Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Blazer Jimmy Real World MPG

thesweetrosslgthesweetrosslg Member Posts: 28
edited April 2014 in Chevrolet
Hi i was just wondering for those with a 1995 threw 1997 i think those years where the same body and same everything
what is your MPG that you get on the highway and city if you are doing all highway driving
how many miles can you get safly on a full tank on the avg Thank you

ross.g

Comments

• tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    I was surprised that we didn't already have a Jimmy/Blazer MPG discussion so I took the liberty of changing the title of this topic! :)

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • thesweetrosslgthesweetrosslg Member Posts: 28
    wow cant belive how many ppl on here the post of the last few days dont want to put in there MPG LOL
  • jlflemmonsjlflemmons Member Posts: 2,242
    Drove 300+ miles this weekend, round trip 20.3MPG running mostly highway at 75MPH.

In town, lucky to get 13MPG
    Drove 300+ miles this weekend, round trip 20.3MPG running mostly highway at 75MPH.

In town, lucky to get 13MPG
    im heading to NY at the end of the month about 460 mostly 440 miles on the highway each way im hoping that i will get atleast 300 miles to the tank
    i usualy with highway and city driving get around
    280 to a tank
  • mwolf9000mwolf9000 Member Posts: 29
    My '96 Jimmy 4wd averages 20-22 in mostly highway driving.
    am i going crazy or somthing
    i dont get it
    i have been meanint to post this since sometime last month
    but on my way to new york and back from Ohio
    i think i was pulling like 25-26 mpg
    i swear it and i dont know if im crazy or somthing
  • antique_maggieantique_maggie Member Posts: 10
    My family and I (Me, hubby, and baby) are taking a trip over the labor day weekend and are taking our '92 s 10 blazer since my '94 astrovan is in need of a water pump. "Maggie" (as she is affectionately called) has about 160k on her, we've owned her 3.5 years, and I'd like to know what kind of mpg an "antique" her age should be getting, assuming she's in good running shape. She drives fine, is good on the highway, and other than some valve covers needing replaced, is overall a good running blazer. Should I get her in for a tune up before we leave, will that increase the mpg any? Or is it not worth the money for a tune up and can we get away with just a few small things (pleeeese say yes!, that van is driving us near BROKE!). I'm sure an oil change will get done, and the air filter too. To shorten this, I just want to get the most mpg out of her without spending so much before a short trip. Someone PLEASE help, I've got a car parts salesman for a hubby, and sometimes (though I'd never say it to him) he likes to tell me Maggie needs things that I think she might be able to do without just so he can "play".....;0) Set me straight! Thanks!

Antique_Maggie
  • johnss10johnss10 Member Posts: 46
    Like the others say, I get about 21-22 on the interstate with my 98 Blazer 4.3 V6. Mileage went up 2-3 MPG, from 18, after I had the front end aligned
  • beau48beau48 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 1998 Blazer 4.3L with about 130,000 miles on it.Last winter the gas mileage went way down, I had figured that when it warmed up I would see an increase in my mileage. Before my mileage went to heck I could get 20 mpg on a good day on the highway. Now I am lucky to get 13 mpg on the highway driving like I have an egg under the gas peddle.

With the price of gas I would really like to get it back to around 20 mpg on the highway.

I took it in and had a complete tune up I am talking everything Plugs, wires cap, rotor etc. I thought that would take care of the mileage probelm but it didn't it appears to be getting worste, now I happened to noticed that if you hit the gas hard it feels like it chugs so I took it back and everything they did checks out ok so now they are going to do a fuel pressure test to see if it is something with the fuel system.

I guess I am wondering is this the next step they should take? I do trust the place I have it worked on I just don't want to throw good money away just replacing parts.

Has anyone else had this problem with the gas mileage going to crap on them and what did they do ro fix it short of buy another SUV.

This little Blazer of mine has been awesome it has never gave me any problems until now I Like how I can get around out in the back country with the 4 wheel drive.

Like I said I am just tired of wasting gas when I should be getting alot better mileage than I am.

Any Idea's would be great. Thanks in Advance.
    Clogged converter?
  • beau48beau48 Member Posts: 2
    I kind of thought that too a Long time ago I had Car that had one the only thing it didn't do is chug like my Blazer does.
    The place that works on it called awhile ago and said it isn't a fuel pressure issue it checked out fine. They are still looking for the problem. They sound like they are going to eat the cost of looking for the problem I will have to wait and see if it really happens. I had spent a bunch of money on it already with a new intake and tune up.
  • pcgeekpcgeek Member Posts: 6
    I get a solid 22 MPG driving locally. Highway is slightly better, but I tend to push 75 MPH on the road, if you hold it to 70 or lower you should hit about 25 MPG... ;)
This discussion has been closed.