Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Strange Cars from the past...

1235»

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 45,648
    Vasco de Gama!

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

• isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,871
    Como?

Ah...those weren't some of the words or phrases that day.

Actually, it was pretty funny to watch and listen to!
  • andre1969andre1969 Posts: 22,105
    ¡Dios maldice, acabo de soplar del pinga!
  • la4meadla4mead Posts: 347
    Cool little wagons!
  • I had the privilige of owning this car for a while in AZ. It was supposedly Willy May's originally. This vehicle was a true grand touring 2 + 2. Made in England but powered by a Dodge 440 Magnum with a 4 barrel.

Fortunately it also had unreal brakes with large swept area... saved my life once.

In AZ at the time I had trouble getting it serviced... only one shop that specialized in these British cars. But out of the 60 or so cars I have owned... the Interceptor sticks out as the most unusual and dramatic to drive.

-Bernie
    edited September 2010
    It's still a car you can buy quite cheap these days. They have a very lukewarm reputation given them by most collectors, for various reasons. The huge heavy engine kills any pretense of being a sports car, ---but that American iron block and transmission means they are easy to maintain. British electrics are, well, British electrics, so you'll have to live with it. Gas consumption is utterly enormous, and bodywork, if needed, is very difficult due to extremely tight or non-existent access to interior panels. Styling is, at best, quirky. You'd think they would be blindingly fast, but they weren't, due to their weight. Good you mentioned those brakes--the car really needed them. Perhaps 0-60 in 7.5 or so, and a top speed of maybe 125. Not a supercar, but actually very well built---good quality.

For the price of a used Hyundai, you could do a lot worse than this "classic" British-American "hybrid"**

**"Hybrids" is what we used to call them back in the day. The AC Cobra, Sunbeam Tiger, Pantera, etc. were all regarded as such. Only the Cobra really achieved any kind of prestige or big-buck status.

Sorry but you can't sell anything in the Forums, so I had to remove your post. I'd suggest, for a car like yours, an ad in Hemmings Motor News would be a perfect place.

But please come in and share your interests and expertise. Just no ads, thanks.

Mr Shiftright
    Forums Host

1235»
This discussion has been closed.