Guess I'll just have to get a tow dolly for my RV.
  • i got stuff today from hensley auto @ 8002860094. if they dont have it go to junkyarddog.com and submit your request, they send it to multiple salvage yards
  • I am want to convert my 2000 chevy metro from automatic to manual. I am expecting to have to change the computer, wiring harness ,mounting brackets, flywheel, axles. Can any body offer any advise?
2»