Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is the Auto Sales Profession for Me?

1234568»

Comments

• Give me a break. You are preying on the untalented to pay you the 294.00. Many people are desperate during the economy downturn and that is when people such as TK Worldwide strike. Whatever you do, don't pay them any money!
  • Don't give them any money. If you are good, you should not have to pay.
  • kbradberrykbradberry Posts: 3
    edited June 2010
    I realize that there is no point in having a debate with you about this. I am however compelled to direct you to our web site. There are over 1,000 testimonials and an A Rating with the BBB from people who say that 3 days was enough. That it was all they needed to get a clear picture of what direction they wanted to go in. Most make it, some don't. But you are not even giving yourself a chance. I have a true sense of sadness when I see people who are so critical and skeptical that they don't even try.

Our training programs come in all shapes and sizes. Training fees are not mandatory, nor is the training (unless our dealer clients require that we train the applicants, and if they require it, the DEALERSHIP is required to pay the full fee)

Many of our programs don't even have trainers on the ground. They are simply all done over the internet, and phone. It's sad to say, but when we don't have trainers there, the people have a much tougher time getting acclimated in their new career. Good management is the key to prevent fall out! Most of our clients DO have great management teams. We are blessed with a great following dealers around the country.

I am sad about and sorry that so many people like to turn against "corporate america" (the evil empire) before they even know much about the companies they so revile. I am just a guy who had a dream, lives in America (the greatest Country on the planet) and used the tools I could find the create wealth in such a way that I could grow my business while paying it forward, creating commission based jobs for the economy, stimulating the travel industry,(15 trainers booking flights every week, and renting cars, and hotel rooms everywhere they go), training people in a new career and helping them secure their family's futures by enabling them to make unlimited income potential, but NOW, I"m the scaming evil empire???? How did we get there? People are so quick to make broad negative generalizations (in some cases slanderous) and spread negative press without so much as considering the consequences of their actions. I can't tell you how many people we've trained off the top of my head. It's somewhere around 50,000 and we have a n A Rating with the BBB, and have had for the past 10 years! Many of those we've trained are now OUR CLIENTS. That's right! They use us in their stores they THEY run now, because unlike you, they saw the value, gave into the process, stayed focused, stuck to it, and now make well over $100,000+ each year, and love US for what we did for them.

It breaks my heart to know that people (I've seen this happen) go online and read little sections of stuff like what you write and then scream "foul" and don't "scam" and don't come back to the training, touting, "I knew it was too good to be true." Those people never got a chance to truly break free from their own comfort zones and change their lives, all because they read something close minded that someone like you wrote without even knowing what the heck you are talking about.

The internet is supposed to be a place where you can gain knowledge quickly, but I guess by its design it's also a place where you can spread stupid around pretty fast as well. Learn your facts, and make well informed decisions. I hope this email I sent you touched you all in some small way. Maybe just enough to get you to think about the decisions you are going make in more of a 360 degree thought process.

I am the Owner of TK Worldwide, Inc. and I stand behind this company, its people, the processes, the reputation we've built, and lives we've changed. If you are so worried about your money being given back, then don't go through the training if it's offered. I have every applicant (in those situations where we are charging) to read and sign an agreement that states if they don't want to go through the training it won't effect their hirability. Also, being one who stands behind our programs and people, you are not likely to fail if you simply communicate with us in the home office. I have a girl who I pay, health benefits and all to be there JUST FOR YOU if you need her to look over your resume, give professional advice, set up interview opportunities, or just keep you on track.

I too am available, in many ways to assist those who need help. If more negative press come from this thread after I've written all this, than I know there is nothing else I can do here, and I won't be responding to anymore negative internet press. I don't have to prove anything to you, and I am sorry you are bitter. My business with this Email thread is done. God Bless, and should you ever decide you want to explore a career in the automotive industry, I'll pay for your training class myself. All you have to do is ask...
  • jipsterjipster Posts: 5,345
    Sounds like a testimonial for your company. Thanks for your point of view. Stick around though, if you truely want to enlighten those of us who are bitter and ignorant, a dialogue would serve that purpose better than a one and done.
  • fezofezo Posts: 9,195
    Not to mention he's replying to a year old post....
  • jipsterjipster Posts: 5,345
    Not to mention he's replying to a year old post....

oh...well, I look forward to his reply one year from today. ;)
  • Hey everyone , my name is Ilya Igdalev . And i been looking to get advice from ppl with know how whether is better to pursue Used Car sales or go to work for a New Car Dealer. thanks in advance for any tips .
  • oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Posts: 6,007
    New or Used?

The sales people tell me that there is much more profit in used cars than in new so I would assume that there would be more commission money there too. On the other hand, there are so many ways that dealerships mess with the "profit" on a deal it's hard to tell where the salespeople make the most.

I just saw an ad for a local car dealer which touted "up to 50% commission". I'm not sure if that was for new or used.

2009 PT Cruiser, 2008 Eclipse, 1995 Mark VIII, 1988 GMC Van

• Hey , this is Ilya Igdalev again . Thanks for your response . Yeah the whole 50% commision sounds unbelievable but who knows :) Is there anyone here who worked for an actual dealership who can give me a real insiders perspective , new or used :) thanks in advance , Ilya
  • fushigifushigi Posts: 1,217
    Probably 50% of dealer profit after all costs, not selling price.
  • jwilliams2jwilliams2 Posts: 854
    edited November 2010
    Most reputable dealers pay 20% to 25% of the gross profit, after all costs and expenses, including the dealer "pack", which is an amount added to cost to cover their "expenses". Many cars (probably all those sold to Edmunds readers) are sold at such low margins that a "mini", or minimum commission is paid instead. Mini's generally run between $75 and $150 per car, so as a rule, car salespeople don't get rich.
  • egkoregkor Posts: 24
    I applied for a Auto Sales position at a Toyota dealership this last week.

Qualifications: Past retail sales experience. Was good at it. Used it to go to college, then on to "office" type work.

Now am unemployed and want to get back into Sales, except this time with Autos.

I started with a referral and a phone call to the owner of the dealership. Was invited to come in to the dealership to fill out an app. Dressed up (slacks/tie). Went in, filled out app, was passed to an operations manager type. That conversation went well and I was excited to get the job as a result. OM said he wanted me to come back to talk with their 2 Sales Managers. He promised to call me the next business day to set up an appointment.

The call did come in, but he said the SMs were looking for someone already experienced in Auto sales.

I am very dissapointed, I really wanted to work at this particular dealership.

I'm going to try other dealers in the area.

Thanks for all the great info!
  • egkoregkor Posts: 24
    I applied at a different dealership. Got called to come in. Spoke with Sales Manager #1. Went well, was asked to come back next to day to speak with Sales Manager #2.

Next day I go back, speak w/ Sales Manager #2. He says "just got a memo from corporate that says don't hire any more salespeople". This is because of an expected inventory shortage due to "parts scarcity" because of the earthquake in Japan.

Oh well ... :confuse:
1234568»