Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Ranger Radiator Issues

2»

Comments

• bolivarbolivar Posts: 2,316
    Bad radiator cap? It get hot and pushes coolant to the overflow reservoir, but the little valve in the cap is not working right. It's not opening up when it cools down and pulling the coolant back into the radiator.

Or, the rubber hose from the cap to the reservoir is bad. Somewhat same problem, it pushes coolant to the reservoir when hot, but when cooled down the hose allows air to be pulled in rather than coolant from the resevoir.

Or, it there is a leak in any of the hoses - radiator or heater - the same thing happens. When the coolant cools down, air is pulled into the system rather than coolant being pulled back from the reservior.

In general, the cooling system has to be air tight everywhere or there will be problems.
  • i have a 1998 ranger xlt and the temp guage goes crazy when you start the truck it goes from cold to hot but does not overheat. Also when going from park to drive it dies but does not when shifting any other time. thanks
  • tinlingtinling Posts: 2

I have a 2000 ranger 3.0 and my thermostat was stuck temp got hot and the pipe fitting for the heater sprung a leak. I managed to remove the broken fitting. It is a brass elbow with a temp sensor that threads on the top and the nipple protrudes from the bottom at an angle. My problem is I have not been able to find a exact fitting but have found one with the nipple coming straight out the back. But the air conditioner rigid pipe is right in the way any suggestions

• tinlingtinling Posts: 2

@tinling said: I have a 2000 ranger 3.0 and my thermostat was stuck temp got hot and the pipe fitting for the heater sprung a leak. I managed to remove the broken fitting. It is a brass elbow with a temp sensor that threads on the top and the nipple protrudes from the bottom at an angle. My problem is I have not been able to find a exact fitting but have found one with the nipple coming straight out the back. But the air conditioner rigid pipe is right in the way any suggestions

DISREGARD*** Looks like I'll have to find a hose fitting just like the one that came out. There is absolutely no clearance in any other direction.

2»